lcm 63-51 ned

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="754651" timestamp="1265227915"]
Ned could still easily finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th and miss the playoffs.
[/quote]
Mathematically they could finish anywhere from 2-5 but not easily.  Look at remaining schedule:
Nederland and Central are 2 games ahead of 5th place with four games remaining. 

[font=Verdana]Central[/font](7-3 in district):  Nederland; @ Ozen; Livingston; and @ PNG.  Central has the toughest schedule remaining.  They are also the toughest to predict since any of the four teams have at time shown the ability to play.  If they play consistently they finish 10-4 but if not could drop as low as 9-5. 

[color=goldenrod]Nederland[/color](7-3): @ Central; Livingston; @ Vidor; Lumberton.  Nederland has the best schedule remaining .  I see them finishing 10-4 at best and at worst  9-5.     

[color=green]Livingston[/color](6-4):  LCM; @ Nederland; @ Central; Vidor.  IMO with LCM, Nederland, and Central all in a row, they have the 2nd toughest schedule remaining. I see them finishing 8-6 or if the stars align 9-5. 

[color=green]LCM[/color](5-5): @ Livingston; Vidor; @ Lumberton; @ Ozen .  LCM  cannot afford to lose a game and with two tough road games @ Livingston and Ozen,  I  don’t see them winning out.  I see them finishing at 7-7 or at best 8-6. 

[color=purple]PNG[/color] is 4-6 with Ozen and Central as their last two games.  They are only spoilers at this point and would need a miracle to make it to 4th.
Final standings predictions based on remaining schedule:
1) Ozen
2/3) Central and Nederland tie
4) Livingston
LCM could sneak into a tie for 4th but will need some help to do so.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="754786" timestamp="1265239006"]
Thanks for working all that out but Lumberton and vidor have both proven to have the ability to sneak up on you. But I do agree with your predictions.
[/quote]

IMO....If Nederland loses more than two of the final four games then they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.  I don't think they will but your right they can't look past anyone and have to come to play every game.  Consistency has been ours and every other team but Ozens downfall this year.   

ok, here it goes.  In 7th and 8th, lumberton and vidor.  That is pretty much a wrap. PNG could theoretically take 5th but with their remaining schedule it is only conceivable that they will finish 6th.  Ozen takes 1st. So if we are to ASSUME that the remaining teams will beat the bottom 3, the standings begin to look like this

2. Nederland (9-3) plus central and livingston
3. Central (8-4) plus ned and livingston
4. Livingston (7-5) Plus LCM, ned and central
5. LCM      (7-6) plus livingston

What this means is that:
1. with an LCM victory friday, Livingston (because of having lost twice to LCM) will most likely have to beat central and nederland, and hope central loses to ned.  Then you have 3 teams tied for 3rd and i'm not sure how that works out.
2. with a livingston victory, LCM will need to win out (including Ozen) and hope that livingston loses against ned and central, once again creating a three way tie.

Of course these are some pretty big assumptions...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4