SLC - #14 Baseball League

From Yahoo/Rivals...time to make it happen!

[quote]14. Southland. The SLC took a step forward last season with Texas State and Sam Houston State making a regional. Other teams, though, must rise to the occasion.[/quote]

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/baseball/news?slug=kr-confrankings120809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="727265" timestamp="1260403071"]Give me a break you really want to say waiting on Lamar baseball, 3 straight regional appearances 02, 03, 04. Making the regional championship in 2003. Haven't won less than 34 games since 1999. Sam has been good in SLC for 3 years, how many regional wins in that time? Pick on LU hoops not baseball.
[/quote]

I was stretching a little bit, but Lamar baseball has done nothing significant in the last few years while both TXST and SHSU have helped raise the national profile of the league with OOC wins. TXST even got the league an at-large, how about that?

Watch out Cards! Even Southeastern La. is rapidly improving. And there's no divisions in baseball, so no taking advantage of the weaker division (as is the case when SFA and/or Lamar go out 'east')...

As far as 34+ wins - hard to not get 34 wins when you have Lamar's schedule. :: insert Gilliigan complaining that no one schedules them despite and try to ignore the fact that every other TX school in the SLC (with lights) seems to get a pretty solid OOC slate ::

As far as SHSU wins in the postseason, SHSU went to the regional finals in 2007 after eliminating both Southern Miss and Troy...the last two years have yielded 0 wins, but some near misses.

Though not the NCAAs, going 12-0 in the SLC tourney the last three years has been nice! Some teams know how to win when it matters most. In basketball, it's putting yourself in position for March. In baseball, the Kats have been in great position come May to make a run.

I'm not taking anything away from Sam I'm a big fan of your coach the thing G is talking about is bigger Texas school's don't agree to come to Beaumont due to a lack of facilities such as showers at the field. He plays Houston and Rice home and home every year. Texas A&M has come to Vincent-Beck before but not anymore same with Texas. He doesn't want to just play bigger schools only on the road.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="727268" timestamp="1260403802"]
I'm not taking anything away from Sam I'm a big fan of your coach the thing G is talking about is bigger Texas school's don't agree to come to Beaumont due to a lack of facilities such as showers at the field. He plays Houston and Rice home and home every year. Texas A&M has come to Vincent-Beck before but not anymore same with Texas. He doesn't want to just play bigger schools only on the road.
[/quote]

That should change in a few years after the renovation to the park

Guest baseball25
Texas st.  Sam. And utsa are all ahead of lamar rightnow they play a tougher schedule and they win 30 plus games with there schedule lamar schedule is horrible and play really nobody but rice gilligan ust wants wins now he can careless about going tp regionals he's way to worry bout that win loss record

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43