Vidor's win over Nederland

Guest GoStangs

Guest GoStangs

How does this poll mean the "haters" are coming out? If both teams are strong, wouldn't that be the #1 option -- that the win over NED is a sign Vidor will make the playoffs?

How does this poll mean the "haters" are coming out? If both teams are strong' date=' wouldn't that be the #1 option -- that the win over NED is a sign Vidor will make the playoffs?[/quote']

The choices is Vidor makes the playoffs..Ned isn't as strong,or a fluke..

Should one of them been maybe Vidor is stronger then what people thought..?

And it is funny that that is the only game in Southeast Texas that there was a poll made about .

So why would you make one about the Vidor/Ned game???

Guest GoStangs

The reason I put this poll up here is because Vidor beating NED was the biggest upset in SETX, in my book, this week.

I honestly thought I covered all options. Since most people (not all, but most) counted Vidor out of postseason contention before the season due to the overall strength of 22-4A, I figured Vidor making the playoffs implicitly meant they were stronger than people thought.

The reason I put this poll up here is because Vidor beating NED was the biggest upset in SETX' date=' in my book, this week.

I honestly thought I covered all options. Since most people (not all, but most) counted Vidor out of postseason contention before the season due to the overall strength of 22-4A, I figured Vidor making the playoffs implicitly meant they were stronger than people thought.[/quote']

Well if that is what you meant then I guess I took it wrong ..My bad if those were your intentions.

This is a tough district and there still is a long way to go. So, I am not going to say Vidor will make the playoffs. I think that Vidor is better than they were thought to be. There isn't anyone in this district that can't beat anyone on any given night.

Guest Kelly Football

As it stands now and there's alot of football to be played Dayton is my pick to win district. Vidor needs to beat Lumberton because after that Dayton comes to town. Ozen is down and Vidor usually playes them well. Need that one. Vidor should beat LCM which means Vidor will still have to beat either Central or PNG.

Guest GoStangs

Certainly right. Vidor has got one big win behind them and is definitely moving in the right direction. If they can use the momentum to their advantage and not rest on their laurels, they could be in good shape late in the season. They have to win over the Raiders and the Bears, and it seems they generally play pretty well against Ozen. If they can put those teams behind them, which they very well could, they could lose out to PNG, Central, and Dayton and still have a shot at making the playoffs, although if they beat at least one of those 3 teams, they will have a very serious chance at making the playoffs.

:D Yea. Wait until ya'll get Dayton' date=' Central, PN-G.[/quote']thats what yall said about Ned..

I dont believe we will win out..but we will have a better record then yall..Thats a guarantee.

Are yall starting to figure out Varsity is alot different then Freshman and JV???

Might hold off ordering yalls State Championship rings !!!

Love ya blue...Hold on baby!!! remember those days!!!????

Guest 1motime

maybe ya ll can win at least one

come on now I thought ya ll beat a good Nederland team ,may be not so good after all. Thats not good for ya ll :wink:

I could be wrong but Vidor is pretty good. They have some very quick running backs and the QB is very athletic. I like their pursuit and they can tackle. Mosley broke the line a few times and had one on one, which in previous weeks he would have brought it to the house but Vidor made that one on one tackle.

Nederland can score some points but we sure have been giving them up. It's obvious with Mosley only on the offensive side our defense will suffer.

I don't think it was a fluke, I don't think Ned is bad, and I don't think Vidor will make the playoffs. That's my vote. Congrats on a big win, but Dayton and Central will be the top two in this district. Number three will come down to Ned, PN-G and Vidor. I'm thinking it will be the injuns, but I could be wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo