Weird Calls

no-look

Seen some strange ones this week.....I have the highest reguard for a good ref. There are some good ones out there that bring class and stability to the game but I guess a few are just learning..........team A fouls team B... team A thens geta a tech....after much discussion team B shoots the two shot tech and they play the one and one free throw. Shouldn't they shoot the one and one, then the tech and then get the ball?...........................team A and team B are scrambling for a loose ball, no one has possession(in front of team B bench) team B coach yells time out to ref. He is awarded the time out. ball still loose on the floor. After a discussion team B gets the ball and possession arrow is changed from team A to team B........chaos...lol

NO=LOOK.....VERY GOOD.....YOU ARE RIGHT IN BOTH CASES...first...if you have a foul followed by a tech....this is the order you  proceed.  if it is the 7th foul you would shootone and one....or two shots if it is a shooting foul ....or if it is a foul on a made basket then it would be one shot...followed ny two shots for thetech....after the two techs the ball is put in in the side across from the scorers table....

IN THE SECOND CASE........the official SHOULD NOT GRANT A TIMEOUT UNLESS THE BALL IS IN CONTROL OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER....

Would you be so kind to tell me which games these happened in,.....I need to know if they are part of our UIL CHAPTER or TASO.....

[quote name="OLDREF" post="716031" timestamp="1258951239"]
NO=LOOK.....VERY GOOD.....YOU ARE RIGHT IN BOTH CASES...first...if you have a foul followed by a tech....this is the order you  proceed.  if it is the 7th foul you would shootone and one....or two shots if it is a shooting foul ....or if it is a foul on a made basket then it would be one shot...followed ny two shots for thetech....after the two techs the ball is put in in the side across from the scorers table....

IN THE SECOND CASE........the official SHOULD NOT GRANT A TIMEOUT UNLESS THE BALL IS IN CONTROL OF ONE TEAM OR THE OTHER....

Would you be so kind to tell me which games these happened in,.....I need to know if they are part of our UIL CHAPTER or TASO.....
[/quote]Happened in the Lufkin area....game one was a girls game  and game two was a boys....two different sets of refs.....game two,I have seen those guys before and have called at our place and done a decent job.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4