SILSBEE vs. JASPER/SILSBEE WINS 76-44!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="j_dog" post="732844" timestamp="1261184109"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=63931.msg732735#msg732735 date=1261173196]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63931.msg732714#msg732714 date=1261170627]
Thought I would put a disclaimer out there for tonight's broadcast. I am a little under the weather and I am not sure how long my voice will last during tonight's game, so I apologize beforehand.

Please bare with me. I'll do my best.
[/quote]

Naked broadcast??  What is this Amsterdam?
[/quote]
Hah!  You beat me to it!  I, for one, will not be baring with him!  Now, I will bear with him if he is in that bad of shape.  But perhaps Tigers don't know the difference.   :o
[/quote]

That's quite a generalization!  Me thinks you've had too much bull. ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=63931.msg732989#msg732989 date=1261199600]
Looks like Silsbee has been working on there FTs, looked like they did a lot better tonight. I think Silsbee let Jasper get way to many rebounds. All in all not to bad of a game. Go Tigers!!!

[/quo

Ease up "85" - it's too early to expect "Perfection." ;)

Game summary

scoring by quarters

1      2      3      4  tot

Jasper      8    13    13    10    44
Silsbee    21    10    23    22    76

In the 1st quarter, Silsbee jumped out to a 16-3 lead led by D.C. Stallworth's 8 early points, the first two points of the game came off a rebound dunk from Stallworth! Silsbee extended it to 21-4 with about 2 minutes left in 1st but Jasper went into a full court press and forced some turnovers by the Tigers and closed the quarter scoring the last 4 points, ending it at 21-8 Silsbee. Stallworth finished the quarter with 10 points.

The second quarter was a slop fest on both sides but more so for Silsbee as the Jasper press broke the rhythm of the Tiger offense, creating some more turnovers and getting a couple of steals. Silsbee still used their height advantage on the offensive glass, getting some putbacks. Silsbee and Jasper basically traded baskets the last 3 minutes of the quarter, ending the half with Silsbee leading 31-21. Stallworth led all scorers with 15 in the first half.

The second half started off promising for the Bulldogs as they trimmed the double digit Tiger lead, which Silsbee enjoyed since the 6 minute mark of the 1st, to single digits, 33-25. But, that was as close as the Dawgs would get. Silsbee went on a 13-1 run, led by Prentice Lane and Avory Thomas. Lane hit 2 three pointers and Thomas crashed the boards on the offensive end, getting a couple of buckets along with drawing some fouls from the shorter Jasper players. The run ended on a rim rattling dunk from Thomas after getting an assist from Stallworth. Both teams played even, scoring 8 points apiece to finish the 3rd with Silsbee leading by 20, 54-34. Silsbee's last 3 points of the quarter came from an alley-oop dunk and one from Stallworth to Thomas!! Thomas led all scorers in this quarter with 10 points.

The 4th quarter was just a continuance of the 3rd as Silsbee continued to use their height advantage, crashing the boards on the offensive end, getting plenty of second chance points. Also, during the 3rd and 4th quarters, Silsbee had figured the Jasper press out and was able to break it on numerous occasions, leading to some easy baskets. Silsbee built as much as a 36 point lead, at 74-38, but the Tiger reserves played a little sloppy in the end, committing some fouls sending Jasper to the line where the Dawgs made the freebies. Final score, 76-44.

The man of the second half was Silsbee's '6"7 senior post Avory Thomas. Avory scored all of his 17 points in the second half and he had 7 of his 8 total block shots in the second half. He was a monster down inside. He also had 11 rebounds for the game. Stallworth finished with 21 points, 13 rebounds and 5 assists. Prentice Lane had 19 points, going 4 for 8 from the three point line.

For Jasper, no Bulldog got into double figures in scoring as they were led by Thompson's 9 points and Myers' 7.

Silsbee's height advantage was evident at the free throw line as the taller Tigers drew fouls from the shorter Dawgs. Silsbee went to the line 32 times, making 22, shooting 68% from the line. Jasper was 14-25 from the line, 56%. Silsbee also out rebounded the Bulldogs, 39-27.

It was a solid win for the Tigers over an over matched Jasper team. Silsbee's overall length will cause many matchup problems with teams left on their schedule. If they continue to get better guard play, Silsbee has a real chance of making another run to Austin.

My thoughts exactly AAW our guards need to keep improving and the sky could be the limit. I have really been impressed with Thomas' improvement. DC has impressed me since he was a freshman if he keeps improving his ouside game, he could be a real solid recruit next year.

Silsbee's Lane is a very solid player.  Very impressed with his outside shot.  This kid could easily move on to the next level. This was my first time to see Silsbee this year and it was strange to see so much size on a Silsbee team.  Play smart ball and they will go far this season.

On a different note,  whats with the black uniforms.  Silsbee is maroon and white.  Keep the tradition, don't change it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4