*Nederland vs. #19 Central/Central wins 35-14/comments

Nederland didn't win an out right district title, they did tie for a couple, I think one was 1999 with the lose coming at PNG? and in 2004 with a 3 point lose at Ozen. Michael you always go back to 2004 and say we started losing then, We tied for the District Title, lost to a good Jacksonville team in the 2nd round by 3, and didn't lose a game all year by more than 3, 4 loses by 11 total points.

Our offense was #1 in district and our defense was #1 in district.  

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know 04, I was there. I just felt like that after 03 the intensity of the Dogs overall started to slide downward. I started going bulldog crazy in 96, and I made virtually every game after. I know the 04 team was good but the defense struggled as a team. There were a couple of really good individuals but collectively it just was not the same, it takes 11 players not 1-2. I'm absolutely certain you will disagree but I remember what I saw and I stand by it. I know we had 2-3 great players that year but they were carrying the team. If I'm thinking right that was the year that we went to SHSU and let an undisciplined sandlot Jacksonville offense run all over us.

Anyway, regardless of what anyone thinks there is no one that loves the Dogs more than me and wants to see them succeed more than me nor believes in them more than me. I am their advocate I'm just tired of watching it get progressively worse every year. Someone is going to have to stop making excuses and take charge and turn it around or we are Eventually going to get to watch our boys enjoy a winless season(s).

But, the question is: will changes be made so this won't happen?  What say anyone?

Yeah I know 04, I was there. I just felt like that after 03 the intensity of the Dogs overall started to slide downward. I started going bulldog crazy in 96, and I made virtually every game after. I know the 04 team was good but the defense struggled as a team. There were a couple of really good individuals but collectively it just was not the same, it takes 11 players not 1-2. I'm absolutely certain you will disagree but I remember what I saw and I stand by it. I know we had 2-3 great players that year but they were carrying the team. If I'm thinking right that was the year that we went to SHSU and let an undisciplined sandlot Jacksonville offense run all over us.

Anyway, regardless of what anyone thinks there is no one that loves the Dogs more than me and wants to see them succeed more than me nor believes in them more than me. I am their advocate I'm just tired of watching it get progressively worse every year. Someone is going to have to stop making excuses and take charge and turn it around or we are Eventually going to get to watch our boys enjoy a winless season(s).

How about the Bulldogs just played a superior team?  How about the injury bug hit you guys at the wrong time?  Yall looked poised to do big things if Bellow would have been injury free.  Every team goes through these times.  Just stand by your boys through thick and thin.  Things will look up for Nederland.

How about the Bulldogs just played a superior team?  How about the injury bug hit you guys at the wrong time?  Yall looked poised to do big things if Bellow would have been injury free.  Every team goes through these times.  Just stand by your boys through thick and thin.  Things will look up for Nederland.

Agreed Soulja, the better team won tonight.  Smitty, what changes are you looking for? 

How about the Bulldogs just played a superior team?  How about the injury bug hit you guys at the wrong time?  Yall looked poised to do big things if Bellow would have been injury free.  Every team goes through these times.  Just stand by your boys through thick and thin.  Things will look up for Nederland.

I agree Soulja. The QB switches were surprising to me. When I got to the game #2 was the signal caller. Big kid with a pretty good arm. He made decent decisions also. They pulled him after the first score. And throughout the game, switched him with #1. I wonder if this hurts that offense a little. The Dogs have pretty good athletes on offense. I think they'll be back, just a system on it's down times.

Thanks Soulja. I never look down. It's just a football game. It doesn't define who I am.

No team can start off turning the ball over and going down by 14 in the first few minutes of a game and expect to win. It's like the writing on the wall. Nederland battles vey well, we are just susceptible to the big play and it's killing us. Turnovers and big plays equals the final score of this game.

Of course, to make big plays, you have to have the playmakers, and Central seems to have them. Good luck.

My thoughts on this are well known.  I'm curious what other people think.  What do think?  Make changes or stay the course?

PS - What was the total yardage given up by Nederland last night?  Just curious.

Agreed Soulja, the better team won tonight.  Smitty, what changes are you looking for? 

My thoughts on this are well known.  I'm curious what other people think.  What do think?  Make changes or stay the course?

PS - What was the total yardage given up by Nederland last night?  Just curious.

Hard to say. Nederland have been sucessful under this system, but sometimes a change is in order. Seems that change helped PNG and Central. Just not our call. Although I think Nederland need to take a close look at the direction the program is going in. I know i can't say. Good luck dogs on the rest of your season

Forney looked Good at QB!  I didn't expect Big Man to come in and make some good throws.  He also have enough speed and agility to avoid defenders.  I think he may be a pretty Good QB as well as a Linemen on defense.  

It's not Nederland that is susceptible to the big play.  We have been breaking big plays against most of the teams we played.  Just stick together. Yall have a hell of a coach.  nederland will get back to their normal ways.

Soulja I like how you think. All BS aside, I think a Few of things need to happen. First obviously we need to shake the injury bug. Second someone driving the ship has got to find a way to get the kids motivated, I mean really motivated again, Nederland was good when they Ate and slept football, we don't have the raw talent to live football 4 months a year and succeed. This has been a downhill spiral and regardless of injuries I don't think we were going anywhere this year. If they can get the kids in real football shape and get them hungry, really hungry, eating and sleeping football again we will be back, 

Central gained 415 total yards.  396 on the ground.  I've alway said it's not the players that's the problem.  Neumann's either going to make a change or he's not.  It'd totally up to him.  We shall see.

Hey Smitty, we gave up around 400 yards (I'm guessing). I say its a cycle, stay the course.What say you?  Just curious?

I'm interested also.  When did Neumann win the district championship?  This is your shot to teach us.

Thank you Central for letting up. This game could have easily been a 70 point night for Central. Dismal does not even begin to describe the state of affairs in Nederland. This program Has been spiraling down for 5 years and thankfully does not have much further to go to hit rock bottom. Injuries are not the problem either. I hate it for the kids that have been waiting to be Bulldogs all their life.

Your crazy.  Where were you when Neumann was winning district championships every year.  This is just one down year becuase of too many injured players.  The Dogs will still make the playoffs this year.  We already played the best 3 teams in the district.

uh,, okay.

Guest Brubaker

Central gained 415 total yards.  396 on the ground.  I've alway said it's not the players that's the problem.  Neumann's either going to make a change or he's not.  It'd totally up to him.  We shall see.

Hey Smitty, we gave up around 400 yards (I'm guessing). I say its a cycle, stay the course.What say you?  Just curious?

You'll have to run Neumann out of town before that happens, these guys have been through thick and thin together, they're as thick as thieves.  Either Neumann is right or wrong, we'll know in a couple of years, Nederland has some very talented groups coming through.  I'm reserving judgement until next year.  I know that group is loaded with talent, if they don't get it done with these groups, then I'll admit you were right Smitty.  But, I have a strong feeling you won't have much to talk about along these lines over the next 3-4 years?

Actually, Bru, I hope you are right, for the kids sake.  But you know my thoughts.  Only time will tell.  But if it's like I think, then Neumann will obviously have to live with the outcome 3-4 years down the road.  But along the way, we'll have something, one way or the other, to discuss.

Central gained 415 total yards.  396 on the ground.  I've alway said it's not the players that's the problem.  Neumann's either going to make a change or he's not.  It'd totally up to him.  We shall see.

Hey Smitty, we gave up around 400 yards (I'm guessing). I say its a cycle, stay the course.What say you?  Just curious?

You'll have to run Neumann out of town before that happens, these guys have been through thick and thin together, they're as thick as thieves.  Either Neumann is right or wrong, we'll know in a couple of years, Nederland has some very talented groups coming through.  I'm reserving judgement until next year.  I know that group is loaded with talent, if they don't get it done with these groups, then I'll admit you were right Smitty.  But, I have a strong feeling you won't have much to talk about along these lines over the next 3-4 years?

The coaches do what works for my Jags.. Everyone says we are one diminsional when our QB has had two 100 plus yrd games and one he just missed that mark.  I am not sure what the coach is doing because he has add a wrinkle to the offense every week.  The last few games he has put in more run packages.  I don't know the direction but I don't believe Central is a diminsional team (they take wht you give them)... It can do more than run, but if it works why change it...  They were eating Ned up on the ground.. No need to put it in the air. 

The coaches do what works for my Jags.. Everyone says we are one diminsional when our QB has had two 100 plus yrd games and one he just missed that mark.  I am not sure what the coach is doing because he has add a wrinkle to the offense every week.  The last few games he has put in more run packages.  I don't know the direction but I don't believe Central is a diminsional team (they take wht you give them)... It can do more than run, but if it works why change it...  They were eating Ned up on the ground.. No need to put it in the air. 

Well said, Short!

costly fumbles early in the game and we can't tackle, or close off the running around the ends.  I knew it was going to be a long night when its 14-0 in the first, but we seemed to get the offense on track in the 2nd and 3rd qtr.

costly fumbles early in the game and we can't tackle, or close off the running around the ends.  I knew it was going to be a long night when its 14-0 in the first, but we seemed to get the offense on track in the 2nd and 3rd qtr.

keep that thought for Livington, Central and Nederland game is over! ;) ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo