*Central Vs. West Brook/West Brook Wins 54-45*

Guest JoesBros

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="731376" timestamp="1260978606"]
We have a playmaker that can create his own shots.  Did he get the ball late in the 4th?  I'm talking about the Sophmore kid C. Smith that we've be talking about.
[/quote]

You know Soulja, you keep bringing up this Smith kid, but I am not seeing what you are seeing. I've seen the Jags play 3 times this year, and in each game all he wanted to do was stand at the three point line and shoot. I never saw him try to penetrate and try to create his own shot. Also, his defense was a little suspect. He still looks very young and unsure.

He have a nice driving pull up shot in front of the rim or either baseline.  He have good jumping ability and probably is the only player that we have that will dunk it around the basket.  Also, he also was hitting 3 pointers 1 foot from the 3 point line last year as a freshman. I believe he missed the early part of the Basketball season.  This is probably why you don't see much.  He have just started being put in the starting linup.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="731429" timestamp="1260983459"]
He did not start against Silsbee but he did start in the two games I saw them play after the Silsbee game. Still the same type of play.
[/quote]

Curios what you saw from Brook.  i haven't made a game yet, but I hear we don't have anyone over about 6'2".  I know some of those kids from youth ball, and I know they are athletic, but do we have any size?

[quote name="westend1" post="731433" timestamp="1260983786"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63799.msg731429#msg731429 date=1260983459]
He did not start against Silsbee but he did start in the two games I saw them play after the Silsbee game. Still the same type of play.
[/quote]

Curios what you saw from Brook.  i haven't made a game yet, but I hear we don't have anyone over about 6'2".   I know some of those kids from youth ball, and I know they are athletic, but do we have any size?
[/quote]I have not seen Brook play this year, but I heard that their starting linup have all players under 6'.  This was from a Brook fan.  A Jag fan confirmed that Brook's tallest player may barely scratch 6'1" ish.

Castle is the post player, goes about '6"3 but he is also about 230lbs. He played well in the two games I saw them play, Silsbee and Westbury Christian.

The Bruin guards played very well against Silsbee, not so good against Westbury. Johnson is a good PG and Crane and Hayes along with Wells shoot the ball well. They need to go to the boards more to help out the post players since the team is on the small side.

Overall, their quickness is their strength, but if they aren't knocking down the outside shot, they are in trouble. Proof, they shot the ball very well against Silsbee, not so much against Westbury.

According to the roster that I got from the YMBL, West Brook starts 3 '6 players, a '6"1 and a "6"3.

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="731464" timestamp="1260984960"]
Wow!  I guess   that's why I have to make the games to see for myself instead of he say she say...

Thank you, Joesbros.
[/quote]
I was hoping you were going to be listening cause I gave you a shoutout  :D

[quote name="JoesBros" post="731466" timestamp="1260985258"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=63799.msg731464#msg731464 date=1260984960]
Wow!  I guess   that's why I have to make the games to see for myself instead of he say she say...

Thank you, Joesbros.
[/quote]
I was hoping you were going to be listening cause I gave you a shoutout  :D
[/quote]I was trying to listen.  The Misses was using the Computer and I didn't want to run the media player on my phone.  My battery would be zapped quick... 

[quote name="JoesBros" post="731475" timestamp="1260986119"]
Well actually there was a way to listen to the game without getting on the internet but I can tell you that it wasnt setxsports quality  ;)
[/quote]Yea, the other way would have been to actually be there... I won't miss the Vidor/Central game, though! 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="731446" timestamp="1260984313"]
Castle is the post player, goes about '6"3 but he is also about 230lbs. He played well in the two games I saw them play, Silsbee and Westbury Christian.

The Bruin guards played very well against Silsbee, not so good against Westbury. Johnson is a good PG and Crane and Hayes along with Wells shoot the ball well. They need to go to the boards more to help out the post players since the team is on the small side.

Overall, their quickness is their strength, but if they aren't knocking down the outside shot, they are in trouble. Proof, they shot the ball very well against Silsbee, not so much against Westbury.

According to the roster that I got from the YMBL, West Brook starts 3 '6 players, a '6"1 and a "6"3.
[/quote]

That young man is 260 or better... I am 230 and standing onside of him I am small.  He just started after the football season.  He is a bluechip offensive tackle, but he has good feet and can play basketball very decent.  The kid is a sophmore too!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="731759" timestamp="1261008038"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63799.msg731446#msg731446 date=1260984313]

[/quote]

That young man is 260 or better... I am 230 and standing onside of him I am small.  He just started after the football season.  He is a bluechip offensive tackle, but he has good feet and can play basketball very decent.  The kid is a sophmore too!
[/quote]

Actually short, that was a typo on my part. Meant to put 250lbs, not 230.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="731769" timestamp="1261008750"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=63799.msg731759#msg731759 date=1261008038]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63799.msg731446#msg731446 date=1260984313]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually short, that was a typo on my part. Meant to put 250lbs, not 230.
[/quote]

Ok

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32