SHSU v Lamar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lu cards" post="764059" timestamp="1266859421"]
i like stan brown and minor.i can see them starting next year.been real disapointed in harper.he needs to step up next year.next year will be a big year for the roc era.another bad year and he is done.
[/quote]
I agree. Next year if the group below does not finish in the top 2 of the East and win 20 games then Roc is gone.

Miles, Harper, Harris, Custer, Mathis, Minor, Brown and Wesley. I still think this team needs a big outside threat out of the JUCO ranks. What actually happened to Moton? I thought he would be our outside threat along with Hall.

Guest coachacola
I think will be around 2 more years unless they only win 10 games or so.  Next year only 3 seniors will be on the team and there will be about 5 or 6 freshmen.  Custer, Harris, and Mathis will be seniors.  Custer's been a backup player most of his career.  Harris and Mathis are JUCOs brought in to fill some holes until the young players mature.  I think Harris was brought in when Nuno couldn't come. 

This would have been a different team with Nuno at point and Hall at the small forward, with Harper and Harris coming off the bench.  Like last year, this team didn't have much depth.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="763092" timestamp="1266645140"]
So westend, what did you expect from this Lamar team? What teams do have all this talent you speak of on Lamar's level?
[/quote]

Well, Lamar for starters:  BB Davis, Mike Oliver, Clarence Kea, Tommy Sewell, Adrian Caldwell, LaMont Robinson, James Gulley, Alvin Brooks, Kenneth Perkins.  Heck, I'd even go for a Landon Rowe or an Atiim Brown.

What about Sam Houston?  I didn't go to the game but someone who posted said 'we were outmatched'.  Why should we be outmatched against someone in our conference?

I'm sorry for being so negative but I've had it.  We've been consistently 'underperforming' for 20+ years and continue to make excuse after excuse.  I have no answers, I am just disgusted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62