H-J at Silsbee Game 1

Guest A-TOWN

shackbully you are right.........however, others will tell you that it has only had to do with donahoe, bernard, and now turner........oh wait......swag said we only had turner at the beginning of the season but now we BETTER put prudhomme in if we want to win.  Hmmmmmmm could it be a combination of many things that make them great?????

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only said put the sophomore In so he can top off the starting 5. I mean ya'll already have The Best players at 3 positions, then we all know about Turner. Soo if he gets the start then Silsbee should be No match for that starting 5. That would be the  best starting 5 in TX. Lol

Guest SteelerFan05
Silsbee's Top 5 Scoring - with Pheal Hill

Pheal Hill                  20 avg.
Prentice Lane           16 avg.
D.C. Stallworth         14 avg.
Avory Thomas          12 avg.
Kendrick Jones           8 avg.

Silsbee's Top 5 Scoring - 2 games without Pheal Hill

Prentice Lane            16 avg.
Avory Thomas           13 avg.
Kelton Gaines            10 avg.
D.C. Stallworth          9  avg.
Kendrick Jones           7  avg.

It seems that Kelton Gaines has helped out with the loss of Hill

Another person to mention is X Harris
If one of those starting 5 get hurt look for X Harris to come in off the bench and make some points

Even without Hill this should be an exciting game

(If the avg was .5 or higher I rounded it up)

[quote name="SteelerFan05" post="751110" timestamp="1264716024"]
It seems that Kelton Gaines has helped out with the loss of Hill

Another person to mention is X Harris
If one of those starting 5 get hurt look for X Harris to come in off the bench and make some points

Even without Hill this should be an exciting game

(If the avg was .5 or higher I rounded it up)
[/quote]If I were Silsbee, I would be less worried about the loss of Hill's 20 points (Silsbee has a benchful of players who can fill that bill) and worry more about the defensive that Pheal could have put on Turner or Gus.  He is a beast on defense and can take his man out of the offense.

That's the true value of Hill.  His point output and leadership are simply icing on the cake.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="751128" timestamp="1264717926"]
Actually Poppabear is the BIGGEST HJ fan by size!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[b]Not sure of the averages but Turner[/b], Sutherland, Ricossa, Gustafson, Prudhomme in that order would be my guess!!!!
[/quote]

Since my daughter plays for HJ I haven't been to many of the boys games. But the 2 games I did go to Turner averaged about 35 per game. Anyway, I saw both games against Kountze!! ;D

1 thing that Swag knows for sure is that the Coaches won't be out there playing. Silsbee is better on paper. That's better Players and Coaches. This is my opinion and I'm entitled  to 1. But you may be right Hawkette. Hj should win because not only do they have the best PG, big man and "Shooter" they also have the best coaches. Wow, Silsbee don't have a chance against these Hawks. Their Just the best! ;-)

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="swag" post="751174" timestamp="1264727023"]
1 thing that Swag knows for sure is that the Coaches won't be out there playing. Silsbee is better on paper. That's better Players and Coaches. This is my opinion and I'm entitled  to 1. But you may be right Hawkette. Hj should win because not only do they have the best PG, big man and "Shooter" they also have the best coaches. Wow, Silsbee don't have a chance against these Hawks. Their Just the best! ;-)
[/quote]
[img]http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4597330/80870-main_Full.jpg[/img]

When you roll a ball out in a summer league game athletisism usually wins.When you add coaches it's all about matchups and adjustments.It's no coincidence that HJ repeatedly comes back from 10 point Kountze runs or 18 point WOS runs.Come on folks look at the bench if you want the answers.The HJ staff gets more out of their clubs than any I've ever seen.This will be a close ball game with the club that hits their free throws winning it.I bet both staffs (which are good) knew who that would be.

I'm Curious, where were those games played at?? :D :D :D
Its amazing how they played Central and New Waverly elsewhere and those coaches weren't so great then. I'm just saying! :-) ;D

[quote name="swag" post="751174" timestamp="1264727023"]
[/quote]Once you get past the comments and opinions of a select few, Swag, you gotta realize that over the years, Silsbee has had a more athletic team.  They've had the advantage in height and jumping ability.  They've always had the shooters to rival the Hawks, as well.  With all that said, the Hawks consistently hang with the Tigers.

How is this so, brother?

[quote name="swag" post="751189" timestamp="1264728841"]
Its amazing how they played Central and New Waverly elsewhere and those coaches weren't so great then. I'm just saying! :-) ;D
[/quote]According to your logic, what do you make of the big number "2" in the Lions loss column?

Now, I'm not sayin'..... but I'm just sayin'.......  ;D

They probably didn't forget how to coach at Central or New Waverly.When you deal with 17 and 18 year old kids you're never gonna win em all.The really good coaches will take their 5 and beat you.They can also take you're 5 and beat you.That's what they have in common,they win wherever they go.

[quote name="Hugh Jass" post="751336" timestamp="1264776162"]
42-40 Tigers.  Silsbee reinstates the 4 corner stall
[/quote]...... and gets booed out of the stadium by their own fans........

I think the Silsbee AND the HJ players would rather have their front eye-teeth removed than to resort to stalling.  These are quarter-horses, Hugh, not Clydesdale's!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="751339" timestamp="1264776475"]
[quote author=Hugh Jass link=topic=65266.msg751336#msg751336 date=1264776162]
[/quote]

No stall, but you could see Silsbee spread it out. ;)
[/quote]The moment they start doing that, they risk losing their offensive chemistry.  Without that, all the gears fall off.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="751341" timestamp="1264776571"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=65266.msg751339#msg751339 date=1264776475]
[quote author=Hugh Jass link=topic=65266.msg751336#msg751336 date=1264776162]
[/quote]

No stall, but you could see Silsbee spread it out. ;)
[/quote]The moment they start doing that, they risk losing their offensive chemistry.  Without that, all the gears fall off.
[/quote]

You sir obviously didn't see the Orangefield/Silsbee game. ;)

[quote name="swag" post="751189" timestamp="1264728841"]
[/quote]

It was good seeing you last night swag! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats