Question

Bobcat1

That's a good question.

This is personal opinion only: I think there is a possiblity of the college adding more sports, but that is not likely in the next few years.

The is the sixth season of intercollegiate sports at Lamar State, and progress is slowly being made. I think the college will wait until the men's basketball and women's softball programs are better established before starting to think about adding more sports.

Region XIV schools also have the following sports:
women's basketball
women's soccer,
women's volleyball
men's baseball
men's football
men's soccer

The most important factor in deciding to start a new sport is having a facilty or field to accomodate the sport.

Women's basketball or volleyball would need a practice facility. Games and matches could be played in the Carl Parker Center.

There is enough land to set up a soccer field near the former Woodrow Wilson Middle School. PAISD's Board of Trusttees would have to agree to lease the area to the college.

Adding baseball would be much harder because the college doesn't have a baseball field, and I'm not sure there is a baseball field near the school that we could use.

So, there's your answer: more sports at LSC-PA - maybe; soon - not likley.

Out of curiosity, I checked some of the other schools in Region XIV and found that some of them offer other sports than the ones I already listed.

Lon Morris has track and cross-country. Both are co-ed sports.

Northeast Texas Community College, Panola College and Trinity Valley Community College have rodeo.

Paris Junior College has men's golf.

Texarkana and Tyler Junior College have men's and women's golf.

Tyler Junior College has men's and women's tennis.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4