LU rocks No. 9 Rice, 13-7

Guest coachacola

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="765837" timestamp="1267061875"]
Congrats Lamar!

Big win for the SLC. Let's get two teams in!

We need wins like this from every school. A shame McPoke fall short at LSU.
[/quote]This a Lamar win, not SLC. And we only care if LU gets in.

[quote name="UNLV" post="765844" timestamp="1267062905"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=66498.msg765837#msg765837 date=1267061875]
Congrats Lamar!

Big win for the SLC. Let's get two teams in!

We need wins like this from every school. A shame McPoke fall short at LSU.
[/quote]This a Lamar win, not SLC. And we only care if LU gets in.
[/quote]

;D

Guest baseball25
Good win for lamar, still a mid week game, they gotta win games like this, i still want to see better weekend series games, thats all i was saying.......

[quote name="baseball25" post="765957" timestamp="1267069058"]
Good win for lamar, still a mid week game, they gotta win games like this, i still want to see better weekend series games, thats all i was saying.......
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with you baseball25. Good win for the Cards, but we have to play some legit weekend series to get this program back to the top of the SLC like it has been in the past.

Guest baseball25
I didn't down play the win, it was a good mid week game win what more do you want me to say,I mean 1 good mid week win doesn't mean nothing when you play only 2 good mid week games a yr, i mean you have to have  a better schedule when you play in the southland thats just a no brainer  I played college ball and been around the game of baseball all my life and follow the college ranks every single day, its just common sense that lamar schedule is weak as hellllll, I would like to see better weekend series matchup, I  mean lamar won 38 games last yr and was not even coming close to getting a automatic big because there SOS was 202 so I mean come on atleast have almost a top 120 SOS but 202 but playing teams like Maine, Penn st. North Dakota St, Pview A&M,Texas Southern,Houston Baptist in Non conf games won't get you anywhere, only thing it GETS is WINS FOR JIM GILLIGAN.

[quote name="lu cards" post="766179" timestamp="1267115960"]i agree we need to strengthen our non-conference schedule but do it with teams willing to come to beaumont.teams that come to mind are ull,la tech,north texas,smu,ul-monore,ark st,tulsa and south alabama.
[/quote]

Tulsa, North Texas and SMU do not have baseball teams...  ;)

Surprised that ULL is not willing to do a mid-week game with you, but the remaining teams are either needing to get guarantee situations AND/OR buy teams to come to their place to get easy wins. Just look at their schedules...plus, outside of weekends, they are a bit too far to come your way OOC, when they have plenty of options closer...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92