Baytown Lee's Coaches Discuss Going to 4A

bh89-2

Who Wins District 19-4A?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins District 19-4A?

• Dayton
    • Other

My hind leg the game was out of hand when Richardson scored his td's.
He dominated the game.
His punt return in the 4th quarter brought Lee to within two scores.
Lee got the ball back and inexplicably did not have him in the game, down two scores with about 8 minutes to go.

Lee was in the game deep into the 4th quarter, so those were not meaningless touchdowns.
He is too good for high school cornerbacks.

The reason he didn't do much against North Shore is because the NS defense was simply too fast for the Lee offense to have time to get him the ball.

Go back and look at the film of Lee and Clear Creek when Clear Creek put two guys on Jaevon at the line of scrimmage.  I've never in my life have seen a defense put double coverage on a receiver like that right at the line of scrimmage.  Looked like a punt return, with the outside gunners being doubled up.

So, don't try to diminish what this kid is all about.
Were you even at the game?  Shouldn't you have been watching the GCM game that night?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="panamamyers" post="758192" timestamp="1265846954"]
My hind leg the game was out of hand when Richardson scored his td's.
He dominated the game.
His punt return in the 4th quarter brought Lee to within two scores.
Lee got the ball back and inexplicably did not have him in the game, down two scores with about 8 minutes to go.

Lee was in the game deep into the 4th quarter, so those were not meaningless touchdowns.
He is too good for high school cornerbacks.

The reason he didn't do much against North Shore is because the NS defense was simply too fast for the Lee offense to have time to get him the ball.

Go back and look at the film of Lee and Clear Creek when Clear Creek put two guys on Jaevon at the line of scrimmage.  I've never in my life have seen a defense put double coverage on a receiver like that right at the line of scrimmage.  Looked like a punt return, with the outside gunners being doubled up.

So, don't try to diminish what this kid is all about.
Were you even at the game?  Shouldn't you have been watching the GCM game that night?
[/quote]

PDM -- Nathan Mourik 14-yard pass from Brian Schultz (Antonio Cabrera kick), 05:21, 1st.
PDM -- Antonio Cabrera 41-yard field goal, 00:16, 1st.
PDM -- Brian Schultz 2-yard run (Antonio Cabrera kick), 03:09, 2nd.
BTL -- Jaevon Richardson 47-yard pass from Daniel Guzman (Emmanuel Torres kick), 01:53, 2nd.
PDM -- Jarmaine Pettway 7-yard run (kick failed), 00:26, 2nd.
PDM -- Thaddyeus Stewart 31-yard run (Antonio Cabrera kick), 09:08, 3rd.
BTL -- Jaevon Richardson 23-yard pass from Malcolm Ruben (John Salinas from Malcolm Ruben), 07:30, 3rd.
PDM -- Daniel Talavera 39-yard pass from Brian Schultz (Antonio Cabrera kick), 02:39, 3rd.
BTL -- Jaevon Richardson 81-yard punt return (Dandrick Jackson run), 09:27, 4th.
PDM -- Jacolby Hopkins 12-yard run (Antonio Cabrera kick), 05:52, 4th.
BTL -- Jaevon Richardson 13-yard pass from Malcolm Ruben (Emmanuel Torres kick), 02:34, 4th.
PDM -- Brian Schultz 3-yard run (Antonio Cabrera kick), 01:12, 4th.
BTL -- Jaevon Richardson 64-yard pass from Malcolm Ruben (Emmanuel Torres kick), 00:49, 4th.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="panamamyers" post="758229" timestamp="1265852460"]
So, you're telling me you weren't at the game, yet you are trying to speak about what happened at the game.
This is rich.
[/quote]

The process by which a conclusion is inferred from multiple observations is called inductive reasoning. The conclusion may be correct or incorrect, or correct to within a certain degree of accuracy, or correct in certain situations. Conclusions inferred from multiple observations may be tested by additional observations.

You specifically stated that Memorial was in control of the game, trying to give your argument a little more firepower.  I'm sure everyone here assumed you were at the game.

Aside from your observations of Richardson, which I doubt you were at the North Shore game either for that matter.
You were giving an observation of a game(Memorial) that you were not attending.

You also said that Memorial had the worst defense in a bad district, when in fact they had the 4th best defense in a bad district.
Pearland gave up 9 points a game in district, DP gave up 10, LaPorte gave up 14 and Memorial gave up 16.

Again, you are just pulling stuff out of thin air trying to strengthen your argument.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="panamamyers" post="758240" timestamp="1265853870"]
You specifically stated that Memorial was in control of the game, trying to give your argument a little more firepower.  I'm sure everyone here assumed you were at the game.

Aside from your observations of Richardson, which I doubt you were at the North Shore game either for that matter.
You were giving an observation of a game(Memorial) that you were not attending.

You also said that Memorial had the worst defense in a bad district, when in fact they had the 4th best defense in a bad district.
Pearland gave up 9 points a game in district, DP gave up 10, LaPorte gave up 14 and Memorial gave up 16.

Again, you are just pulling stuff out of thin air trying to strengthen your argument.
[/quote]
You caught me! I did not attend the Lee playoff game. I am so embarrassed. I relied on information upon which I drew infreneces. With all the information that is available these days (world wide web, newpapers, sports forums, etc..), I guess I let my judgement get clouded. Lee should have won that game. It appears they just ran out of time.
I have posted the [b]Total [/b] Defense numbers for 22-5A, I am sorry. You are correct again. P. Memorial was not the worst team based on [b]Scoring[/b] Defense (I do realize that these numbers take into account that some schools played more than 10 games). I again, stand corrected.

Team Scoring Defense Leaders  
G: Games Pts: Total points allowed
PPG: Points allowed per game

[b]Team                                 G     Pts       PPG [/b]
Pearland                       11     130      11.8  
Deer Park                      11     153     13.9  
La Porte                        12     205     17.1  
Pasadena Dobie              10     217      21.7  
Pasadena Memorial          12     225     18.8  
Pasadena South Houston  10     260     26.0  
Pasadena Rayburn           10     316     31.6  
Pasadena                      10     373      37.3

From now on take I will take people's opinions on this forum with a grain of salt. You just never know.

LOL
There is your strawman again.
No one said Lee deserved to win.  Lee should have lost that game, just like they did.
They were in it deep into the 4th quarter though.

Why would you take all of the games the teams in 22-5A played?
That doesn't make any sense.
It would be a more fair comparison to take district games so we can see how they do against common opponents.

Either way, the 37 points they gave up to Lee was the most they gave up all year.

Could you guys chill with the big words and statistics I'm sure the Dayton and Crosby folks are having a hard time keeping up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rumor is that Dayton's 7th and 8th graders could take the varsity district next year, so why even worry :D

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="758619" timestamp="1265914519"]
Its so funny when people talk about the 6th,7th,8th,and 9th grade teams..Crosby won district and that group of kids may have won a total of 6 games from there 7th-9th grade...
[/quote]

Purple forever will straighten you out he has proven mathmatical formulas that will show how a 8th grade district champ equals a varsity state title ;D ;D ;D Its like Gore talking about Global Warming :o

[quote name="BHFAN" post="758611" timestamp="1265913562"]
Could you guys chill with the big words and [b]statistics [/b] I'm sure the Dayton and Crosby folks are having a hard time keeping up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rumor is that Dayton's 7th and 8th graders could take the varsity district next year, so why even worry :D
[/quote]

What does statistics mean??   ;D ;D

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="758619" timestamp="1265914519"]
Its so funny when people talk about the 6th,7th,8th,and 9th grade teams..Crosby won district and that group of kids may have won a total of 6 games from there 7th-9th grade...
[/quote]

the success at the lower grades has been a good measuring stick for Dayton for the past decade plus. I know it doesn't hold water everywhere but it's been a good indicator here.

[quote name="dayton" post="758627" timestamp="1265915104"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65677.msg758611#msg758611 date=1265913562]
Could you guys chill with the big words and [b]statistics [/b] I'm sure the Dayton and Crosby folks are having a hard time keeping up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

The science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements. :o

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="758658" timestamp="1265919104"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65677.msg758627#msg758627 date=1265915104]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The science that deals with the collection, classification, analysis, and interpretation of numerical facts or data, and that, by use of mathematical theories of probability, imposes order and regularity on aggregates of more or less disparate elements. :o

[/quote]

Plus, they NEVER lie! ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="758668" timestamp="1265919698"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65677.msg758658#msg758658 date=1265919104]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=65677.msg758627#msg758627 date=1265915104]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Plus, they NEVER lie! ;D
[/quote]

If you bend them enough they do  ;D

Throw away all the reasoning,theories,mathematical reasons 14 yrs.playoffs in a row you don't have to be very smart to figure out what the Bronco's staff is doing is beyond explanation therefore I must figure that #15 is on the way.That leaves 3 spots open.Nuff said

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Go-rilla" post="760403" timestamp="1266331735"]
Jaevon Richardson District MVP 2010. Might score 8 tds on GMC Pats team.
Hide the record books...
[/quote]

Then again, he might not!

We'll keep the books open. That way when the 1-8 ganders finish the season with the Patriots, we'll see how ol Speedy is holding up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4