HJ freshman district champs

Hawks85

I'll tell you this much, blue... the way you've built this team up, they ought to win at least 2 district championships and make the playoffs the next four years.  with the steps that WOS made this year, and with what Silsbee and HJ have returning, combined with what HF actually has coming back next season, that's not going to happen.  i look forward to serving a little crow to you next year, but i won't rub it in too bad, especially if HF truly does show a lot of improvement.

[quote name="bullets13" post="761253" timestamp="1266431785"]
I'll tell you this much, blue... the way you've built this team up, they ought to win at least 2 district championships and make the playoffs the next four years.  with the steps that WOS made this year, and with what Silsbee and HJ have returning, combined with what HF actually has coming back next season, that's not going to happen.  i look forward to serving a little crow to you next year, but i won't rub it in too bad, especially if HF truly does show a lot of improvement.
[/quote]Fall 2011, you will see improvement. Thats because HF will have a mixture of players that will compliment their talents. It's going to be up to the coach to define the individual roles of these players. But a fun task for the coach I will have to admit. Stop living in the past and look to the future. On top of this, I have never been associated with a losing program since I became involved with organized basketball in the 6th grade. I don' intend starting now.  And maybe I have a pipeline (and address) to bring in some talent...hmmm? Beginning High school is about the time you see the ballers making their "move."

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="761267" timestamp="1266432758"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=66155.msg761253#msg761253 date=1266431785]
I'll tell you this much, blue... the way you've built this team up, they ought to win at least 2 district championships and make the playoffs the next four years.  with the steps that WOS made this year, and with what Silsbee and HJ have returning, combined with what HF actually has coming back next season, that's not going to happen.  i look forward to serving a little crow to you next year, but i won't rub it in too bad, especially if HF truly does show a lot of improvement.
[/quote]Fall 2011, you will see improvement. Thats because HF will have a mixture of players that will compliment their talents. It's going to be up to the coach to define the individual roles of these players. But a fun task for the coach I will have to admit. Stop living in the past and look to the future. On top of this, [b]I have never been associated with a losing program since I became involved with organized basketball in the 6th grade. I don' intend starting now.  ;)[/b][/quote]

good luck with that.  i'm looking forward to meeting you out in sour lake next year :)

[quote name="bullets13" post="761268" timestamp="1266432907"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=66155.msg761267#msg761267 date=1266432758]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=66155.msg761253#msg761253 date=1266431785]
[/quote]Fall 2011, you will see improvement. Thats because HF will have a mixture of players that will compliment their talents. It's going to be up to the coach to define the individual roles of these players. But a fun task for the coach I will have to admit. Stop living in the past and look to the future. On top of this, [b]I have never been associated with a losing program since I became involved with organized basketball in the 6th grade. I don' intend starting now.  ;)[/b][/quote]

good luck with that.  i'm looking forward to meeting you out in sour lake next year :)
[/quote]It will be a pleasure ;)

[quote name="Razor" post="761165" timestamp="1266424151"]
[quote author=ShayneBasketball link=topic=66155.msg761103#msg761103 date=1266419269]
Ozen Freshman team is the best freshman team in this area...District Champs 20-2
[/quote]

Nederland's freshmen group has an argument there...they are CO DISTRICT champs with Ozen by the way and finished the season at 31-2...Nederland and Ozen split on the season at 2-2 overall and 1-1 in district...the only lopsided game of the four was Nederland's first win by over 20 against Ozen early in the year...Ozen has a great team, but to say they are clearly the best freshman team in the area without doubt is highly debatable
[/quote]

I have to agree with Razor. Nederland freshman are awesome players and are well coached, they are the only team that i don't think we have ever beaten through junior high and now high school.

OF was pretty solid as well...Livingston and Central had pretty decent teams as well along with Memorial and WB...keep in mind that these are only teams that I have seen first hand as Nederland opponents...Livingston could have been even better but they have a freshman who played varsity this year...Nederland did play HJ early in the season, but that game was a total blowout...not sure if HJ was missing some players, but the margin was for sure over 40 if not more...clearly from the games I saw this season, Nederland and Ozen had the best freshmen teams in the area, far and away...both only had 2 losses each and they were to each other...they are too evenly matched to clearly say that one is better than the other...IMO, if they play 10 times, it is 5-5.

Nederland freshman are good but on a neutral site OZEN would win 80% of the time. Ozen played Nederland 3 times at Nederland and only one time at OZEN. The first game Ozen played Nederland the best player was benched and he had 30 in the final game. Trust me the refs played a major part in those wins and the one game OZEN won at Nederland the ref’s wasn’t from the area. Ozen beat Silsbee by 50 and Memorial by 65. I’m not taking anything from Nederland because they are a great team with a promising future.  In my opinion, Ozen freshman is the best bottom line. 

...as compared to the crack officiating crew they had for the game at Ozen???  who was it?  the ex BISD AD and a BISD coach after it was found out the officials for the game were not booked and it started 45 minutes late...you are entitled to your opinion, but Ozen would not beat Nederland 8/10 on a neutral site...Nederland's first win over Ozen was without a starter as well

Shyane,,Come on now,,,I was at the game the 1st time these teams met..When Ned. took their 2ND team out they were up 38 pts..Ended up 25..80% of the time..Maybe 50%..Only maybe..those BISD administrators or coaches or whatever it was at Ozen that were officiating were uh..maybe not the best around!!!...ozen lucky to win 2 of the 4 games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham