Five Orange County netters make Academic All-State

KFDM COOP

Five Orange County netters make Academic All-State
Van Wade
The Orange Leader

Three Little Cypress-Mauriceville Lady Bears plus a Bridge City Lady Cardinal and an Orangefield Lady Bobcats were named to the Texas High School Girls Coaches Association Academic All-State Team.

Players for Coach Vicki Castino’s Lady Bears that made the 4A team include Elissa Tate, Shelby Sanchez and Christine Sicktich.

For Coach Becca Mathews’ Lady Cardinals, Emily Kosh made the elite Class 3A squad while Coach Kristin Holbrooks’ saw her Lasdy Bobcat Abby Ludwig make the superb unit.

Academic All-State players must be graduating seniors.

The must have an overall grade-point average of 94 and they must be a varsity participant in good standing and be of good moral character.

Several players from across Southeast Texas made the list.

Also makeing it in Class 4A includes Lumberton’s Brooke Crowell, Lauren Daigle, Molly James and Katie Letourneau along with the Port Neches-Groves trio of Mallory Livingston, Paige Miller and Lauryn Stephens.

In Class 3A Hamshire-Fannett’s Shelby Bayse, Elizabeth Files and Hailee Merchant were on the squad.

In Class 2A Anahuac’s Amber Fannin, Kelsie Laskoskie, Corie Saxman and Carli Smith made it along with Warren’s Alyssa Hatton.

I coach at Warren and I have been trying to get on the TGCA site to see who was chosen for the acedimic all-state.  The site will only let me go to the first page on Class 2A selection.  You have Alyssa Hatton down as being chosen for the Academic All-State Team, could you please tell me where you got your information.  I do not want to tell Alyssa, until I find out the information is correct.  Thank you very much.

Coach 24:
Look down on the bottom left-hand side where it says 2A Academic All-Stars and click on it.....then go to the lasts column on the new page that pops up and under Warren Miss Hatton is listed as a 2A recipient.

A big congrats to the Orange County girls that won this important award!..  and of course all the rest.. lol

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
Congrats to Shelby Bayse, Elizabeth Files and Hailee Merchant from HF for achieving this honor also.  There ain't no news coverage of West Jefferson County unless the other half of your school district is in Hardin County. ;)

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="CrazyLikeThat" post="736767" timestamp="1262231888"]
Congrats to Shelby Bayse, Elizabeth Files and Hailee Merchant from HF for achieving this honor also.  There ain't no news coverage of West Jefferson County unless the other half of your school district is in Hardin County. ;)
[/quote]

Here in Orange County we are fortunate to have the Orange leader.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62