WO-S, Silsbee will be one for the memory books

WO-S, Silsbee will be one for the memory books

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

So the time has come and the dust will soon be settled.

West Orange-Stark is finally preparing solely on the Silsbee Tigers.

It has what so many fans of District 21-3A have been waiting for and other football fans in Southeast Texas will also be keeping a close eye on this score.

But does anyone else feel this game has somehow lost a little luster?

The Mustangs come in 4-1 with their only lose to the Jasper Bulldogs. The Silsbee Tigers are 1-4 after playing a brutal non-district schedule.

The hype for the game is still huge and the stakes are even higher. The winner of this game will more than likely win the District 21-3A championship.

Yet for me something is different.

Is it because the Tigers are 1-4? Is it because WO-S had a few lack-luster wins over LC-M and Kirbyville?

Now do not get me wrong. I know all too well LC-M is not the same LC-M as years’ past. They have improved leaps and bounds under Randy Crouch.

Kirbyville is always strong and was poised to give the Mustangs all they could handle.

Still something about the Silsbee and WO-S is different this week. The build up is not the same in my head.

The only thing that will make it different is pulling up to the stadium Friday night and preparing to cover the game.

Once WO-S gets off that bus and the band starts to play the music from “Jaws†I am certain everything will fall into place.

Now as for as my take on the game it will take in my mind the best game of Jeremy Johnson’s career to beat the Mustangs. Johnson, the quarterback of the Tigers, is going to have to put the Tigers on his back in order to take down WO-S is going to have to find ways to make this happen and if any coaching staff in Southeast Texas is the best at game-planning, it is the Mustangs’ staff.

Dan Hooks and his staff are second to none.

Defensive coordinator Cornell Thompson is about as close to a defensive genius as they come and he will find ways to harass Johnson all night long.

Will it be enough?

Well that is why they play the games my friends and the game will be played. The feeling was not there at the start of this column yet as I wrap this up, I can hardly wait for Friday already.

the diffrence this year will be NO RANDY CROUCH. the new kid on the block will be TOBY FOREMAN and let me tell you now he is going to be a good one.foreman has the kids to do the job lets see if thay will come around for coach foreman. now for coach thompsons side of the ball all i can say is you  better be ready to get HIT becouse its comming (BIG TIME).the mustangs have see it all this year SIZE-SPEED and some of the best kids and coaches around. my best to both teams

the diffrence this year will be NO RANDY CROUCH. the new kid on the block will be TOBY FOREMAN and let me tell you now he is going to be a good one.foreman has the kids to do the job lets see if thay will come around for coach foreman. now for coach thompsons side of the ball all i can say is you  better be ready to get HIT becouse its comming (BIG TIME).the mustangs have see it all this year SIZE-SPEED and some of the best kids and coaches around. my best to both teams

Clueless.

skipper, you and aggie are being wimpy as usual.  sometimes i think you two are the same person.

i know you're "joking" about thinking their the same person sometimes but in aggie's defense, he actually speaks to where it is easy to understand him (normal english)....

sry, just had to say that...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham