Sad to report the loss of a good Bmt Chapter official - RIP Warren "Moose" Jones

"Moose", as we all knew him was a great big guy, with even a bigger heart....Moose had a knack for making you laugh and making you feel good, just by being around him. That big smile and that deep voice will be missed. Kids will miss him the most, because he was always involved in as many as he could touch. There was a true  sincereity about him that I will never forget. The gyms won't be the same without him around and we all lost a winner today.. LIFE is ???????? Full of these.

Guest DickVitale

I got the call about it at 6 am this morning from Coach Henderson and it just tore me up.....I have no words to say...God bless his family at this hour....One day you are here, and the next you are gone.  I will sorely miss the big fella.  I will definitely be at the services to honor him and be with his family.

Just located the obituary on line and was even more saddened by this..  I did not know "Moose" but I can remember seeing many games he officiated.  He always had a smile on his face.  He was a good official an it was clear he loved doing it and lived his life to the fullest.  "Moose" you will be greatly missed.

I had the opportunity to work with Moose at many Silsbee basketball games.  I am saddened to hear of his passing.  His size and his voice could have been intimidating if not for the sweet smile that he always carried with him.  He was an excellent official and will be missed by many.

God Bless the Jones family.

I had the pleasure of attending the memorial service for 'MOOSE' Jones.  I say pleasure because it was one of the most uplifting ceremonies that I have ever witnessed.  I am sure that no one who attended left without a change in there attitude toward life. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the coaches and officials who took the time to be a part of this ceremony for Warren.  The service was a whos who of area coaches,  which it should have been.  Warren deserved all the recognition that was bestowed upon him because WARREN JONES WAS A GREAT MAN.  I loved this man and it had nothing to do with basketball.  It had everything to do with the true worth of this man which was his tremendous heart.

I have a daughter who has been battling breast cancer.  I NEVER SAW MOOSE THAT HE DIDN'T GIVE ME A HUG AND ASK ABOUT MY CHILD

You may miss Warren on the basketball court.  I will miss him off of the court

Joe Whitted

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4