lamar vs hawaii

lu cards

[b][size=12pt]I'm getting what sounds like a radio station and not the game. Are any of you have a working link for the game?[/size][/b]

[size=12pt][b]http://www.lamarcardinals.com/[/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]http://secure.stretchinternet.com/demo/games.php?user=lamar&o=cal_stamp&sd=today[/b][/size]

Who really expected this group of kids to go on a weeklong trip consisting of Colorado and Hawaii and stay focused on Basketball?

I'm in my late 30's and I couldn't focus if I had business in Hawaii. ;D

This team will not win on the road much if any this year. We knew that going in.

I will say this... I never expected one of Rocs teams to be this bad ( especially with the type of recruiter coach Roc is)..  I have been a staunch supporter of coach Roc but my patience is wearing thin... He does not seem to know how to make adjustments and we get blown out in the 2nd half. He gets called for way to many technical fouls at crucial points in the game which has caused us to lose games. His teams are sloppy and not fundementally sound.

Guest coachacola
This team is reminding me of the 2008 season.  On December 1st 2008 they were 1-5 with no wins against D1 teams and 2 home losses.  They looked terrible.  The senior guards were in a slump (Todd, Hopkins and Barrow) with a lot of new faces on the team (Brown, Nabors, McThay and Dawkins).  Their next 7 of 10 games were home games so they won the home games and lost the road games.  Then they went on a 11 game win streak to finish with 19 wins.  LU has 8 of 10 home games coming up now.  This is a young team so I'm looking for a repeat of the 2008 season.

[quote name="coachacola" post="725597" timestamp="1260195924"]
This team is reminding me of the 2008 season.  On December 1st 2008 they were 1-5 with no wins against D1 teams and 2 home losses.  They looked terrible.  The senior guards were in a slump (Todd, Hopkins and Barrow) with a lot of new faces on the team (Brown, Nabors, McThay and Dawkins).  Their next 7 of 10 games were home games so they won the home games and lost the road games.  Then they went on a 11 game win streak to finish with 19 wins.  LU has 8 of 10 home games coming up now.  This is a young team so I'm looking for a repeat of the 2008 season.
[/quote]

This team is no where close to that level, our guards were struggling to hit shots, but there was still cohesiveness and chemistry, this team lacks that. We are just young, there is a reason why it is called growing pains. We'll be alright as the season goes on.

you have to look at the big picture.lamar is transitioning from mainly a juco based team to a 4yr player based team.last night we had 4 true freshmen play decent minutes(AND RISING).we had 3 soph's play significant minutes(2 of our best players).2 juco's playing there 8th game in d-1.1 jr(custer)played 3 minutes.2 sr's nwevo played 10 minutes(and falling)nabors is our best player, coming off major injury .is playing a ton of minutes.hall is still hurt and he is someone we were really counting on.carter hasnt seen the floor in 2 years and wont.the 2 pfugerville kids will be redshirted.were very young!!!with the exception of nabors we have very little experience on the court.i personally think this is the direction to go.we need kids here for 4 yrs.roc has already got committs from 4 high school kids.we will get better and come conference will be in the mix.

[quote name="lu cards" post="725698" timestamp="1260205515"]
you have to look at the big picture.lamar is transitioning from mainly a juco based team to a 4yr player based team.last night we had 4 true freshmen play decent minutes(AND RISING).we had 3 soph's play significant minutes(2 of our best players).2 juco's playing there 8th game in d-1.1 jr(custer)played 3 minutes.2 sr's nwevo played 10 minutes(and falling)nabors is our best player, coming off major injury .is playing a ton of minutes.hall is still hurt and he is someone we were really counting on.carter hasnt seen the floor in 2 years and wont.the 2 pfugerville kids will be redshirted.were very young!!!with the exception of nabors we have very little experience on the court.i personally think this is the direction to go.we need kids here for 4 yrs.roc has already got committs from 4 high school kids.we will get better and come conference will be in the mix.
[/quote]
BINGO.
I finally like the direction that Roc is going with the team. building a cohesive group that will play together for more than one year. Look at the teams that have had success in the SLC...NWSU a few years back, A&MCC, SHSU all had a core group together for 3 or 4 years. NWSU took their lumps early, but they won an NCAA game that seniro year.

Guest coachacola
This year UTSA is the best team in the SLC so far, and of the nine players who average double-digits in minutes played per game, 6 are seniors and 1 is a junior.  TAMU-CC is also playing well and 7 of their top 9 players are juniors and seniors.  This is pretty typical of schools at this level, the trick is to be very competitive every year, even in so called "rebuilding" years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05