Lamar Football Info

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="686009" timestamp="1256510465"]
[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg685888#msg685888 date=1256502768]Well TT  again you fail to have all the facts right.  YOU ARE SO WRONG THIS TIME.  TIED 4 TO 4.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of facts wrong...LOL!

[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg685888#msg685888 date=1256502768]Lamar baseball has been to the postseason 3 times since 2000... In 2002 played in Austin, 2003 again in Austin and in 2004 in Houston at Rice.  Basketball went to post season in 2000.  Know for a fact that this is right because I was at all 4 tournaments.[/quote]

It was difficult to find the information on the Lamar web site, so I apologize for the incorrect information. I went to the page regarding 'tradition' and only championships were listed. Perhaps they should list NCAA appearances there - would make it more helpful.

2004 was the last appearance? I guess the fans here are right when they've informed us all that SHSU and TXST have surpassed the Cards. I want you guys to turn it around, but with the annual weak SOS, you guys don't really help the league RPI, which has continued to head in a positive direction. We've got to look to a squad like SLU to lift it.

[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=60758.msg685888#msg685888 date=1256502768]Also who the heck are you that you have all your little contacts at every school.  I talked to not just anyone but an assistant AD whom I know for sure has his facts correct.  Why not spend more time putting out positive facts about SHSU and quit trying to down our programs.  Better yet get a life...Why do you care who is on our non conference shedule.  We play who we play....[/quote]

I am a voter in two of the three major FCS polls and talk quite frequently with people at all the different schools, as well as several of the national writers who cover this level better than anyone.

I am interested in FCS as a whole and follow it like a hawk, while everyone else is keeping tabs on the Cougars, Aggies, Red Raiders and Longhorns - I am more concerned with Mountaineers, Paladins, Spiders and Grizzlies. Can you name which schools I am referring to? All four have been FCS powers over the years...

On that note, I have contacted Georgia State. It has been awhile and figured it was time for a follow-up - since it's apparent that they have still not listed Lamar on their web site.

[/quote]

Apology accepted.

I do not care who which schools those are if they do not play Lamar, because I am a Lamar alum and also the parent of a LU alum and a student.  Obviously you are someone who does care and follow a lot of teams.  Goody Goody for you...But one thing I know is that we can debate SOS, RPI, FCS and anything else but I have found that through all my years of following sports that we fans can BS all we want but what really matters is what happens on the field, court, pool, track or any other venue.  We will see what happens.

Personally about GSU.  Who really gives a rats %$#*&...When it gets posted it gets posted.  That is 12 months away and there is a lot more to worry about than whether trying to prove if you are right or the LU fans are correct.  We will worry about it when the time comes to buy a ticket to the game......

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="688363" timestamp="1256712652"]Personally about GSU.  Who really gives a rats %$#*&...When it gets posted it gets posted.  That is 12 months away and there is a lot more to worry about than whether trying to prove if you are right or the LU fans are correct.  We will worry about it when the time comes to buy a ticket to the game......[/quote]

As TWO Southland schools have learned in the last year, you can easily get burned really late in the game with scheduling for football. Two SLC schools had other schools drop without advanced warning from their schedules (in fact - in one case, said SWAC school did not even contact the SLC school, which learned by seeing a schedule release on that school's site).

You can't assume anything and if one school does not list the other, it definitely raises some eyebrows. If the matter does not get wrapped up shortly (if it has not already and we are led to believe it has not due to GSU's web site), Lamar may want to start looking for an 11th game from a different foe.

Had dinner with my son at Lamar last night and how exciting is it to have football coming back next year. Is Lamar growing or what? Good place to send a kid to attend school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43