Attendance Predictions For Future Lamar Football

LU4LIFE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="701758" timestamp="1257708566"]Wait TT Terror.  Just a few days ago you were all.  MOVING UP to FBS and blah, blah, blah,  and now that there are 2100 fans at the last game and you are singing a different tune.....[/quote]

I've been consistent.

If our rivals or the SLC go to FBS, so should we. We always tag along with SFA and TXST. If our rivals do not and there continues to be no seat at the table for non-BCS conferences, there's no reason to move.

This study will paint a picture of ourselves. Tell us what to do to go FBS. Tell us what to do in order to be a better FCS.

One thing is certain, our academics are up to snuff in the athletic department for an FBS move, if that's the way we go. We've had a consistent staff in place, no general studies major nor the need of others to take classes for our student-athletes.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="701761" timestamp="1257709235"]
[quote author=LU Baseball Fan link=topic=61588.msg701758#msg701758 date=1257708566]Wait TT Terror.  Just a few days ago you were all.  MOVING UP to FBS and blah, blah, blah,  and now that there are 2100 fans at the last game and you are singing a different tune.....[/quote]

I've been consistent.

If our rivals or the SLC go to FBS, so should we. We always tag along with SFA and TXST. If our rivals do not and there continues to be no seat at the table for non-BCS conferences, there's no reason to move.

This study will paint a picture of ourselves. Tell us what to do to go FBS. Tell us what to do in order to be a better FCS.

One thing is certain, our academics are up to snuff in the athletic department for an FBS move, if that's the way we go. We've had a consistent staff in place, no general studies major nor the need of others to take classes for our student-athletes.
[/quote]Sounds like SHSU...a Follower. Lets SFA and TX st leads SHSU around. Monkey see, monkey do university.

Let me rain on your parade. If a FBS takes TX st, it doesn't mean they will take SHSU. Unless the plan for SHSU is to go FBS independent....with 2100 fans...lol.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="702134" timestamp="1257735911"]In spite of all your weak minded defense attempts, you cannot defend 2,100 at the game.  Absolutely pathetic for your "so called superior instituiton" of higher learning. ;)
[/quote]

How is it so-called when every rating system of higher education that matters has SHSU > Lamar? As I've told you SETX blokes, there has never been any mention of LU in the 'flagship battle' within the TSUS and when the system looked as if TXST would become flagship, only SHSU put up a fight while the Orange, Beaumont and Tech crew sat on their bumpkins!

Guest coachacola
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="702362" timestamp="1257772388"]
I thought this was a discussion of football attendance (or lack of in Sam's case) not whose academics are better.

TT still avoiding the issue and trying his best to divert. ;)
[/quote]

I think TT is just upset because (1) his football team sucks, (2) his basketball team will start strong and fade at the end when it really matters (like it always does), (3) UTSA and Texas State (and probably LU) will go FBS while SHSU will barely draw 5K to their games, (4) SHSU is stuck in the middle of nowhere so it will always have a hard time building up a fan base, (5) academically SHSU is about the same as the rest of the Texas schools in the SLC, and finally (6) no matter what forum he visits he alienates everyone.

See, the thing is, I addressed the topic. Let's do this again for those Cardinal fans who can neither read or spell (still befuddled over the t-shirt issue, but hey - someone's not double-checking in Cardinal Camp)

1) SHSU has typically averaged about 8500-9500 per season for the last 4-5 years. This year has been rough between weather and the attitude towards the coaching staff.

2) Average attendance was going to be a sore subject this year. Since UCA joined the conference, this is the second time (2007 the other) in which we had BOTH the games against SFA and TXST on the road. Those two games, plus McNeese, are our better draws. In 2007, we had the excitement of Rhett Bomar and people were still not turning their back on the coaching staff. Good weather too. Having NWST, Nicholls and UCA as the home offerings does nothing for us compared to SFA, TXST and McNeese.

As far as academics...

1) Lamar fans have never yet proved to me that they were even in the flagship mix. A 2005 flagship study submitted to the TSUS did not include Lamar - just TXST and SHSU.

2) Lamar took two years after SHSU to protect their names. SHSU was proactive in the fight against the SWT name change and again proactive in protecting their names. Like is the case with everything else in the TSUS, there are a bunch of followers. Lamar was the follower in this case. Perhaps it was the concerns presented to the TSUS board by SHSU's President about remarks he heard from former Chancellor Lamar Urbanowsky that got LU off their keester!

Relating to FBS...

1) Stated it time and time again - I do not want to go FBS unless our rivals go (since we do not want to be associated with the LSC bunch) or we have a 'seat' at the table (which the C-USA, Sun Belt, WAC, MWC, MAC do not).

2) I am fine with FCS. This is the purest form of football with a legitimate playoff system. I vote in two top 25 polls, for the Payton, Buchanon and Robinson awards. I enjoy keeping tabs on Montana, Richmond, etc. more than I do an FBS system that already has the national title game figured out (SEC champion vs Texas) while obstructing the TCUs and Boise States.

As far as basketball...

1) There's an obvious jealousy by Cards. Lamar has done what lately? The Bearkats have finished in the top 3 of the Southland Conference Standings 6 of the last 7 seasons

2) Lamar is down on their team. The fans do not seem too optimistic. Athlon Sports, Blue Ribbon Magazine, Rivals.com, RushTheCourt.com and the Southland Conference head coaches' poll have predicted that the Bearkats will win the Southland Conference West Division again this season.

3) How many 20 win seasons for the Cards over the last few years? The Bearkats have won 20 or more games in 5 of the last 10 seasons

What part of 2100 do you not understand. Lamar will have more fans at the MBB than you had at your last football game.
Enough said. Nobody cares about SHSU success within the SLC. What counts is after winning the SLC. HUH WHAT, SHSU
is 0-1 in the NCAA tourney. Very impressive to nobody. 2100 is about the number of fans at a 2A high school game.

Guest coachacola
For comparison, here's attendance figures for the SLC teams so far this year:

McNeese State 13,858
Texas State 12,841
SFA 11,688
Central Arkansas 9,437
Northwestern State 7,431
SHSU 5,880
Nicholls State 5,792
SELA 5,281

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

Guest coachacola
Here's how the Sun Belt is doing this year:

22,766 ULL
21,896 Middle Tennessee
19,923 Arkansas State
18, 857 Troy
17,145 North Texas
16,021 WKU
15,286 FAU
13,773 ULM
9,909 FIU 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="702362" timestamp="1257772388"]
I thought this was a discussion of football attendance (or lack of in Sam's case) not whose academics are better.

TT still avoiding the issue and trying his best to divert. ;)
[/quote]

Yea this a sports discussion I don't know why TT keeps talking about academics.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="702483" timestamp="1257783522"]

1) There's an obvious jealousy by Cards. Lamar has done what lately? The Bearkats have finished in the top 3 of the Southland Conference Standings 6 of the last 7 seasons

2) Lamar is down on their team. The fans do not seem too optimistic. Athlon Sports, Blue Ribbon Magazine, Rivals.com, RushTheCourt.com and the Southland Conference head coaches' poll have predicted that the Bearkats will win the Southland Conference West Division again this season.

[/quote]

TT THERE IS NO JEALOUSY BY ANY CARDS TO SHSU!!!

[/quote]

You mean to tell me not one of your athletes is a General Studies Major.  I do not know who the hell you think you are by inferring that other schools have someone take classes for their student athletes.  You are an ass  and that is a big allegation.....

Guest coachacola
Since Mobile already hosts several bowl games a year they should do well.  I noticed that North Texas has a new website up for their new stadium.  Lamar should do something like this:

http://www.unt.edu/stadium/index.htm?DB_OEM_ID=1800

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats