Crosby Benefit

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
Crosby is hosting a benefit Saturday for a family dealing with major health issues.

The school will sell an autographed New Orleans Saints helmet and a signed Pete Rose jersey among other items. For information, contact Kevin Flanigan at [email protected].

All proceeds benefit the family, whose 11-year-old daughter has Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.

Her brother, a sophomore football player at Crosby, was recently was diagnosed with Crohn's disease.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="762550" timestamp="1266588394"]
Crosby is hosting a benefit Saturday for a family dealing with major health issues.

The school will sell an autographed New Orleans Saints helmet and a signed Pete Rose jersey among other items. For information, contact Kevin Flanigan at [email protected].

All proceeds benefit the family, whose 11-year-old daughter has Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.

Her brother, a sophomore football player at Crosby, was recently was diagnosed with Crohn's disease.

[/quote]I know this family personally and they are GREAT people. They have dealt with much more than anyone should have to face. Their father is always positive and has never complained. I sincerely hope that the Crosby community turns out in droves-----

good of you to post this GCMPats.....I am sure Crosby will step up to the plate and help this fine family.  If any of you have spare time it is a worthy cause to stop by...by the way a New Orleans Saints helmet on silent auction.....will be signed by Drew Brees/Reggie Bush if desired.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="762584" timestamp="1266592243"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66252.msg762550#msg762550 date=1266588394]

[/quote]I know this family personally and they are GREAT people. They have dealt with much more than anyone should have to face. Their father is always positive and has never complained. I sincerely hope that the Crosby community turns out in droves-----
[/quote]

I hope other communties turn out also.....Barbers Hill, Dayton, Baytown, etc.
How sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="UHFALCON" post="762613" timestamp="1266595391"]
good of you to post this GCMPats.....I am sure Crosby will step up to the plate and help this fine family.  If any of you have spare time it is a worthy cause to stop by...by the way a New Orleans Saints helmet on silent auction.....will be signed by Drew Brees/Reggie Bush if desired.
[/quote]

At the end of the day, no matter how much crap we talk on here, we all have strong emotions for our communities and for the people that make SETexas so great.

If anyone wants to bid on the helmet, they can e-mail Coach Flannigan with what they want to bid, and he'll submit the bid. Right now it’s up to $450.

His e-mail address is :

[email protected]

Here is the article in Baytown Sun.......

Autographed Saints helmet tops Crosby fundraiser
By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published February 19, 2010
Crosby head football coach Kevin Flanigan is heading up a Saturday fundraiser for the family of one his players that is dealing with health and resulting financial hardships.

Madison Brown is 11 years old and is suffering from acute myelogenous leukemia.

“Her body has hardened from the disease and her brother, who plays for us, gave her a bone transplant,” Flanigan said. “She can’t sit up, walk or even lift her arms. Just last summer, she was in the hospital for 70 consecutive days.”

The hardships don’t end there for the family. Flanigan’s football player has Crohn’s disease and the father has cancer and multiple sclerosis.

“They’re such a great family,” Flanigan said. “The mother is a kindergarten teacher.”

Saturday at 4 p.m. on the fairgrounds in Crosby, Flanigan will help put together a fundraiser for the family.

“There will be a big auction, a band, and a lot of food and games,” he said. “We’ll be raffling off a helmet from the (Super Bowl champion) New Orleans Saints and we’ll get it signed by whomever the winner wants from the Saints.”

The other major sports-related item is a Pete Rose signed jersey.

“If anyone wants to bid on the helmet, they can e-mail me what they want to bid, and I’ll submit the bid. Right now it’s up to $450,” Flanigan said.

His e-mail address is kflanigan(at)crsobyisd.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name="GCMPats" post="762625" timestamp="1266596237"]
[quote author=UHFALCON link=topic=66252.msg762613#msg762613 date=1266595391]
good of you to post this GCMPats.....I am sure Crosby will step up to the plate and help this fine family.  If any of you have spare time it is a worthy cause to stop by...by the way a New Orleans Saints helmet on silent auction.....will be signed by Drew Brees/Reggie Bush if desired.
[/quote]

At the end of the day, no matter how much crap we talk on here, we all have strong emotions for our communities and for the people that make SETexas so great.

If anyone wants to bid on the helmet, they can e-mail Coach Flannigan with what they want to bid, and he'll submit the bid. Right now it’s up to $450.

His e-mail address is :

[email protected]
[/quote]

It's not just setexas, that feels for this family.  My thaughts and prayers are with them.  

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="762690" timestamp="1266603117"]
Here is the article in Baytown Sun.......

Autographed Saints helmet tops Crosby fundraiser
By Nathan Hague
The Baytown Sun
Published February 19, 2010
Crosby head football coach Kevin Flanigan is heading up a Saturday fundraiser for the family of one his players that is dealing with health and resulting financial hardships.

Madison Brown is 11 years old and is suffering from acute myelogenous leukemia.

“Her body has hardened from the disease and her brother, who plays for us, gave her a bone transplant,” Flanigan said. “She can’t sit up, walk or even lift her arms. Just last summer, she was in the hospital for 70 consecutive days.”

The hardships don’t end there for the family. Flanigan’s football player has Crohn’s disease and the father has cancer and multiple sclerosis.

“They’re such a great family,” Flanigan said. “The mother is a kindergarten teacher.”

Saturday at 4 p.m. on the fairgrounds in Crosby, Flanigan will help put together a fundraiser for the family.

“There will be a big auction, a band, and a lot of food and games,” he said. “We’ll be raffling off a helmet from the (Super Bowl champion) New Orleans Saints and we’ll get it signed by whomever the winner wants from the Saints.”

The other major sports-related item is a Pete Rose signed jersey.

“If anyone wants to bid on the helmet, they can e-mail me what they want to bid, and I’ll submit the bid. Right now it’s up to $450,” Flanigan said.

His e-mail address is kflanigan(at)crsobyisd.org.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

Leave it to the Baytown Sun to get the e-mail wrong.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="762729" timestamp="1266605707"]
GCMPats, do you know if they need any help?  I'm willing to drive to Crosby and help with this, if they can use a volunteer for anything.  I don't have the money to make bids, but I do have the heart and desire to help in any way I can.
[/quote]

Not sure. E-mail Coach Flannigan and see what he suggests. He can probably point you in the right direction.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="762729" timestamp="1266605707"]
GCMPats, do you know if they need any help?  I'm willing to drive to Crosby and help with this, if they can use a volunteer for anything.  I don't have the money to make bids, but I do have the heart and desire to help in any way I can.
[/quote]

The world needs more people like you.
great stuff !

Hey guys I live here in the Crosby Community and besides the big items there are numerous silent auction items.  There will also be food/fun for all.  Just seeing support from neighboring communities will be awesome for the family.  I don't have a lot of $$ either but I will be there with my family pitching in...maybe some of us posters can meet up for a good cause.

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="762764" timestamp="1266608009"]
Hey guys I live here in the Crosby Community and besides the big items there are numerous silent auction items.  There will also be food/fun for all.  Just seeing support from neighboring communities will be awesome for the family.  I don't have a lot of $$ either but I will be there with my family pitching in...maybe some of us posters can meet up for a good cause.
[/quote]

Great idea. I would join you but will be out of town. I've got some "big-wigs" here at my company trying to win the helmet though.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="763530" timestamp="1266735483"]
Big success, I had a blast....I didn't know anybody, but coach Flanigan made me feel very welcome.  I have a whole different perception of Crosby now.  Thank you everybody!
[/quote]

BrenhamFan I think it is wonderful that you took the time to drive to Crosby and show support for this family. We definitely need more people like you in this world!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="friogal" post="764041" timestamp="1266857809"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=66252.msg763530#msg763530 date=1266735483]
Big success, I had a blast....I didn't know anybody, but coach Flanigan made me feel very welcome.  I have a whole different perception of Crosby now.  Thank you everybody!
[/quote]

BrenhamFan I think it is wonderful that you took the time to drive to Crosby and show support for this family. We definitely need more people like you in this world!
[/quote]

"My brothers, what use is it for a man to say he has faith when he does nothing to show it? Can that faith save him? Suppose a brother or a sister is in rags with not enough food for the day, and one of you says, 'Good luck to you, keep yourselves warm, and have plenty to eat', but does nothing to supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So with faith; if it does not lead to action, it is in itself a lifeless thing." (James 2:14-17).

Thanks to all...A great crowd that was larger than our yearly Czech Fest..Sold out of BBQ about 7:30 and still had a crowd there at 1am..Did not plan on this kind of turnout..Heard rumor someone from Dayton bought a signed Crosby district champ football for 2,000..I bet this ends up in Dayton locker room the week of Crosby game..Thanks again....

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="764068" timestamp="1266860938"]
Thanks to all...A great crowd that was larger than our yearly Czech Fest..Sold out of BBQ about 7:30 and still had a crowd there at 1am..Did not plan on this kind of turnout..[b]Heard rumor someone from Dayton bought a signed Crosby district champ football for 2,000..I bet this ends up in Dayton locker room the week of Crosby game..Thanks again....[/b][/quote]

Funny stuff!!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="764049" timestamp="1266858596"]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=66252.msg764041#msg764041 date=1266857809]
[/quote]

[/quote]

"My brothers, what use is it for a man to say he has faith when he does nothing to show it? Can that faith save him? Suppose a brother or a sister is in rags with not enough food for the day, and one of you says, 'Good luck to you, keep yourselves warm, and have plenty to eat', but does nothing to supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So with faith; if it does not lead to action, it is in itself a lifeless thing." (James 2:14-17).

[/quote]

I love that quote....and it was definatly worth the drive.  An afternoon out of my time, 91 miles and a hour and a half in traffic was a small price to pay, to witness the look on the Brown family's faces when coach Flanigan introduced me and told them that I drove from Brenham to support them.  If you don't know this family, let me tell you that just meeting them was one of the most inspiring moments in my life.  It's amazing how greatful and high-spirited they are, considering all that they're facing.  As for that football that sold for $2000, all I can say is wow!  I was surprised when the bidding was at $1400, but when that gentleman stood up and yelled, "$2000".  I'm not sure where that guy is from, but he didn't even hesitate.  $2000, now that's some hate.  Hate, that not only will fuel 2 schools that are involved in a great rivalry, but will help a great family in hard times.  Sounds funny, but that's exactly what it did. 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="764135" timestamp="1266867817"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66252.msg764049#msg764049 date=1266858596]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=66252.msg764041#msg764041 date=1266857809]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I love that quote....and it was definatly worth the drive.  An afternoon out of my time, 91 miles and a hour and a half in traffic was a small price to pay, to witness the look on the Brown family's faces when coach Flanigan introduced me and told them that I drove from Brenham to support them.  If you don't know this family, let me tell you that just meeting them was one of the most inspiring moments in my life.  It's amazing how greatful and high-spirited they are, considering all that they're facing.  As for that football that sold for $2000, all I can say is wow!  I was surprised when the bidding was at $1400, [b]but when that gentleman stood up and yelled, "$2000".  I'm not sure where that guy is from, but he didn't even hesitate.  $2000, now that's some hate. [/b]  Hate, that not only will fuel 2 schools that are involved in a great rivalry, but will help a great family in hard times.  Sounds funny, but that's exactly what it did. 
[/quote]

:D :D  ;D ;D

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="764164" timestamp="1266869146"]
Tally of the benefit is $114,000 and rising!  Thanks to all of you who cared enough to post or contribute.  I was looking for you BrenhamFan but didn't see you.  I had to leave before the Auction because my baby was a little under the weather.
[/quote]

I wish I would have known cause I didn't have anybody to talk to, from about 3-5.  I was the one wondering around loking lost in a Brenham shirt.  Lol.  At about 5, coach Flanigan saw me looking lost and told me to just follow him around and even bought my dinner.  I saw the fairgrounds, when I got to Crosby, but couldlnt figure out how to turn in there.  Luckily, coach Flanigan gave me his # Friday, so I just called him.  He's a real class act.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou