BO Got Fired Today........wow!

Week1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From RCS Sports, per Jim Hicks:

Just when I thought this would be a thin week of news, it truckload of dirt hits the ground.  Where do I start first???
With all the drama surrounding Lutheran North and the influx of transfers being declared ineligible, the grease hit the skillet on yesterday when head coach Walter Yates Jr was terminated.  Yep, I said the same thing, WOW!  Walt and his wife were married a couple months ago, and are expecting their first child together.  I have spoken with Walt Jr, and I wish to honor his family's request for privacy at this time.  Since I have a pre existing relationship with the family (meaning, I knew them before RCS Sports came into existence), I will do my best to oblige.  But before rumors get out of hand, I will share a couple of facts.  Lawsuit has been filed on behalf of the kids who have been deemed ineligible, and the school discovered that Walt Jr's name was included in the lawsuit.  Come to find out, Walt had no idea his name was in that lawsuit.  This is a serious legal matter in which Lutheran North administration had no choice but to severe ties with their coach.  Also, Lutheran North's non district schedule has been scrapped.  So if you have a scheduled non district game against them, you might want to verify with the administration.

[quote name="bullets13" post="687701" timestamp="1256664696"]
there's got to be more than that... he was named in a lawsuit, so they fired him?  i hope if something ever happens to me at my school and i get sued, i get more support from my school than he got.
[/quote]

I agree bullets, I am sure there is more to it. Jim is just protecting his friend Walter. Lutheran North wouldn't make the fire knowing they may face a lawsuit from their former employee. Obviously there are other issues.

[b]Also, Lutheran North's non district schedule has been scrapped.  So if you have a scheduled non district game against them, you might want to verify with the administration.[/b]

Well, no YMBL tourney for these guys. I was really looking forward to seeing this team and it's coach on the court. Oh well. ::)