Silsbee @ Orangefield Broadcast & Update Thread/Silsbee Wins 56-20/Comments

The Silsbee defense, what more can you say about them. OF came in tonight averaging over 400 yds. per district game. Silsbee D held the OF O to 87 first half yards and around 240 for the whole game. OF had one drive in the second half that was 17 plays long and ended at the one foot line. OF defense had no answer for the Silsbee offense. The Silsbee offense sputtered in the first half with three straight turnovers but still had a 22 point lead at half. In the second half Silsbee scored every time we touched the ball. One was right after the big Silsbee D stopped OF on the one foot line on fourth down. Silsbee then ripped of a 99 yard, nine play drive for a TD. Good job Tigers, clean up those turnovers. Go Tigers!!!

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="STiger85" post="684738" timestamp="1256360120"]
The Silsbee defense, what more can you say about them. OF came in tonight averaging over 400 yds. per district game. Silsbee D held the OF O to 87 first half yards and around 240 for the whole game. Like 169 rushing and 39 passing.  OF had one drive in the second half that was 17 plays long and ended at the one foot line. OF defense had no answer for the Silsbee offense. The Silsbee offense sputtered in the first half with three straight turnovers but still had a 22 point lead at half. In the second half Silsbee scored every time we touched the ball. One was right after the big Silsbee D stopped OF on the one foot line on fourth down. Silsbee then ripped of a 99 yard, nine play drive for a TD. Good job Tigers, clean up those turnovers. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

I think your 240 total is generous, I think it was more like 200 to 205.  I left in the 4th quarter and OF scored after we left, I assume that we did not have all the starters on D at this point.  Only allowed two touchdowns on D and one of theirs was due to the screen interception.  Great job Tigers.

[quote name="Silsbee88" post="684758" timestamp="1256361037"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=61213.msg684738#msg684738 date=1256360120]
The Silsbee defense, what more can you say about them. OF came in tonight averaging over 400 yds. per district game. Silsbee D held the OF O to 87 first half yards and around 240 for the whole game. Like 169 rushing and 39 passing.  OF had one drive in the second half that was 17 plays long and ended at the one foot line. OF defense had no answer for the Silsbee offense. The Silsbee offense sputtered in the first half with three straight turnovers but still had a 22 point lead at half. In the second half Silsbee scored every time we touched the ball. One was right after the big Silsbee D stopped OF on the one foot line on fourth down. Silsbee then ripped of a 99 yard, nine play drive for a TD. Good job Tigers, clean up those turnovers. Go Tigers!!!
[/quote]

I think your 240 total is generous, I think it was more like 200 to 205.  I left in the 4th quarter and OF scored after we left, I assume that we did not have all the starters on D at this point.  Only allowed two touchdowns on D and one of theirs was due to the screen interception.  Great job Tigers.
[/quote]

Close quarters at the top of the press box tonight. No room to keep accurate stats, we just kinda jotted down numbers in a round about way. Silsbee had close to 400 yards and OF had 205 to 240. Someone will have closer numbers.

from the Orange Leader

OF Sils

First downs 15 16

Rushes-yards 55-168 31-267

Passing 37 101

Comp-Att-Int 2-8-1 5-10-2

Fumbles-Lost 5-3 5-1

Penalties-Yards 1-5 10-82

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Orangefield, Corey Huckabay 18-45, Derrick Evans 6-39, David Burton 9-33, Evan Guidry 13-26, Jacob Nunez 5-18, Josh Shores 3-5, Quinton Evans 1-2; Silsbee, Chris Barnes 12-158, Jeremy Johnson 12-87, Rahkeem Bolton 5-23, Kelson McDaniel 1-1, Karrington Stanford 1-(-3).

PASSING— Orangefield, Corey Huckabay 1-7-1 27, Jacob Nunez 1-1-0 10; Silsbee, Jeremy Johnson 5-10-2 101.

RECEIVING—Orangefield, Quinton Evans 1-27, David Burton 1-10; Silsbee, Kelson McDaniel 2-50, Darian Tuck 2-29, Prentice Lane 1-22.

AAW...I was wrong.  I thought is was going to be a tight one.  It was nice to watch a game in the 4th knowing the team had the win. 

Congrats Silsbee!  I didn't like the start, but loved the ending!

Hang in there Orangefield.....There were some bright spots in the game that you can build from.  I like what yall have going on over there.  It will take time but it will come.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats