LU vs Corpus Christi/Lamar loses 81-64

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Does LU stand a chance?  The Beaumont Enterprise gives 7 reasons why LU will win tonight.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/seven_reasons_lu_s_7-game_road_slide_will_end.html

Man Coop you have not said one good thing about LU lately... Whats the deal. They have improved every game since our big road trip. I do not think they are a bad team and they are starting to peak at the right time. I think that we will win 7 conference games.

Guest coachacola
LU actually shot over 50% for the game, better than A&M-CC.  Miles had a sub-par game, LU got out-rebounded and didn't shoot very well from the free throw line.  This team is making improvements, and with the bench consisting mostly of true freshmen, they'll keep improving.  I'm not expecting a miracle ending to the season, but steady improvement would be great.

If you take a look at the best teams in the SLC, they are being led by mostly seniors and juniors.  LU is being led by 1 senior, a couple of juniors (who are new to the team), and the rest sophomores and freshmen.  This is definitely a rebuilding year for LU.

[font=Courier]Call it like I see it...I am not sugar-coating this team like other sportswriters....

What's so bad about this statement: Better win all slc home games because it looks as if they will 0-fer on the road?

Lamar is 10-1 at home and 0-8 on the road. Am I missing something?

LU has 6 more conf home games and 6 more road games. If that trend holds true, the Cards will finish 8-8. Nothing negative there. Is that enough for the tourney? Are you happy with them just making the tourney or did they need to grab the auto NCAA spot for this to be a succesful season?

Nabors has played big as has Harris and Miles. Call it like I see it. Play well at home. Need to grab some road wins.[/font]

Nothing wrong at all with your statement Coop. As seen the LU Predictions thread I bumped from pre-season, I picked LU to go 16-16 and 6-10. So if they go 8-8 I would consider it a big success this year. Problem is I don't see them winning on the road and several of the remaining home games are against tough teams that the Cards will have a lot of trouble with. Remember folks, this team has 2 SLC wins, both at home, both close, close games against bad teams! If you can't put away the bad teams at home...What do you really think they will do against the good teams at home?

The future looks bright. Love the impact that Minor has had on this team as a true Fish(could be that lock down perimeter defender LU hasn't had in a long time). And Brown getting meaningful PT is also great. Getting Miles off the point next year will be a plus for Miles and LU. He could be a league MVP before he is done and Harper will put up the numbers Nabors is on the boards and in points, and maybe more because he is developing a legit outside game. Also think Lopez needs to get more PT. He handles the ball well, is super fast, and seems to be the only PG we have that has no problem making the entry pass to the post. Which has driven me insane for several years now. We have had SG at PG the last 4 years and they appeared to be hesitant to make the pass down low. Lopez sees the court well and gets the ball in to the post before the defense reacts. he also doesn't appear to be lacking in confidence in making the pass. Tell me I am not alone in this thinking.

Guest coachacola
Badndn, you've pretty much nailed it.  I doubt Lamar will win all their remaining home games so they'll need to win a few road games and hope they can make the SLC tourney at 7-9 or 6-10.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="747909" timestamp="1264176945"]
7-9 should get them in the tourney. Plus I think they can beat Texas State and Northwestern State on the road. They should be close to 7-9 in SLC play.
[/quote]
They will not beat TS on the road. To beat TS the Cards will have to outgun them and if this season has taught me anything it is that they aint outgunning anybody on the road. NWS on the road I could see.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I the only person left that thinks we should compete for the league championship every year?  We've been losing for so long that everyone thinks 8-8 in the weak Southland is good???  I like the fact that Coop doesn't sugar coat things.  The fact is we are not any good.  The fact is the future does not look bright.  The fact is the players we have just aren't very good.

Can't we lure Marlin away from Sam or Kaspar away from SFA?  Isn't Tim Floyd looking for a job.  I, for one, am sick and tired of us being so pathetic.  Last year was the first year in 30+ years that I didn't go to an LU basketball game.  And I'm not going back until we have something worth watching.

That said, I am definitely going to see the women this year.  What a fantastic job Tidwell has done with that program!!!  Hey, there is another idea.  I wonder how Tidwell would do heading up the men's program? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Castaway57
    Newest Member
    Castaway57