*West Brook vs. Baytown Lee/West Brook wins 45-0!/Comments

Here is the scoring summary according to the Chronicle:

Scoring summary

BWB -- Bruce Reyes 6-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 0:50, 1st.

BWB -- Jeremy Cooper 15-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 7:42, 2nd.

BWB -- Jacoby Cunigan 72-yard pass from Bruce Reyes (Dominick O'Neal kick), 2:38, 2nd.

BWB -- Dominick O'Neal 25-yard field goal, 7:06, 3rd.

BWB -- Josh Wilson 69-yard punt return (Dominick O'Neal kick), 5:07, 3rd.

BWB -- Dylan Harvey 4-yard pass from Bruce Reyes (Dominick O'Neal kick), 1:39, 3rd.

BWB -- Percy Johnson 1-yard run (Dominick O'Neal kick), 2:06, 4th.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook Baytown Lee

Total yards 398 174

First downs 21 8

Rushes/Yds 45/190 27/166

Average rush 4.22 6.15

Comp/Atts 16/17/0 6/10/2

Pass yards 208 8

Comp pct 94.12 60

Punts 0 2

Punting Yards 0 64

Punting Average 0 32

Fumbles/Lost 5/2 5/3

Penalties-yards 7-75 2-11

Looks like Lee ran the ball well.  Reyes was 16 of 17!    Wow

After seeing the boys play tonight, scooter....next weeks game is gonna be a good one. The Bruins might have something for them Titans. This is the best our boys have looked all year, and seem to be getting better each week. I think we're coming together at the right time. Granted, Lee doesn't appear to be very good this year, but WB looked pretty good, regardless. Defense was stellar tonight, and it looks like we've finally got some potential stars coming to the top on offense. Cooper looked good again tonight, as did Reyes. We're starting to play 4 quarter football.

After seeing the boys play tonight, scooter....next weeks game is gonna be a good one. The Bruins might have something for them Titans. This is the best our boys have looked all year, and seem to be getting better each week. I think we're coming together at the right time. Granted, Lee doesn't appear to be very good this year, but WB looked pretty good, regardless. Defense was stellar tonight, and it looks like we've finally got some potential stars coming to the top on offense. Cooper looked good again tonight, as did Reyes. We're starting to play 4 quarter football.

glad the game is for the district title or a share of it

Saw them firsthand!  They are getting better each week.  Reyes is showing patience.  Showing he can make to good throw instead of running the ball.  Showed that Cooper is getting mor confident running the ball.  Shows that Brook, offensive line is pass blocking better.  Their receivers were making some good catches.  The Memorial/Brook game will be interesting...  Congrads, Brook.

The Lee quarterback can't really pass the ball that well.

He's not very fast either.

He has a nice arm, but he can only throw it to a pre-determined spot on the field that they have worked on in practice all week.  He can't actually make any reads or pick another receiver or anything along those lines.

I think coach is slow on reversing his decisions sometimes.

He'd be better off to just go with the freshman and let him make his mistakes and learn from them, because the freshman is immensely more naturally gifted.

Lee has a big, talented o line.  However they had two players on the line playing both ways.  Can't do that very well and compete in 5A.  Next year in 4A they will obviously be better.  T

he bad news for WB is that unless Sterling pulls off some wins and Lee loses out, the Bruins will go big school.

Nice win, no injuries.  Thursday games are great if you win.

Lee's QB was running scared.  He had plays where he could have gotten big yardage, but he was tiptoing through the line.  There was instances when Lee did the bubble screen passes.  They had big yardage on them, but some of the Lee receivers didn't block anyone. I cannot believe this Lee team put up a lot of points in the rain last week.  I wasn't impressed.  Or maybe I'm too hard.  Maybe Brook's D came to play.  they have pitched two straight shutouts in  row...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats