Football ticket prices

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
I heard ticket prices for LU football games next year will be priced $12, $35 and $50.  I guess until they release a seating chart we won't know where you can seat for those prices.  Has anyone else heard anything?

A high school game costs 5-6 bucks. Lamar getting back into football is not like going to see the Longhorns or Aggies play. I really hope the braintrust at Lamar doesn't get too greedy and price the average fan out of the stadium. This is still a down economy. Folks don't have the extra money to spend, especially if the prices are over-inflated and your are not getting much value for the $.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="715701" timestamp="1258920482"]
There still will be PSL's for season tickets. Heard they would be $1,000.
[/quote]

I certainly hope they aren't actually considering this.  I've been looking forward to buying season tickets since the program was reinstated, but if they actually want PSL money, I won't be buying. 

Guys, I was at the last Lamar - SHSU game when I was a kid. I recently moved back to the area and am planning to support Lamar at every game save the one against my beloved Bearkats. Its been a while since we've had football and it aint gona be cheap to bring it back. Tickets for games at Sam Houston are $50 for season general admission tichets. $25 a seat Reserved per game and $15 General Admission per game. All the schollies have to be paid, equipment, salaries, etc. Plus if they are looking long term at going D-1 or D1 FBS or whatever they are calling it this week then they are going to have to raise a ton of cash.

[quote name="shovelhead" post="715908" timestamp="1258940824"]
A high school game costs 5-6 bucks. Lamar getting back into football is not like going to see the Longhorns or Aggies play. [b]I really hope the braintrust at Lamar doesn't get too greedy and price the average fan out of the stadium[/b]. This is still a down economy. Folks don't have the extra money to spend, especially if the prices are over-inflated and your are not getting much value for the $.
[/quote]

The [u][i]braintust[/i][/u] at Lamar is a great way to refer to the decision makers involved with the athletic department. It's almost comical to watch the "ideas" they have unfold and/or blow up.

Don't get me wrong, I am REALLY pulling for Lamar to get their football program going and headed in the right direction. I am much afraid that the gradiose ideas might sink the ship before it sails. I still have a bitter taste from when they canned the football program and tried to sell the school as an elite basketball university. Like it or not, Lamar is in a blue-collar town. The fans want value for their money. An expensive, losing program wont fly here.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo