75 to 47 kountze wins

Guest baseball25

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="755905" timestamp="1265428915"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=65713.msg755904#msg755904 date=1265428840]
75 to 47 kountze wins. Walker played like 2 qtrs blowout like I figured.
[/quote]

Not even a whole two quarters....this wasn't a blowout though, by any means!
[/quote] what 28 pt win on the road. thats a blowout it might not been as bad as the score
indicates but as far as score goes blow out in winnie.

EC did come within 8 during the 3rd, but Kountze shut it down after that.  EC looked like they had no confidence, did not have anyone willing to take the ball to the goal and when they did, couldn't make the basket.  I know that we have some great talent on our varsity team, but I am baffled at why they can't seem to come together and play good solid team ball. 

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="755976" timestamp="1265433726"]
Andrews will get it right...props to kevin carr tonight.
[/quote]Green and Carrington looked pretty good tonight at times.Kountze wants you to try and run with them,they will make you look bad when you do that.

[quote name="whsalum" post="755982" timestamp="1265434015"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=65713.msg755976#msg755976 date=1265433726]
Andrews will get it right...props to kevin carr tonight.
[/quote]Green and Carrington looked pretty good tonight at times.Kountze wants you to try and run with them,they will make you look bad when you do that.
[/quote] JMO but the only way I see to beat Kountze is to slow the ball down and play a 1/2 court game. But when you get behind at the start you have to try and speed up your game and that is were Kountze wonts to play. They get most of their point by running the floor and they pass the ball very good.  The 2 players that realy steped their games up last night were Davis with 16 points and Carr with 14 points. The refs let the game play ruff inside and Green , Carrington and Dunigan got knocked down just about evertime they tryed to shoot inside with out any calls. The refs had nothing to do with the out come of this game But 1 ref had to backup to get his check because he only sucked on his whistle all night and only made 1 jump ball call  and it was wrong. I dont know how someone can call 4 Var. games a week and be that bad out of shape.

True Blue I have to agree with you but also disagree with you. Your right about slowing the game down to beat Kountze. Unless your just as good at being a run and gun type team like Kountze then the only way to beat them is to slow the ball down. You can't try to play to another teams forte. What I have to disagree on is the what you commented about the ref. IMO I thought the refs did a pretty good job of calling the game. Im not sure what the foul count was for both teams but the refs seemed to let the kids play ball but keep it in check also. About Green, Carrington, and Dunnigan getting so called knocked around without any fouls getting called, well thats their fault. Yea they got knocked around a little but its because of their going up to the goal weak. When you go up weak there isn't going to be a foul called but its when you go up strong that you will get the call. IMO the only one of the three that even sort of went up strong was Green, for the other two there is just one word, WEAK

I have officiated with 2 of these guys in the past and they always are fair,like it or not.I saw one of them waive off a mid court bucket at the buzzer by one of my kids one night because he stepped out of bounds as he released it.They gym was packed and the game went in to overtime.He told me months later it was the toughest call he ever made but after I watched the tape it was the right call.IMO last night EC was looking for calls inside instead of playing the game.When you do that against Kountze you're doing what they want you to do and you're dead.

I did not mean to imply that the Refs call a unbalanced game just that they let it get ruff inside, and that is were Ec playes most of their game. They dont have the outside shooters to play with the shooters that Kountze has. They did a good job of shuting down Kountze on the inside they play just as ruff, but Kountze just out shoot them from the out side. As far as Dunigan not playing as big as he should you are right, but if you dont know this is his first year ever to play inside. He has been a guard his whole life. Last year he was only 6'3. He is now 6'7'' and it will take him time to adjust to the inside game and also he play at a 1a level last year the 2a teams are just a little faster and put more pressure on the ball. Next year he will be better perpared to play inside and he will lift all summer Ec will have a large # of Sr comming back so the streak of Kountze going undefeaded at home will come to a end ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="756170" timestamp="1265486976"]
I did not mean to imply that the Refs call a unbalanced game just that they let it get ruff inside, and that is were Ec playes most of their game. They dont have the outside shooters to play with the shooters that Kountze has. They did a good job of shuting down Kountze on the inside they play just as ruff, but Kountze just out shoot them from the out side. As far as Dunigan not playing as big as he should you are right, but if you dont know this is his first year ever to play inside. He has been a guard his whole life. Last year he was only 6'3. He is now 6'7'' and it will take him time to adjust to the inside game and also he play at a 1a level last year the 2a teams are just a little faster and put more pressure on the ball. Next year he will be better perpared to play inside and he will lift all summer Ec will have a large # of Sr comming back so the streak of Kountze going undefeaded at home will come to a end ;D
[/quote]I hope you don't look at this group and think they are going to beat Kountze at home.I have nothing against the Dunnigan kid but it doesn't look like he's played much varsity ball.He needs to work on his ball handling skills and shot.More than that though with his heigth he needs to learn to post up and catch the basketball.There is now way a kid at the 2-a level who is even 6'4" should be held to single digits scoring.Are Green and Carr coming back next year?

[quote name="baseball25" post="756204" timestamp="1265490627"]
This district is weak this yr I mean weak.
[/quote]So I guess Kountze beating everyone by 25+ just means their average because they are just playing WEAK teams ;D Dont forget the 2 losses to the Great HJ, But wait they just got beat.

[quote name="whsalum" post="756228" timestamp="1265492534"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=65713.msg756170#msg756170 date=1265486976]
[/quote]I hope you don't look at this group and think they are going to beat Kountze at home.I have nothing against the Dunnigan kid but it doesn't look like he's played much varsity ball.He needs to work on his ball handling skills and shot.More than that though with his heigth he needs to learn to post up and catch the basketball.There is now way a kid at the 2-a level who is even 6'4" should be held to single digits scoring.Are Green and Carr coming back next year?
[/quote] Green is a SR but Carr is a Jr, And you have not seen much of Ec this year, I have said all year they do not feed the post on matter who is playing there. Look at the game last night. The only time the post ever gets the ball is off of a rebound. They do not know how to feed the inside. They have been a outside shooting team the whole time this group has played together. But this summer they will attend team camps and I hpoe they learn to play a inside out game. Dunigan has never played with any of these players before this year. It takes more than 30 games to learn to play together. And you are right at 6'7'' there should be on way any team should be able to hold him to single  digets but you have got to get the ball to score

I have see EC quite a bit this year.I went and watched them because I thought from reading about them on here they were one of the better clubs in the area.It's great for folks to support their home team and more importantly their own kids but the reason they didn't feed the post last night was because the post play was not effective.For the most part the post players were on the bench.

[quote name="True Blue" post="756250" timestamp="1265495252"]
Yes I think this group for EC next year will beat Kountze by dubble didgits. In last nights game 32 of the 47 points were scored by Jrs and with out Walker and Bray Kountze is no better than a 3 place team.
[/quote]If you really believe that I've got some land I want to sell you.Walker and Brey are good just like Busby and Powell were who followed Hall and Coffey who followed the Hancocks.You get the picture?Just go to the Kountze gym on Tuesdays this summer and you'll see next years`stars and you'll see why they are successful every year.

Guest baseball25
Why feed the post when the post isn't a offense a threat and can't finish. Kountze is the only team that is really good this yr in that district every other team is on the level of ok. I wish you would have seen the district three yrs ago 5 teams in that district could have won a playoff game bec the district was deep this yr the district Isnt deep

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo