SILSBEE vs. JASPER/SILSBEE WINS 76-44!!!

The #8 state ranked, #1 HoopInsider, Silsbee Tigers will take on the Jasper Bulldogs TONIGHT at 7:30pm in the Tiger Den at Silsbee High school. The 9-2 Tigers are looking for a little payback from the 5-4 Bulldogs after last year's regional semi-final loss to the Dawgs, 62-60. This is the first time these two have met since that game but they do share a common opponent. Silsbee and Jasper have both played Woodville with the Tigers taking down Woodville 102-48 while Jasper has played the Eagles twice, splitting with them, losing 57-44 and winning 61-60. Needless to say, Silsbee is the prohibitive favorite in this one but that was the case back in March also. ;)

Broadcast time will be 10 minutes prior to tipoff which is scheduled for 7:30pm. Just check back to this thread for the actual start time of the broadcast.

Click the link to listen to another SETXsports Network Broadcast!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:houston-davis-panthers-vs-silsbee-730-pm&catid=73:games

Mike Sanchez, SETXsports.com broadcaster

I dont think you can make decisions on a third party team(Woodville). Maybe its more about how you match up to the team your playing...strengths, weakness etc....but from what I've heard not many small schools can match up with Silsbee....AAW, if Jasper wins this one will you go into hiding with Tiger?

[quote name="no-look" post="732206" timestamp="1261076836"]
I dont think you can make decisions on a third party team(Woodville). Maybe its more about how you match up to the team your playing...strengths, weakness etc....but from what I've heard not many small schools can match up with Silsbee....[b]AAW, if Jasper wins this one will you go into hiding with Tiger?[/b]
[/quote]

Didn't last year. In fact, I broadcasted the Dawgs next game against HJ in the regional finals. ;)

Based on what I have seen of Jasper and Silsbee with my own eyes, I believe I have nothing to worry about. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732210" timestamp="1261077058"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=63931.msg732206#msg732206 date=1261076836]
I dont think you can make decisions on a third party team(Woodville). Maybe its more about how you match up to the team your playing...strengths, weakness etc....but from what I've heard not many small schools can match up with Silsbee....[b]AAW, if Jasper wins this one will you go into hiding with Tiger?[/b]
[/quote]

Didn't last year. In fact, I broadcasted the Dawgs next game against HJ in the regional finals. ;)

Based on what I have seen of Jasper and Silsbee with my own eyes, I[b] believe I have nothing to worry about[/b]. ;D
[/quote]I agree

[quote name="ST413" post="732235" timestamp="1261080892"]
They have a second common opponent in Kountze who snuck by the Tigers at Ozen and blasted Jasper in Kountze.
[/quote]

That's correct. I did forget about Kountze being another common opponent but both teams did lose to them. Silsbee lost 94-89 and Jasper lost 97-62.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732210" timestamp="1261077058"]
[/quote]

Based on what I have seen of Jasper and Silsbee with my own eyes, I believe I have nothing to worry about. ;D
[/quote]
sounds a lot like what you said last year.  ;D

[quote name="j_dog" post="732638" timestamp="1261157634"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63931.msg732210#msg732210 date=1261077058]
[/quote]

[/quote]
sounds a lot like what you said last year.   ;D
[/quote]

Nope. I did not see Jasper play last year until they played Silsbee in the regional semis. ;)

[quote name="T-daddy" post="732687" timestamp="1261165377"]
no homerism during the broadcast aaw ;D
[/quote]

What am I suppose to do when Silsbee is up by more than 20? ;D

I'll call it like I see it. Besides, Silsbee is not playing HJ so I shouldn't be accused of broadcasting it one-sided. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="732714" timestamp="1261170627"]
Thought I would put a disclaimer out there for tonight's broadcast. I am a little under the weather and I am not sure how long my voice will last during tonight's game, so I apologize beforehand.

Please bare with me. I'll do my best.
[/quote]

Naked broadcast??  What is this Amsterdam?

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="732735" timestamp="1261173196"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63931.msg732714#msg732714 date=1261170627]
Thought I would put a disclaimer out there for tonight's broadcast. I am a little under the weather and I am not sure how long my voice will last during tonight's game, so I apologize beforehand.

Please bare with me. I'll do my best.
[/quote]

Naked broadcast??  What is this Amsterdam?
[/quote]
Hah!  You beat me to it!  I, for one, will not be baring with him!  Now, I will bear with him if he is in that bad of shape.  But perhaps Tigers don't know the difference.  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats