Angelina vs. Alvin, Tuesday, Feb. 2nd

EAGLE07

AC Roadrunners lose game #1, 10-8.
Austin Robson (fr-Clear Creek) w/ the loss. Ryan Bonnot (fr-Woodlands) solid in relief w/ 3+ shutout innings.
Ryan Gunhouse (fr-Clear Creek ) w/ a 2-run HR.
AC led early at 4-2 until the bottom fell out in the 4th. Down 10-4, Roadrunners battled back to make it 10-8 in the bottom of the 7th w/ bases loaded. Beaumont Central's Kenny Allison flied out deep, just missing a walk-off grand slam by a couple of feet.

AC bounces back to take the 2nd game, 3-1 behind the pitching of Beaumont Ozen's DD Lott. Lott throws 4 2/3 innings of shoutout baseball. JW Gaecke ( soph LH, Deer Park) gets the save by giving up one run in 2 1/3 innings of relief.

Roadrunners now 2-2 on the season. At home Saturday for a doubleheader against McLennan.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="755074" timestamp="1265301786"]
Gunhouse is a beast! Looks like y'all should be pretty stout this Spring.
[/quote]

Gunhouse can mash the baseball that's for sure. If the Roadrunners can stay healthy, they should be very solid. Defense looks good at every position. May have lost a little power at the plate compared to last year but should hit for average better. Many good strong arms. John Tatum(soph-Lufkin) who did not throw last year coming back from an injury looked very good in the opener giving up 1 run in 5 innings. DD Lott( B. Ozen ) looked very solid from the left side on Tuesday against Alvin, 4 2/3 IP, 1R. Ryan Bonnot, lefty from the Woodlands started his juco career by throwing 2 1/3 innings of shutout baseball in relief. Freshmen Lance Wheeler ( Channelview), Austin Robson ( Clear Creek), Chase Greening ( Lufkin) and Nick Wright ( Belton ) will see innings on the bump. Kendall Thamm, sophmore lefty from Barbers Hill who has signed w/ Louisiana_Monroe next year has looked very strong recently in bullpen sessions and earlier this week throwing live BP.  Thamm is returning from Oct. 15th ulnar nerve surgery and could possibly throw 2-3 innings this Saturday in his debut. JW Gaecke, lefty from Deer Park had 8 saves last year and picked up his first of 2010 Tuesday. I'm sure I've missed someone. My apologies.
GO ROADRUNNERS !

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="755099" timestamp="1265304617"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65610.msg755074#msg755074 date=1265301786]
[/quote]

Gunhouse can mash the baseball that's for sure. If the Roadrunners can stay healthy, they should be very solid. Defense looks good at every position. May have lost a little power at the plate compared to last year but should hit for average better. Many good strong arms. John Tatum(soph-Lufkin) who did not throw last year coming back from an injury looked very good in the opener giving up 1 run in 5 innings. DD Lott( B. Ozen ) looked very solid from the left side on Tuesday against Alvin, 4 2/3 IP, 1R. Ryan Bonnot, lefty from the Woodlands started his juco career by throwing 2 1/3 innings of shutout baseball in relief. Freshmen Lance Wheeler ( Channelview), Austin Robson ( Clear Creek), Chase Greening ( Lufkin) and Nick Wright ( Belton ) will see innings on the bump. Kendall Thamm, sophmore lefty from Barbers Hill who has signed w/ Louisiana_Monroe next year has looked very strong recently in bullpen sessions and earlier this week throwing live BP.  Thamm is returning from Oct. 15th ulnar nerve surgery and could possibly throw 2-3 innings this Saturday in his debut. JW Gaecke, lefty from Deer Park had 8 saves last year and picked up his first of 2010 Tuesday. I'm sure I've missed someone. My apologies.
GO ROADRUNNERS !
[/quote]

Will Gunhouse be the primary catcher? Will he get any work on the mound? I know they worked with him some in Beaumont and he could bring the gas!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="755103" timestamp="1265305405"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=65610.msg755099#msg755099 date=1265304617]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65610.msg755074#msg755074 date=1265301786]
[/quote]

GO ROADRUNNERS !
[/quote]

Will Gunhouse be the primary catcher? Will he get any work on the mound? I know they worked with him some in Beaumont and he could bring the gas!
[/quote]

Gunnhouse, AKA "Gunney" as  his teamates call him has been playing right field. I don't think he has thrown any....that could change. The catcher position is solid w/ Tommy Henk ( Huffman), Todd Wallace  from
B. Westbrook and Chris Jones ( A&M Consolidated). Great to see Wallace healthy. Kid missed his SR year at Westbrook and freshman year @ AC w/ knee injuries.  I look for Gunhouse to stay in RF and DH if he isn't on the field.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou