Where Did Everybody Go?

Guest GCMPats

[quote name="injunfan21" post="723270" timestamp="1259892957"]
one loss on the year..and it will be to the same team that ends Dayton's season... I hope Dayton is put into our district next year!  And wish it was this year...Yall have had a great draw in Region III..enjoy it for another day..then it is over!!! Reality hits!
[/quote]

I'm sure you are really hoping this happens... if it does... it makes you feel a little better about losing to a team that wasn't even in the top #15 in the AP when you were ranked #5. You guys had a fantastic season but in all honesty were a little overRANKED not overrated but overranked... and you got caught off guard and in a phrase I've heard coach stewart use before... "didn't weather the storm" in the first half and it was too little too late in the second half. I think this happened to dayton in '06 against TC.

don't sweat it. I feel your pain. You strike me as a player or the parent of a player. I hope you or your kid has more years left to play 'cause it would be sad to stay this bitter after your/your kids last game. :'(

[quote name="LR1969" post="723456" timestamp="1259934181"]
I'm still here...Been hanging out in the college football forum a little...trying to push for the Frogs (ha). As for all of the discussion in this post; I wasn't surprised by a Brenham win over PN-G but that doesn't negate what the Indians accomplished this season. And, Central once again proved that us "experts" don't always know as much as we think we do.
As for 20-4A being weak this year. I won't include Central/PN-G in that mix but I will agree in regards to the rest of the district. It happens in every district from time to time, including 19-4A/24-4A.
As for Dayton; it's long past the time to talk about how far the Broncos can go or what they're capable of because they've proven that they are a team worthy of everyone's respect for the past decade. Brenham is a solid team and may very well take out the Broncos but anytime you play a team with the tradition that Dayton has, you run the risk of being "tripped" up. Win or lose, Dayton will still have the respect of everyone (even if they don't want to admit it). And, if Central continues its magic for another decade, we will be able to say the same thing about the Jags. That kind of respect is just not something you earn overnight.
I don't cover Dayton but good luck to you Broncos. And, I do welcome you back to 20-4A. You made things exciting and you made the district that much stronger. That's always welcome as far as I am concerned. I still have Kirbyville and Newton to follow (hopefully for another week) and then I will fade away into the sunset until football rears its head again next Fall. I Just can't get into high school basketball anymore. Just can't do it.
[/quote]Hey, that's what drives our boys every year.  We keep proving them wrong when they show us no respect.  That's what makes me proud to be a Jag fan!  ;D ;D

[quote name="injunfan21" post="723270" timestamp="1259892957"]
one loss on the year..and it will be to the same team that ends Dayton's season... I hope Dayton is put into our district next year!  And wish it was this year...Yall have had a great draw in Region III..enjoy it for another day..then it is over!!! Reality hits!
[/quote]
Talk about some unresolved issues...
Just goes to show you...
A state ranking going into the playoffs is useless if you have a bad game.
I don't think Dayton has ever had a 10-0 regular season under Stewart, but what Dayton coaches do is to make sure the team peaks in November and that has produced football games in December the last three years.

Good luck to my Indians next year.
I was really hoping Dayton and PN-G would meet this week.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="723482" timestamp="1259938896"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=63329.msg723270#msg723270 date=1259892957]
[/quote]
Talk about some unresolved issues...
Just goes to show you...
A state ranking going into the playoffs is useless if you have a bad game.
I don't think Dayton has ever had a 10-0 regular season under Stewart, but what Dayton coaches do is to make sure the team peaks in November and that has produced football games in December the last three years.

Good luck to my Indians next year.
I was really hoping Dayton and PN-G would meet this week.
[/quote]'I don't think Dayton has ever had a 10-0 regular season under Stewart, but what Dayton coaches do is to make sure the team peaks in November and that has produced football games in December the last three years.' 

This is a Real statement.  I wish people would realize that THIS is what it's all about!  This is why I have all the respect in the world for Dayton.  I wish we will have this kind of consistantcy.

It's fruitless to talk about "what ifs" now...Dayton was in 20-4A for several years and dominated. Nothing aginst the PN-G faithful but the most visible purple in 20-4A during Dayton's time here was from Dayton. Revisionist history proves nothing. Dayton ruled PN-G and everybody else in 20-4A for a long time. They have now moved on but, despite that, if you put the Broncos and Indians on the same field tonight, chances are Dayton will come out on top.  As BmtSoulja1 said...they peak late in the season and they are ready when the playoffs come. Again, nothing against PN-G...I have long talked about the PN-G tradition, fan support, etc. I think it's great but let's not pretend like Dayton didn't make a name for itself in 20-4A or act as if the Broncos wouldn't have been at the top again this season had they still been here. I, for one, say PN-G would not have gone undefeated and Dayton would have won district. Just my two cents. Not a Dayton fan...just a football fan.

[quote name="LR1969" post="723456" timestamp="1259934181"]
I'm still here...Been hanging out in the college football forum a little...trying to push for the Frogs (ha). As for all of the discussion in this post; I wasn't surprised by a Brenham win over PN-G but that doesn't negate what the Indians accomplished this season. And, Central once again proved that us "experts" don't always know as much as we think we do.
As for 20-4A being weak this year. I won't include Central/PN-G in that mix but I will agree in regards to the rest of the district. It happens in every district from time to time, including 19-4A/24-4A.
As for Dayton; it's long past the time to talk about how far the Broncos can go or what they're capable of because they've proven that they are a team worthy of everyone's respect for the past decade. Brenham is a solid team and may very well take out the Broncos but anytime you play a team with the tradition that Dayton has, you run the risk of being "tripped" up. Win or lose, Dayton will still have the respect of everyone (even if they don't want to admit it). And, if Central continues its magic for another decade, we will be able to say the same thing about the Jags. That kind of respect is just not something you earn overnight.
I don't cover Dayton but good luck to you Broncos. And, I do welcome you back to 20-4A. You made things exciting and you made the district that much stronger. That's always welcome as far as I am concerned. I still have Kirbyville and Newton to follow (hopefully for another week) and then I will fade away into the sunset until football rears its head again next Fall. I Just can't get into high school basketball anymore. Just can't do it.
[/quote]

Hold on is this ROT disguised as someone else?  I'm right there with you on Basketball and Baseball for that matter.  Of course it's not any fun to talk smack if you think everyone respects you...

I did mention a select few....a lot of the riff-raff clears out.

He's had two that I remember but that's got a lot of truth to it.  What's the Fresno State motto, anywhere, anytime??  I can remember pre-district road trips to Nac, Bay City, Austin just to name a few.  Coach would schedule the Texans in pre-district if he could.  Oh and Soulja we KNOW disrespect fuels Central ;).  One of these years y'all are going to find a coach who sticks around for a little while and puts a program together that could make things ugly!

[quote name="rollinac" post="723491" timestamp="1259940580"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=63329.msg723456#msg723456 date=1259934181]
[/quote]

Hold on is this ROT disguised as someone else?  I'm right there with you on Basketball and Baseball for that matter.  Of course it's not any fun to talk smack if you think everyone respects you...

I did mention a select few....a lot of the riff-raff clears out.
[/quote]

not ROT...but, definitely a Lumbertonite!!!

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="723268" timestamp="1259892884"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63329.msg723020#msg723020 date=1259870763]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63329.msg723016#msg723016 date=1259870567]
Yea, once the season ends you find a select few that stick around on here.  Speaking of where in the heck has ROT been this year....he get sick or something?
[/quote]

Maybe he got cross-ways with the PNG moderators too. ;)
[/quote]

Who's ROT?    And BTW, I've been here EVERY day.  [b]I just don't post all the time.  Some people post just to get their numbers up, like it's a medal or something.[/b][/quote]

.........and yet you have many more posts than anyone on this thread........Irony?

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="723624" timestamp="1259949005"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=63329.msg723268#msg723268 date=1259892884]
Yea, once the season ends you find a select few that stick around on here.  Speaking of where in the heck has ROT been this year....he get sick or something?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who's ROT?    And BTW, I've been here EVERY day.  [b]I just don't post all the time.  Some people post just to get their numbers up, like it's a medal or something.[/b][/quote]

.........and yet you have many more posts than anyone on this thread........Irony?
[/quote]

He's been a member of this forum since it's inception I believe.... or not far from it.

For instance.... I've been registered since Oct. 12, 2006 and my posts per day are like 1.8

[quote name="injunfan21" post="723243" timestamp="1259890205"]
Like i said before...had Dayton played Brenham two rounds ago as did the Indians....everyone would be posting where are the Dayton Fans....its all about the draw... Our half of the bracket had Brenham and Angleton..Daytons half of the bracket consisted of El Campo and Waller...  Easy...Dayton Fans!  would like to pull for yall..but why should we?  All we have to compare  is us beating Crosby by 30 and yall losing to Crosby by 28...Lets see where yall go after this week?
[/quote]wow your an idiot. The dayton team six weeks ago is nothing compared to the current dayton team. we would run circles around your little indian team. i watched film on the brenham/png game and png didnt show up. all your supposed ANIMAL team were trying to leg tackle small people. if i was coach id fire all of them for that. but neways just lick your wounds and worry about where your next basketball game is bubba. and p.s you just got scalped by the best my friend ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="rollinac" post="723514" timestamp="1259941776"]

He's had two that I remember but that's got a lot of truth to it.  What's the Fresno State motto, anywhere, anytime??  I can remember pre-district road trips to Nac, Bay City, Austin just to name a few.  Coach would schedule the Texans in pre-district if he could.  Oh and Soulja we KNOW disrespect fuels Central ;).  One of these years y'all are going to find a coach who sticks around for a little while and puts a program together that could make things ugly!
[/quote]i thought they did in either '98 or '99? could someone check that out since stewarts been coaching there?

[quote name="rollinac" post="723813" timestamp="1259965270"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=63329.msg723809#msg723809 date=1259964985]
Talk about revisonist history, "dayton dominated 20-4a for years". :) A whole two years, and one playoff game.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8kF9WTii2g
[/quote]

Thats just wrong...... :D :D :D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="723308" timestamp="1259897538"]
[quote author=injunfan21 link=topic=63329.msg723270#msg723270 date=1259892957]
[/quote]

PNG is just lucky to have drawn a mediocre 4th place BH team in round 1. Otherwise, they would have been toast a week earlier. Dayton will take care of the Mickey Mouse Cubs again on Saturday. 19-4A's second best team is STILL standing. If not for Central, 20-4A would have been a joke.

As for next year,asking for Dayton to be in your district is kind of like telling your parents you're going to ask Santa Claus for a pony. Everyone knows it probably won't happen, but if it does, you would never be able to take care of it.
[/quote]ROFL at that statement....

[quote name="dayton" post="723625" timestamp="1259949080"]
[quote author=Grammar Police link=topic=63329.msg723624#msg723624 date=1259949005]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=63329.msg723268#msg723268 date=1259892884]
Yea, once the season ends you find a select few that stick around on here.  Speaking of where in the heck has ROT been this year....he get sick or something?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Who's ROT?    And BTW, I've been here EVERY day.  [b]I just don't post all the time.  Some people post just to get their numbers up, like it's a medal or something.[/b][/quote]

[/quote]

He's been a member of this forum since it's inception I believe.... or not far from it.

For instance.... I've been registered since Oct. 12, 2006 and my posts per day are like 1.8
[/quote]

You're close Dayton.  Actually, [i]before[/i] it's inception.  And my avg. post is 1.3 per day.  Not a whole lot of tongue waggin'. Now, compared to Coop (prob. 60,000 posts) I haven't even scratched the surface yet.   Although, I can go toe to toe in a pissin' match when necessary! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4