H-J at Silsbee Game 1

Guest A-TOWN

[quote name="swag" post="750871" timestamp="1264691486"]
Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.
[/quote]Turner, Ricossa, Gustafson, Sutherland, and either Venable or Prudomme (the sophomore you're talking about).  You're right, though, Prudomme will need to be at his best tonight.  The problem is, he can be a double-edged sword out there on the court.  Dude is gonna be a HUGE part of HJ's future, however.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.[/quote]

u know who start for hj! same weak and small group that beat yall to times

Guest ann tagon eyes
Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.
[/quote][img]http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images/midget-basketball.jp[/img]

That sophomore length and athleticism is definitely gonna be huge at the beginning of the game. Silsbee will come out with a lot of emotions. That let down in Hunstville is still on their minds.If Hj can weather the storm and withstand Silsbee bully mentally they will have at the beginning of the game then it should be a good game. If they don't and get down early its going to be a long night.

[quote]That sophomore length and athleticism is definitely gonna be huge at the beginning of the game. Silsbee will come out with a lot of emotions. That let down in Hunstville is still on their minds.If Hj can weather the storm and withstand Silsbee bully mentally they will have at the beginning of the game then it should be a good game. If they don't and get down early its going to be a long night.[/quote]

2 moths ago turner the only player hj got an now you all over this soph make up ur mind what you wnat o i no what you want nevermind it ovious

All I'm saying is he is the only other player with height and athleticism that can help on the boards. He is long and can jump. Hj  will need him against Silsbee. Silsbee will start 3 6'6s dude. So u can be hard headed if you want. They don't respect anyone but Turner. Silsbee has 10 athletes that will get after it. Hj has? Umm 2. Sutherland can start small if he want. He better put some height and someone who can bang with them.

so now u kno more than Southerland what is best for his team

silsbee always got more athletes than hj whats the record tho

takes more than athletes to win a game

Yeah but the shooter is no Bernard and the PG darn sure isn't no Donahoe. Those players pictures are in front of that gym. You talking bout all-state players, state Championship players, 3a player of the year players. I dont see any current players on that roster with that on their resume or  that has that potential to be. Trust me, those 2 had plenty to do with those wins hj has gotten in the past.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="750862" timestamp="1264690384"]
AAW will have that info........if I remember Silsbee won at HJ by like 8-10 and HJ won at Silsbee by like 2-4 and Silsbee won 3rd game at PNG by like 5-7!!!  I could be wrong on all 3........I just remember who wins!!!

[/quote]

You asked and you shall recieve. Here are the scores from last years games:

1st game  65-55 Silsbee
2nd game  67-64  HJ
3rd game  62-50  Silsbee

Both teams won at the opponents place, third game was played at PNG.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="750929" timestamp="1264697291"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=65266.msg750862#msg750862 date=1264690384]
AAW will have that info........if I remember Silsbee won at HJ by like 8-10 and HJ won at Silsbee by like 2-4 and Silsbee won 3rd game at PNG by like 5-7!!!  I could be wrong on all 3........I just remember who wins!!!

[/quote]

You asked and you shall recieve. Here are the scores from last years games:

1st game   65-55 Silsbee
2nd game  67-64  HJ
3rd game   62-50  Silsbee

Both teams won at the opponents place, third game was played at PNG.
[/quote]

5 or 7 plus 5 or 7  ;D

Hey Hj I have a question for yall. When yall lose to Silsbee tomorrow night will it be because of what Silsbee did, or What Hj didn't do? Lol. This is interesting!

[quote name="swag" post="750951" timestamp="1264698627"]
Hey Hj I have a question for yall. When yall lose to Silsbee tomorrow night will it be because of what Silsbee did, or What Hj didn't do? Lol. This is interesting!
[/quote]

Obviously what HJ did not do!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="750955" timestamp="1264698979"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=65266.msg750951#msg750951 date=1264698627]
[/quote]

Obviously what HJ did not do!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]
It would be because they did not win? ???

Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. [b]Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee[/b]. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.
[/quote]

I will admit that Silsbee will give HJ alot more match-up problems than Kountze ever could. Kountze had several 10 point runs during the last game against HJ only to have HJ put 10 point runs right back at them. Silsbee is too good to think you can overcome that several times in one game. HJ loses their post in the Kountze game with 4 min left in the 4th quarter and it made absolutely no difference in the outcome of the game. That would not be the case in the Silsbee game. They will find a way to take advantage of the situation. For HJ to win they will need to be better than either game they played against Kountze.

The more I think about Hj chances to win this game are getting better. I was doing my research and I found these statements; Hj has the best PG in Setx. Hj has the best big man in the Setx. Hj has the best shooter in all of Texas. I feel sorry for Silsbee who only has a 5a size team, very athletic and deep. I guess Silsbee PG has to take a back seat to Hj's.  I feel sorry for P. Lane who can't out shoot the "shooter" and for Silsbee bigs. Like all of them. Yall don't have a chance because Hj has 1 who can't dunk but will give all of ya'll the business because he has been crowned as the Best big man in Setx. Even though yall average more rebounds, blks, and points then the their best Big. Not to forget Turner. With the best Big 3 at their positions along with Turner I guess yall don't have a chance...Hj by a lot I guess

[quote name="shackbully" post="750973" timestamp="1264700782"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=65266.msg750871#msg750871 date=1264691486]
Who starts for Hj? If that sophomore isn't on the court at the beginning of the game then Silsbee is gonna jump all on Hj early. [b]Hj starting 5 is too weak and small for Silsbee[/b]. Silsbee goes on a 10-0 run untill the subs come in.
[/quote]

I will admit that Silsbee will give HJ alot more match-up problems than Kountze ever could. Kountze had several 10 point runs during the last game against HJ only to have HJ put 10 point runs right back at them. Silsbee is too good to think you can overcome that several times in one game. HJ loses their post in the Kountze game with 4 min left in the 4th quarter and it made absolutely no difference in the outcome of the game. That would not be the case in the Silsbee game. They will find a way to take advantage of the situation. For HJ to win they will need to be better than either game they played against Kountze.

[/quote]
Well HJ had to play there best game to top Kountze... I dont see HJ playin better than they did against Kountze.

[quote name="shackbully" post="750973" timestamp="1264700782"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Those 10 points runs have gone on for the past 3 (or more) years between these two teams.  Silsbee busted out 18-0 in the Regional Finals in 2008, only to have HJ come back and take a 6 point lead, before Silsbee rallied and one by 10 (or more).  

That's what determines where your guts are - how you handle the 10 point runs.  For instance, the 21-6 point opening that Kountze had against HJ could have caused a lesser team to roll over and give up.  I'll admit, some of the fans in Sour Lake thought that (my wife was one of them).  But Sutherland has taught those players to never-say-die.  Back in 2007, during their State Run, HJ had to overcome a double-digit deficit in all 6 of their play-off games.  The average deficit was 14 points.  

HJ will need to overcome one or two of those 10 point runs this Friday Night in order to win.

[quote name="swag" post="750951" timestamp="1264698627"]
[/quote]

here's my question... IF HJ somehow wins against silsbee, will it because of something they did, or something silsbee didn't do?  or because of the refs?  or because Hill can't play?

Guest ann tagon eyes
[quote name="bullets13" post="751034" timestamp="1264705232"]
[quote author=swag link=topic=65266.msg750951#msg750951 date=1264698627]
[/quote]

here's my question... IF HJ somehow wins against silsbee, will it because of something they did, or something silsbee didn't do?  or because of the refs?  or because Hill can't play?
[/quote] ;D

Let me answer this again. None of the above. If HJ wins  it would be because of the obvious. They have the best PG, Big man, and "Shooter" in Setx. That's why!! 

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="751031" timestamp="1264705037"]
[quote author=shackbully link=topic=65266.msg750973#msg750973 date=1264700782]
[/quote]

[/quote]Those 10 points runs have gone on for the past 3 (or more) years between these two teams.  Silsbee busted out 18-0 in the Regional Finals in 2008, only to have HJ come back and take a 6 point lead, before Silsbee rallied and one by 10 (or more).  

That's what determines where your guts are - how you handle the 10 point runs.  For instance, the 21-6 point opening that Kountze had against HJ could have caused a lesser team to roll over and give up.  I'll admit, some of the fans in Sour Lake thought that (my wife was one of them).  But Sutherland has taught those players to never-say-die.  Back in 2007, during their State Run, HJ had to overcome a double-digit deficit in all 6 of their play-off games.  The average deficit was 14 points.  

[b]HJ will need to overcome one or two of those 10 point runs this Friday Night in order to win[/b].
[/quote]

I agree and think HJ will, or hope they will. What I have noticed about HJ thru the years is they seem to do whatever it takes to win. I'm not saying they win them all, but they rise to the occasion more often than not.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4