*SILSBEE vs. EVADALE @ WOODVILLE TOURNEY BROADCAST THREAD*

The 12-2 #8 state ranked Silsbee Tigers will take on their neighbors from across the Neches River in the Evadale Rebels, 10-3 on the season, in the second semi-final game at the Woodville tournament, Tuesday the 29th @ 1:30pm. The winner will play the winner of the Corrigan-Camden/Woodville game which precedes this game, in the championship game on Wednesday.

Broadcast time will be 10 minutes prior to tipoff which is scheduled for 1:30pm.

Just click the link to listen in.

Silsbee vs. Evadale, semi-finals of Woodville tourney, right here at SETXsports.com!!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:houston-davis-panthers-vs-silsbee-730-pm&catid=73:games

Mike Sanchez, SETXsports.com broadcaster

[quote name="court side" post="735904" timestamp="1262067057"]
AAW hows evadale loooking?
and what is your prediction?
[/quote]

Evadale doesn't look bad but they played probably one of the worse teams in the tourney to start off in Brookeland. I like #3, #24, and really like #32's game. #32 is a post player and really plays well underneath. Uses his wide frame very well. I can see him causing Silsbee's big men a little bit of a problem.

But, looking over Evadale's schedule, they have not played anyone that is at the level of Silsbee. Silsbee has two 50 point blowouts in this tourney and it wouldn't suprise me if they did it again. But, I'll say it's closer, Silsbee 77-42. Silsbee is just too long and athletic for Evadale to have any kind of a chance.

I am one of the first to talk about comparing class 1A to 2A and 3A.

But one thing that has to be said for the Rebels is that they don't shy away from the bigger schools. This is just another example of that.

Will the Rebels win, well we will know for sure around 3 this afternoon. But win or loose I will still be proud of our team. Playing the #8 3A team in the state. Well it is unlikely we will face a better team the remainder of the season and it will only make the Rebels better in the long run.

If you take a look at the Rebel roster you will see that there are only four seniors on the squad. Coach Jason Wilkins is molding a program and these players have been on the varsity since they were freshmen. Silsbee winning, it is a likelyhood, but the Rebels will let them know they were in a game.

Winning is something Evadale likes to do and across the board they do. The two state championship monuments in front of the gym are a constant reminder of the winning tradition and believe me there are plenty of players, girls and guys who are looking forward to adding a few more pieces of granite to the sideway in front of Rebel Gym.

Have a great game Rebels!

Guest ST4life
[quote name="trophyman" post="736075" timestamp="1262116682"]
[glow=red,2,300][color=blue][size=18pt][b]lets go rebels you can do it[/b][/size][/color][/glow]
[/quote]
    ::)    :D

[quote name="tokenwb" post="736105" timestamp="1262120529"]
Is this tournament really doing Silsbee any good.  I know teams need to play during the holidays,  but is this the best tourn. we could get scheduled?
[/quote]

Silsbee got in this tourney late. Travis was going to play in the Whataburger tourney but some things happened and Silsbee did not get in. Woodville sent an invite and Travis accepted not knowing who would be in this tourney.

I agree, it only helps just playing the games but the competition is just not there for Silsbee. No one's fault. Just glad they are playing.

Scoring for both teams:

Evadale

Murphy  11
Bradshaw  10
Stark     6
Tucker   4
Totten  3
Herrington  3
Freeman   2

Silsbee

Hill     23
Thomas  17
Lane  14
Jones  10
Stallworth  6
Harris   6
Barrett  6
Gaines   4
Brown    2

Scoring by quarters

1      2       3      4    tot
Evadale            6       7      10    16    39
Silsbee            17     33      16    22    88

Guest ST4life
[quote name="tokenwb" post="736112" timestamp="1262121257"]
Hopefully this tourn. will have Silsbee ready for a little revenge Saturday night.   ;D
[/quote] Would be nice ;D

[quote name="trophyman" post="736103" timestamp="1262120418"]
aggie you seen the game what do you think

[/quote]

Evadale was just simply over matched. Evadale did become the first team to score more than 30 points against the Tigers in this tourney. But the outcome was decided well before halftime. Evadale is not a bad team and I feel can compete in their district with Sabine Pass and Spurger.

If Silsbee leaves its starters in in all the games of this tourney, they beat everyone by ever how much they want.

I look for the same result tomorrow against Woodville.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gametyme05
    Newest Member
    Gametyme05