No pass no play rule?

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

I thought that when kid's don't pass, they can't participate in any extracurricular activities after school. I was told earlier that some kid's at GMS that failed could practice and be back in 3 weeks to play against Port Neches. I thought they could practice during their athletic period but not after school. Personally, if they didn't pass, they should not be able to practice with the team until progress reports come out. Am I missing something?

I thought that when kid's don't pass, they can't participate in any extracurricular activities after school. I was told earlier that some kid's at GMS that failed could practice and be back in 3 weeks to play against Port Neches. I thought they could practice during their athletic period but not after school. Personally, if they didn't pass, they should not be able to practice with the team until progress reports come out. Am I missing something?

My understanding is that they can't practice, nor play, nor even travel with the team until they are delcared eligible. 

Guest Ranger83

They can practice but not suit up or play

That is correct. After 3 weeks, schools can check grades and IF they are passing ALL classes, they can "regain" their eligibility.

if you are ineligble due to grades, you can practice during and after school, BUT you cannot suit up or be on the field with your team during games...

now, if you are ineligible due to say, ISS or something, you cannot be on school campus after the final bell rings... (unless this is just a campus rule, but i think UIL stated it also)

Guest Ranger83

if you are ineligble due to grades, you can practice during and after school, BUT you cannot suit up or be on the field with your team during games...

now, if you are ineligible due to say, ISS or something, you cannot be on school campus after the final bell rings... (unless this is just a campus rule, but i think UIL stated it also)

ISS is In School Suspension, therefore, you are technically "in school" and you can practice.

ISS is In School Suspension, therefore, you are technically "in school" and you can practice.

but you are supposed to be away from the other students...

unless it is a Bridge City rule.... like i said, im not sure...

Guest Silsbee88

depends on school......but SAC is mandatory no extracurricular

Guest Ranger83

but you are supposed to be away from the other students...

unless it is a Bridge City rule.... like i said, im not sure...

Probably a district by district policy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham