**POST LIVINGSTON TOURNY SCORES HERE**

Bobcat1

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="736687" timestamp="1262221297"]
Ashton, her hand, Kasidy, sprained ankle in the 2nd game, and Megan Burton shoulder. Marissa played lmited mins but did well from what I hear..
[/quote] 

Hope they recover fast. It does tell you a little about our team, no matter who is out they always fight till the end.  The officials let the girls play way to rough. Something really bad will happen someday. >:(

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="736713" timestamp="1262225060"]
Ashton is tough though, I mean she did play after needing stiches in her last year against HJ... ;)
[/quote]

Who said anything about anybody not being tough. Where did that post come from? No clue where that came from. I am talking about the resolve of the lady bobcats. You read something that was not there. Plain and simple. Not one player but the team as a whole. Kids do get hurt and when someone steps up, it is called a team. I don't remember mentioning any names. Why would I?

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Bobcat05" post="736727" timestamp="1262227375"]
Settle down Bleed before you have to take your blood pressure medicine. I wasn't arguing,  I was giving an example of how tough the ladies are.  ::)
[/quote]

Touche,  but you know I already know how tough they are. They have been for years. Nothing has changed in the last 8 years. :-*

I didn't go this year, but I has read what you posted on here and what some of our parents said about how bad they were...I was just wondering if that hurts Livingston when they come to the Golden Triangle and play teams here with our refs..

Just like anywhere, good ones and bad ones... we had some strange officials the first few games, but the last two were very well called.... (actually 2 of the better called games I have been in in a while..) But yes, they call a different style... and I think it will hurt them in the triangle.  Central will be the only threat to them though.... they have 2 D1 players and are really good this year.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="736788" timestamp="1262233814"]
Anyone know the final with Lufkin and Livingston...and Hudson and HJ?
[/quote]

I believe the final between HJ and Hudson was 62-57. If that's not correct it was close to that score.

The North Forest team was good. Silsbee got behind early but played them pretty even the second half. I was surprised at the progress Silsbee has made. They will represent themselves well this year.

Guest youwishyouwere

The calls were bad on both ends of the floor in the HJ vs Hudson and Livingston vs Lufkin.

Lufkin had no outside shooting the entire game which ultimately cost them. Livingston did not allow any shots from the perimeter and kept a tight rein on the scoring in the paint. Livingston had more girls in foul trouble than Lufkin and Lufkin shot more free throws than Livingston.

Officiating was not the problem for Lufkin. Lufkin just had no answer for the defensive pressure Livingston applied. Lufkin likes to pass the ball around the top and hope for penetration. When Lufkin could not get a perimeter shot they tried to penetrate. When Lufkin tried to penetrate the Livingston defense tightened up. It was strictly defense that beat Lufkin not officiating. Besides for #10 on the Lufkin team, there were no other threats. Lufkin needs to get more girls involved in the game. Lufkin has plenty of talent that is not being utilized. #10 cannot do it by herself. Livingston did what they were supposed to do and did not allow Lufkin to score in the paint. That is how you win games people. Defense! You can whine about officials, but after the first few minutes of play you can get a general idea of how the calls are going to go. Play the game and you win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats