Lamar Football Info

Trying to find stuff to put into the national FCS media regarding Lamar football since I do correspond with guys like David Coulson (Sporting News), Chuck Burton (College Sporting News) and Kent Schmidt (College Sporting News) often about the Southland Conference.

Lots of people are interested in the start-up programs (ODU, LU, USA, etc). Seems most of the stuff available comes from the media.

Haven't you guys played two simulated games with one more coming in November? There's not a whole lot of information out there regarding what I figured would be relatively big stepping stones for your football program.

If you guys find anything - please share on here. A few of you are doing a great job and it's very helpful.

Guest coachacola

The scrimmage last week wasn't publicized and there wasn't even a writeup on it the next day.  Lamar is taking a real low-key approach to this so far.  They will have one more scrimmage in November.  I could be wrong but I think they are behind on the stadium renovations so they may be holding back on pushing football hard until they get caught up.

Guest coachacola

As of yesterday, Georgia State still did not list Lamar on the football schedule. Lamar, which announced their schedule first, still does.

Collegiate sports contracts must be a difficult and long-winded process...

I emailed the athletic department a few days about this.  If they respond I'll let everyone know (but I won't hold my breath).

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="682037" timestamp="1256128511"]
As of yesterday, Georgia State still did not list Lamar on the football schedule. Lamar, which announced their schedule first, still does.

Collegiate sports contracts must be a difficult and long-winded process...
[/quote]

Well TT hate to disappoint you but I spoke with someone in the athletic department yesterday and was told that YES, Lamar has a contract with Georgia and the Coach Woodard has put a call into them to please change their website....So I guess LU was not making it up after all....

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="684629" timestamp="1256356183"]Well TT hate to disappoint you but I spoke with someone in the athletic department yesterday and was told that YES, Lamar has a contract with Georgia and the Coach Woodard has put a call into them to please change their website....So I guess LU was not making it up after all....[/quote]

I heard that from a contact at Lamar several weeks ago - that they had a contract with Georgia State.

Then, I followed up and contacted someone at Georgia State and told me it was not finalized at that point, hence the reason Lamar was excluded when the Panthers announced their schedule (AFTER Lamar had announced theirs).

It's been pretty humorous to watch. I'm sure these two teams will play, but when contract issues reach into the public like this and it's obvious that there is a problem, it's funny. My favorite is when it's obvious that schools have double-booked.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="684850" timestamp="1256386428"]
[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg684629#msg684629 date=1256356183]Well TT hate to disappoint you but I spoke with someone in the athletic department yesterday and was told that YES, Lamar has a contract with Georgia and the Coach Woodard has put a call into them to please change their website....So I guess LU was not making it up after all....[/quote]

I heard that from a contact at Lamar several weeks ago - that they had a contract with Georgia State.

Then, I followed up and contacted someone at Georgia State and told me it was not finalized at that point, hence the reason Lamar was excluded when the Panthers announced their schedule (AFTER Lamar had announced theirs).

It's been pretty humorous to watch. I'm sure these two teams will play, but when contract issues reach into the public like this and it's obvious that there is a problem, it's funny. My favorite is when it's obvious that schools have double-booked.
[/quote]

How is it so public? There's been no release, article, or anything on the news saying that there are contract issues with this game.

[quote name="mffl" post="685030" timestamp="1256401226"]How is it so public? There's been no release, article, or anything on the news saying that there are contract issues with this game.[/quote]

MFFL - young chap, you have much to learn! We've beaten this dead horse, but here goes again...

Timeline

1) Lamar announces their schedule WITH Georgia State
2) Georgia State announces their schedule SANS Lamar after the Cardinals had released their schedule
3) Georgia State issues opening schedule t-shirts WITHOUT Lamar on it - GSU fans claim that this is a collectible since Panthers will probably have one more game, possibly Lamar.
4) Georgia State head coach Curry answers question at a pep rally shortly after schedule release and states, " that we have had Lamar on the schedule for a while but we have not received a contract from the school yet".
5) National FCS media question it - was mentioned in one, if not two national FCS columns
6) As of Oct. 24, 2009 - a good while (in fact TWO months and almost two weeks) after the schedule by Lamar was announced - still no game listed on Georgia State's official schedule.

[quote name="coachacola" post="685155" timestamp="1256409500"]Leave it to TT to make a big deal out of nothing.
[/quote]

Never said it was a big deal - I just find it to be funny, especially since it's played out in public.

Now, if Lamar never ends up on Georgia State's schedule - then we can begin to ask questions.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="685219" timestamp="1256413937"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=60758.msg685155#msg685155 date=1256409500]Leave it to TT to make a big deal out of nothing.
[/quote]

Never said it was a big deal - I just find it to be funny, especially since it's played out in public.

Now, if Lamar never ends up on Georgia State's schedule - then we can begin to ask questions.
[/quote]SHSU can't beat SELA, getting stomped today, yet the Terror worries is LU's next year schedule.

[quote name="LUFAN" post="685588" timestamp="1256443316"]Well Terror at least LU has found the nut... How many NCAA Appearances does Prison U have?[/quote]

Since 2001, we have one basketball and three baseball. Just the 2004 NCAA appearance for the Cards in baseball. So in your two premier sports, it's 4 to 1 since the turn of the century... ;)

As is typical with Lamar, it is what have you done for me lately?

At least no one on here makes posts like this about Lamar...  :-\

[url=http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10479]http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10479[/url]

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="685659" timestamp="1256474373"]
[quote author=LUFAN link=topic=60758.msg685588#msg685588 date=1256443316]Well Terror at least LU has found the nut... How many NCAA Appearances does Prison U have?[/quote]

Since 2001, we have one basketball and three baseball. Just the 2004 NCAA appearance for the Cards in baseball. So in your two premier sports, it's 4 to 1 since the turn of the century... ;)

[/quote]As usual Terror picks a cut off date to prop up SHSU. Kinda like saying LU is
the only volleyball team to reach the NCAA, in the past 12 months.  ::)

BTW Terror, 42-3, are you sure this SFA/SHSU game would be better played at a Houston city neighborhood park.

PREDICTION.... Lamar will have a better record than SHSU in 2010 season.

[quote author=LUFAN link=topic=60758.msg685588#msg685588 date=1256443316]Well Terror at least LU has found the nut... How many NCAA Appearances does Prison U have?[/quote]

[/quote]

Well TT  again you fail to have all the facts right.  YOU ARE SO WRONG THIS TIME.  TIED 4 TO 4.

Lamar baseball has been to the postseason 3 times since 2000... In 2002 played in Austin, 2003 again in Austin and in 2004 in Houston at Rice.  Basketball went to post season in 2000.  Know for a fact that this is right because I was at all 4 tournaments.

[quote author=mffl link=topic=60758.msg685030#msg685030 date=1256401226]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=60758.msg684850#msg684850 date=1256386428]
[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg684629#msg684629 date=1256356183]Well TT hate to disappoint you but I spoke with someone in the athletic department yesterday and was told that YES, Lamar has a contract with Georgia and the Coach Woodard has put a call into them to please change their website....So I guess LU was not making it up after all....[/quote]

[/quote]

How is it so public? There's been no release, article, or anything on the news saying that there are contract issues with this game.
[/quote]

Also who the hell are you that you have all your little contacts at every school.  I talked to not just anyone but an assistant AD whom I know for sure has his facts correct.  Why not spend more time putting out positive facts about SHSU and quit trying to down our programs.  Better yet get a life...Why do you care who is on our non conference shedule.  We play who we play....

[/quote]

Are you in the slammer and they cut you loose in the library?

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="685888" timestamp="1256502768"]Well TT  again you fail to have all the facts right.  YOU ARE SO WRONG THIS TIME.  TIED 4 TO 4.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of facts wrong...LOL!

[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg685888#msg685888 date=1256502768]Lamar baseball has been to the postseason 3 times since 2000... In 2002 played in Austin, 2003 again in Austin and in 2004 in Houston at Rice.  Basketball went to post season in 2000.  Know for a fact that this is right because I was at all 4 tournaments.[/quote]

It was difficult to find the information on the Lamar web site, so I apologize for the incorrect information. I went to the page regarding 'tradition' and only championships were listed. Perhaps they should list NCAA appearances there - would make it more helpful.

2004 was the last appearance? I guess the fans here are right when they've informed us all that SHSU and TXST have surpassed the Cards. I want you guys to turn it around, but with the annual weak SOS, you guys don't really help the league RPI, which has continued to head in a positive direction. We've got to look to a squad like SLU to lift it.

[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg685888#msg685888 date=1256502768]Also who the heck are you that you have all your little contacts at every school.  I talked to not just anyone but an assistant AD whom I know for sure has his facts correct.  Why not spend more time putting out positive facts about SHSU and quit trying to down our programs.  Better yet get a life...Why do you care who is on our non conference shedule.  We play who we play....[/quote]

I am a voter in two of the three major FCS polls and talk quite frequently with people at all the different schools, as well as several of the national writers who cover this level better than anyone.

I am interested in FCS as a whole and follow it like a hawk, while everyone else is keeping tabs on the Cougars, Aggies, Red Raiders and Longhorns - I am more concerned with Mountaineers, Paladins, Spiders and Grizzlies. Can you name which schools I am referring to? All four have been FCS powers over the years...

On that note, I have contacted Georgia State. It has been awhile and figured it was time for a follow-up - since it's apparent that they have still not listed Lamar on their web site.

[quote author=UNLV link=topic=60758.msg685799#msg685799 date=1256492707]PREDICTION.... Lamar will have a better record than SHSU in 2010 season.[/quote]

All I care about is beating the Cards. Records won't matter when Lamar is playing their sub-Div I games and other upstarts while SHSU counters with Missouri Valley foe Western Illinois and Big 12 Baylor.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="686009" timestamp="1256510465"]I am more concerned with Mountaineers, Paladins, Spiders and Grizzlies. Can you name which schools I am referring to? All four have been FCS powers over the years...[/quote]
App. State, Furman, Richmond and Montana. Are you really so self indulged that you believe you are the all knowing of all things football? What a douche.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43