*Vidor @ Nederland/Bulldogs Win 65-31!

Guest JoesBros

Guest JoesBros
The Vidor Pirates head to Mid-County to the Dog Dome tonight to take on the Nederland Bulldogs. Vidor is looking to get back on the winning track while Nederland is out prove they are one of the best teams in District 20-4A. The broadcast kicks off at 7:15 with the Pax Supply pre-game show. Right here on your home for Vidor Pirate Athletics Setxsports.com!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115:vidor-pirates-vs-beaumont-kelly-bulldogs-730-pm&catid=73:games

Cunningham was great tonight! I think was upset he was left off Coops top 30 and tried to prove him wrong!  ;) Forney was subpar tonight but everyone else stepped up big! Vidor played hard the whole game and had great effort, they just didn't have the talent to keep up with Ned tonight. Ned shot the ball to well for Vidor to keep up.

Most complete game Nederland has played.  IMO the difference for Nederland in many district games has been having the depth to rest players.  Ned is playing 8-10 players regularly and staying fresh while other teams have to rely on 5-7 players.  It really shows by the end of the game.

Guest JoesBros
Vidor shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Nederland is a good shooting team and I was impressed with them. No doubt Nederland is the best team in the district right now.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="746727" timestamp="1263996726"]
Vidor shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Nederland is a good shooting team and I was impressed with them. No doubt Nederland is the best team in the district right now.
[/quote]Really?  I believe there are 2 Beaumont Teams that would think otherwise.  One of them is in 1st place and the other one blew Nederland out in Nederland...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="746793" timestamp="1264001635"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=64952.msg746727#msg746727 date=1263996726]
[/quote]Really?  I believe there are 2 Beaumont Teams that would think otherwise.  One of them is in 1st place and the other one blew Nederland out in Nederland...
[/quote]

Are you talking about that one beaumont team that lost to Nederland?  ;)

Guest JoesBros
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="746793" timestamp="1264001635"]
[quote author=JoesBros link=topic=64952.msg746727#msg746727 date=1263996726]
[/quote]Really?  I believe there are 2 Beaumont Teams that would think otherwise.  One of them is in 1st place and the other one blew Nederland out in Nederland...
[/quote]
The same team that lost to Livingston last night  ;)

The Beaumont team that is from Pear Orchard Beaumont is probably the hottest team in district at a nice 3-1 in district tied with the team that shocked them.  The Beaumont Team from Old Town Beaumont took down the team that beat that Pear Orchard Team.  So my point is that both of these teams should not feel like Nederland is the best team in this district.  There is still no clear cut favorate at this point. 

Guest JoesBros
I will somewhat agree with you. The best thing about basketball though is you get another shot at these teams. As far as Nederland goes if they can keep Forney out of foul trouble then they are a dominate team on the inside. I was impressed with Smith and Cunningham last night. Ozen has heated up after a slow start and now that Franks is back that will help them out a lot. I dont know what to say about your Jags?? It just seems to me they are not playing consistant. I could be wrong about that but one thing I do know is there will be some good basketball played in this district down the home stretch!

[quote name="JoesBros" post="746807" timestamp="1264003092"]
I will somewhat agree with you. The best thing about basketball though is you get another shot at these teams. As far as Nederland goes if they can keep Forney out of foul trouble then they are a dominate team on the inside. I was impressed with Smith and Cunningham last night. Ozen has heated up after a slow start and now that Franks is back that will help them out a lot. I dont know what to say about your Jags?? It just seems to me they are not playing consistant. I could be wrong about that but one thing I do know is there will be some good basketball played in this district down the home stretch!
[/quote]Inconsistance is the key.  We played a horrible game against LC-M.  Then we have one of our best games of the season vs Nederland.  Then after that big win, we lose to a team that lost to Nederland.  And to top things off, we lose again to Livingston.  My point is that we need to have more 'pretty' than 'ugly'.

Nederland is good.  As I have been saying, if they can consistantly break the press and get it in to Forney and he will do the rest.  They also have another ok athlete that is capable, but neither Forney or this guy are not ball handlers.

Guest JoesBros
Yea Ive seen Forney play several times this season and I have not been that impressed with him yet. He hasnt shown me that he can be that dominate force inside that I think he can be. The key with Nederland IMO is their depth. They seem to have the deepest bench in the district. I have a question for you Robert. As far as Central is concerned do you think think that the issues that happened earlier in the season with the coaching has had an effect on the team at all??

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="746830" timestamp="1264004756"]
I don't think Central can be considered one of the best teams in the district right now especially since if the season were to end right now Central wouldn't even make the playoffs.
[/quote]I never said Central is the best team.  I simply stated that Neither Central or Ozen should feel that Nederland is the best team.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="746838" timestamp="1264005434"]
Yea Ive seen Forney play several times this season and I have not been that impressed with him yet. He hasnt shown me that he can be that dominate force inside that I think he can be. The key with Nederland IMO is their depth. They seem to have the deepest bench in the district. I have a question for you Robert. As far as Central is concerned do you think think that the issues that happened earlier in the season with the coaching has had an effect on the team at all??
[/quote]Nope.  Not at all.  This team have not been that impressive even when Rice was there.  I have come to the realization that we are just not that good.  It will be an uphill struggle to make the playoffs.  But it can happen.  I want to say that our lack of size is the problem but we have beaten bigger teams.  I still think Consistancy is the key.  We have played a tough non-district schedule and one would think that we would be battle tested and playing kindof like how Ozen is playing now...

I agree. Forney is not been as good as he can be lately. Also I think as far as talent, Central is definitely one of the top 4 teams in district. They just struggle with putting it all together. I don't know why that is at all but it just seems that every night a couple players seem to have an off night (exeption against Ned. lol).

u got 2 give forney the ball quick when he posts up,when that happens he is hard 2 stop.this happened in the 1st quarter vs. vidor (vid. played man) & he scored at will.alot of times forney works 2 get open & the ball isn't passed to him?i dont know if these high school players understand if you get the ball to your big man & he scores early it opens up the shots 4 them.thats why ned. beat the hell out of vid.  they had 2 go 2 a zone to take away forney & it opened up the outside & backcuts.ill take an unimpressive forney any nite.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4