SHSU v Lamar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coachacola
[quote name="mffl" post="760110" timestamp="1266273651"]
We've given the Kats a tough time in Bmt lately, hopefully we can keep it up.
[/quote]

It'd be more fun to beat the them in SLC tourney, but that's if LU makes it that far.  SHSU will probably go undefeated in the conference then lose in SLC tourney.

When will Roc try a different approach.  We have spent three years watching three small guards and two bigs playing against teams with guards and wings bigger than ours.  Its more difficult to shoot over somebody taller than you.  Its difficult to feed the post when you can't throw it over your defender.  Custer may not be a strong post but we ought to know by now that he can't handle a pass below is waist.  You have to make passes that your players can handle.  None of the guards shoot well enough to make a defense respect them.

Not sure SHSU executed brilliantly.

SHSU had 22 turnovers. In men's Div I basketball, you don't often win if you have 15 and SHSU had 20. I figure if SHSU had half as many turnovers, they win by 20, 25 based on the shooting percentages.

Kats won with two of their top players - Mitchell and Almond - not producing. Kats got surprise lift from Preston Brown.

Even more thrilling than SHSU MBB over Lamar was SHSU WBB stunning Cards to pull of the sweep...

Guest jhamilton
Went to the game tonight with my son and what in the world has happen to Lamar basektball? Twenty years ago go to a game and place had a great crowd and now hardly anyone there. The talent level is no where what it use to be and not much to root for. SHSU does have a good team and very well coached. Hope Lamar does something and get this thing turned around. What a great facility and football stadium is coming along.

[quote name="etbu" post="761628" timestamp="1266466748"]
Went to the game tonight with my son and what in the world has happen to Lamar basektball? Twenty years ago go to a game and place had a great crowd and now hardly anyone there. The talent level is no where what it use to be and not much to root for. SHSU does have a good team and very well coached. Hope Lamar does something and get this thing turned around. What a great facility and football stadium is coming along.
[/quote]SLC....

[quote name="etbu" post="761628" timestamp="1266466748"]
[/quote]

i'd heard you might come to the show tonight.  was hoping to meet you at the hamburger depot...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62