Silsbee Vs Kountze Warm-Up Game

DDAV55

[quote name="ST413" post="762343" timestamp="1266549907"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=66218.msg762334#msg762334 date=1266549303]
i think this game will benefit both teams the most if Silsbee wins.  Silsbee doesn't want to go to the playoffs on a two game losing streak, and i honestly think Kountze could use a loss to refocus before they enter the playoffs.  hopefully this game will prepare both of them for deep runs into the playoffs.
[/quote]

I agree!
[/quote]

lol But a win over the #4 ranked Tigers could be good momentum for the Lions:)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to the Tiger coaching staff and a couple of the Tiger starters tonight. They are ready to avenge the loss from earlier in the season.

I will say this though, after talking to a couple of the players tonight, it's obvious that their real focus is on Bryan Rudder and the rest of the Region.

Kountze is just a fun game to them.

[quote name="utfan06" post="762354" timestamp="1266550706"]
Good to see them focused ahead, But Kountze isnt looking to get another loss on their record... They wanna beat Silsbee and Everyone else the rest of the way to Austin!! Dont think its a just a fun game to the Lions.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, those guys want to win. They will give great effort Saturday night. But they also know what the real goal is.

I'll take a loss to Kountze if it means that Silsbee wins the state championship and I think the Tiger team will too. ;)

[quote name="utfan06" post="762341" timestamp="1266549874"]
[quote author=TopDawG52 link=topic=66218.msg762131#msg762131 date=1266533147]
if ktz can get there bigs in foul trouble ktz rolls silsbee has the more talent but ktz have to of the best in the area and the 3 games bray has playyed against silsbee has had tons of success
[/quote]

But if Roman and Devin get in foul trouble, It could be the other way around... Should be a great game but Kountze wins by 6
[/quote]

I think ktz problem in the playoffs will be this..if Roman OR Devin get in foul trouble they start looking a whole lot more like an avg team. Somtimes in small school ball especially you can roll with two outstanding players but there's a couple of teams in the playoffs that can get you quick in that situation

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="762355" timestamp="1266550908"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=66218.msg762354#msg762354 date=1266550706]
Good to see them focused ahead, But Kountze isnt looking to get another loss on their record... They wanna beat Silsbee and Everyone else the rest of the way to Austin!! Dont think its a just a fun game to the Lions.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, those guys want to win. They will give great effort Saturday night. But they also know what the real goal is.

I'll take a loss to Kountze if it means that Silsbee wins the state championship and I think the Tiger team will too. ;)
[/quote]

Definately!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="762376" timestamp="1266551984"]
Sounds to me that AAW is setting himself up for the Tigers to lose here..........does not want to talk too much smack about the Lions!!!!!  Are you a little worried about Kountze??? :D :D :D  HJ got them twice!!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Why should anybody be worried about a warm up game?

I know that the Tiger team is not worried.

[quote name="Sloe" post="762448" timestamp="1266554354"]
The only team that can beat you is the one you over look. PS Jasper.Go strong Tigers. HJ will be waiting. ;)
[/quote]

Settle down Sloe.........HJ needs to take it one game at a time.  Tarkington is the only team on their mind right now!!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="762376" timestamp="1266551984"]
Sounds to me that AAW is setting himself up for the Tigers to lose here..........does not want to talk too much smack about the Lions!!!!!  Are you a little worried about Kountze??? :D :D :D  HJ got them twice!!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Yes Zeek we know that was the highlight of the HJ season beating Kountze twice... Could be the only highlight oy yalls season ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="utfan06" post="762462" timestamp="1266554733"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=66218.msg762376#msg762376 date=1266551984]
[/quote]

Yes Zeek we know that was the highlight of the HJ season beating Kountze twice... Could be the only highlight oy yalls season ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]

hey, they beat silsbee as well!!!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham