• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachacola
[quote name="UNLV" post="690991" timestamp="1256944429"]
[quote author=LU4LIFE link=topic=61588.msg690987#msg690987 date=1256943078]
Do you think it will grow every year
[/quote]Only if LU announce an expanded stadium and FBS, other-wise it drops.
[/quote]

FBS football is coming this way.  UTSA and Texas State have already announced their intentions.  As Terror posted yesterday, SHSU is officially looking into it.  You know Lamar wouldn't spend $26 million on stadium renovations and have Dr. Simmons casually mention the stadium can be easily expanded to 36K if they planned on staying FCS.  Who knows what SFA will do but they already have the second largest athletic budget behind Texas State.

Also, if LU stays FCS then no Sun Belt, WAC or C-USA teams will come to Beaumont in football.  Lamar could easily draw 25K+ for a game against someone like UH, Tulsa, La Tech or S. Miss.  As a FBS team LU would get more money from playing a Big 12 team on the road than as a FCS team.  LU will soon spend $5 million to renovate Vincent-Beck and they still need to build a softball field.  After that I bet the Montagne Center gets renovated.  At that point Lamar will be ready to expand the football stadium and go FBS.

[quote name="BigRed44" post="691255" timestamp="1256952618"]
why do you think its taking so long to just get an stadium design? My theory is that they were starting small but have decided to go ahead and put in more seats..hence the delay in laying the turf..but this is a just my guess. I definitely think we are going FBS.
[/quote]

My source says that the turf is not down because Hellas pulled majority of crew off the job to go do another one....Said will not be done with LU until April.

Guest coachacola
What I've read is that they are looking for $5 million in donations to renovate Vincent-Beck in 2012.  I guess that could changed based on how fast the donations come in.

My guess on first yr attendance would be they would average north of 17k.  If they win 3 or more home games, and have a good recruiting year, they would stay on pace with that the next year.  However, they are going to have to bring in some decent opponents beside the SLC teams for the future to keep the  attendance up and of course, win some games.  La Tech and USL (ULL) would be 2 really good draws along with say UH or Rice or Tulsa or So Miss.  UAB might be a good name draw.  Dream big boys and make it happen!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="694343" timestamp="1257174827"]
My guess on first yr attendance would be they would average north of 17k.  If they win 3 or more home games, and have a good recruiting year, they would stay on pace with that the next year.  However, they are going to have to bring in some decent opponents beside the SLC teams for the future to keep the  attendance up and of course, win some games.  La Tech and USL (ULL) would be 2 really good draws along with say UH or Rice or Tulsa or So Miss.  UAB might be a good name draw.  Dream big boys and make it happen!
[/quote]

None of those schools would visit an FCS school.

Against C-USA and SBC by-laws...some of you have much to learn re: football!  :D

Guest coachacola
[quote name="TexasTerror" post="694405" timestamp="1257178622"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=61588.msg694343#msg694343 date=1257174827]
[/quote]

Against C-USA and SBC by-laws...some of you have much to learn re: football!  :D
[/quote]

Where did he say that Lamar needs to stay a FCS school in the future?

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="694343" timestamp="1257174827"]
My guess on first yr attendance would be they would average north of 17k.  If they win 3 or more home games, and have a good recruiting year, they would stay on pace with that the next year.  However, they are going to have to bring in some decent opponents beside the SLC teams for the future to keep the  attendance up and of course, win some games.  La Tech and USL (ULL) would be 2 really good draws along with say UH or Rice or Tulsa or So Miss.  UAB might be a good name draw.  Dream big boys and make it happen!
[/quote]

Yea I think that LAMAR will for sure see 17K+ there first season then if they play well then that number will grow. And i also think that recruiting will be easier next year because they will have the stadium done they will have a team that is on the feild, and they will not have to sit out a whole season like this recruiting class.

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=61588.msg694343#msg694343 date=1257174827]
[/quote]

You are a pompous *ss!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

definitely

[quote name="coachacola" post="692600" timestamp="1257017936"]
What I've read is that they are looking for $5 million in donations to renovate Vincent-Beck in 2012.  I guess that could changed based on how fast the donations come in.
[/quote]

Funny I am on Cardinal Club baseball committee and I have not heard about raising 5mil for renovations that would be awesome if it is true.  There is a lot that needs to be done and that would be great.  Of course they have been talking about this since my oldest was playing there.  I know part of the wish list is to cover stands.  Put more seat backs in, finish pouring concrete under stands.  Totally renovate batting cages, renovate bathrooms and new concession.  concrete the picnic area, among the few things on the wish list.  Also they want to finish the outfield with synthetic turf which would probably be around $900,000 alone.  So I guess that all of that could add up.  I know it would be nice to get a new concrete stadium seating with new press box and suites.  Interesting to find out exactly what G has in mind.  guess I will have to ask him...Anybody know someone willing to donate that kind of money.  We have Vincent Beck stadium but I guess they could name the field after them.  lol...  I saw the lockers that are going in the clubhouse they are major league....

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="695499" timestamp="1257238013"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=61588.msg692600#msg692600 date=1257017936]
What I've read is that they are looking for $5 million in donations to renovate Vincent-Beck in 2012.  I guess that could changed based on how fast the donations come in.
[/quote]

Funny I am on Cardinal Club baseball committee and I have not heard about raising 5mil for renovations that would be awesome if it is true.  There is a lot that needs to be done and that would be great.  Of course they have been talking about this since my oldest was playing there.  I know part of the wish list is to cover stands.  Put more seat backs in, finish pouring concrete under stands.  Totally renovate batting cages, renovate bathrooms and new concession.  concrete the picnic area, among the few things on the wish list.  Also they want to finish the outfield with synthetic turf which would probably be around $900,000 alone.  So I guess that all of that could add up.  I know it would be nice to get a new concrete stadium seating with new press box and suites.  Interesting to find out exactly what G has in mind.  guess I will have to ask him...Anybody know someone willing to donate that kind of money.  We have Vincent Beck stadium but I guess they could name the field after them.  lol...  I saw the lockers that are going in the clubhouse they are major league....
[/quote]

This link will show you future renovations for LAMAR and the cost of the projects.

http://www.tsus.edu/about-system/division/CIP%20Summary%202008-2013%20-%20Approved%20Projects%20by%20Institution%20(for%20website).pdf?bidid=72974

[quote name="coachacola" post="692600" timestamp="1257017936"]
[/quote]
5 million....can you guys ask for 6 million(I just want one).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4