SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show/TONIGHT @ 6:00!!!!!

Join Joey Vincent and Mike Sanchez TONIGHT at the Hamburger Depot on Neches St. in downtown Beaumont as we will have a special edition of the SETXsports Weekly High School Preview show tonight at 6pm!! We will cover the local basketball scene in the first hour and then in the second hour we will do a recap of this mornings realignment announcement. We will also have on some special guests tonight to get their opinions and perspective on the new realignment.

Show will start at 6pm and will run to 8pm.

Click the link provided to listen in on all the local talk of basketball and the realignment.

SETXsports Weekly High School Preview Show, TONIGHT LIVE at the Hamburger Depot!!!!

http://setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200:setxsports-show-live&catid=72:shows&Itemid=152

Guest Two-Dogs...
Please talk about why you guys ranked LCM above PNG in the 5A/4A rankings when PNG has beaten LCM by a double figure margin twice in district play this year. ;)

Not that the rankings matter, just want to try and understand the logic. Also please talk about the possibilities for the playoffs in 20-4A and potential extra games to decide who goes and who doesn't.

HoopInsider 5A/4A - Next update Feb. 7
1. PA Memorial (20-3); LW: 1
2. Ozen (15-8); LW: 3
3. Nederland (14-13); LW: 2
4. West Brook (16-8); LW: 4
5. Central (10-14); LW: 5
6. Barbers Hill (19-9); LW: 7
7. Livingston (11-15); LW: 8
[glow=purple,2,300]8. LC-M (16-13); LW: 6[/glow]
[glow=purple,2,300]9. PN-G (16-9); LW: 10[/glow]
10. Crosby (10-17); LW: 9

[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="753219" timestamp="1265057152"]
Please talk about why you guys ranked LCM above PNG in the 5A/4A rankings when PNG has beaten LCM by a double figure margin twice in district play this year. ;)

Not that the rankings matter, just want to try and understand the logic. Also please talk about the possibilities for the playoffs in 20-4A and potential extra games to decide who goes and who doesn't.

HoopInsider 5A/4A - Next update Feb. 7
1. PA Memorial (20-3); LW: 1
2. Ozen (15-8); LW: 3
3. Nederland (14-13); LW: 2
4. West Brook (16-8); LW: 4
5. Central (10-14); LW: 5
6. Barbers Hill (19-9); LW: 7
7. Livingston (11-15); LW: 8
[glow=purple,2,300]8. LC-M (16-13); LW: 6[/glow]
[glow=purple,2,300]9. PN-G (16-9); LW: 10[/glow]
10. Crosby (10-17); LW: 9

[/quote]

I agree that rankings don't matter but if what you say is true(PNG has beaten LCM by double digits twice) and the records on this post are accurate I cannot imagine how someone would rank them this way. 

Guest Two-Dogs...
1st District game which was at LCM the Indians won 52-42
1st game of 2nd round of district play at the reservation PNG won 47-34

That's why I want them to discuss it. I can actually see how it would be that way but then you are banking on some things that haven't happened yet.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="753225" timestamp="1265057891"]
[font=Courier]Kansas State beat Texas but somehow is ranked behind the Longhorns.

It will all work itself out.[/font]
[/quote]

I'm really not complaining, I am just trying to understand it.

AAW, I saw some scoring and rebounding stats for last Fridays game that pitted Silsbee vs HJ but never saw anything about turnovers or free throw percentage.I noticed a lot of folks that seem to think the win gives the Tigers a shot at a state playoff berth.I've gone to a ton of regional tournaments and state tournaments and I don't think either club will win the region with the turnovers and poor ft shooting they had alst week.What do you think and more importantly what did Travis and Todd think about the performance?

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="ST4life" post="753352" timestamp="1265070325"]
Do you think Silsbee should have took the #4 spot that HJ had instead of getting the #5 spot?
[/quote]

Yes

[quote name="ST4life" post="753378" timestamp="1265072686"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=65482.msg753362#msg753362 date=1265071363]
Talk about them Nederland Bulldogs!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]what about them  :D
[/quote]

Coming through to get the win in 2OT against PN-G to remain 2nd in district.  ;) Go Dogs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham