Custer works way in to LU playing rotation

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
[quote]The first player off the bench for the Lamar University men's basketball team tonight might be a 6-foot-11 center who could not jump high enough to put down a two-handed dunk less than two years ago.

Much has changed since then for junior Coy Custer, once a coaching project if there ever was one. Custer finished his redshirt freshman season in 2008 looking a biscuit shy of 300 pounds.

So pay attention to Custer's trimmed physique when he steps on the floor early in the first half of LU's season-opening game against Huston-Tillotson tonight at the Montagne Center.[/quote]

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/custer_works_way_in_to_lu_playing_rotation.html

Guest coachacola
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="705852" timestamp="1258123999"]
So I guess this means that Nwevo is starting? :-\ :-\ :-\

Surely we have a better option!!!
[/quote]

I like Nwevo starting at post.  This year's combo of Nwevo/Custer will be a lot better than last year's combo of Worrell/Custer.  And if Brown and/or Wesley are able to contribute then Roc will have a lot of depth inside.

Guest coachacola
Nwevo has improved every year he played.  He got hurt half-way thru his 3rd year so he barely played at the end of that season.  That was the year LU went 13-3 in conference but faded at the end because Barrow and Nwevo got injured.  I'm not saying Nwevo is a great player but he'll give the team a good solid 15-20 minutes at the post position. 

Worrell was injured a lot last year, so was Custer, that's why this year's Nwevo/Custer combo will be better than last year's Worrell/Custer combo (assuming that they stay healthy this year).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43