Goose Creek Memorial @ Humble/Kingwood Park Tournament

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
Game 1

GCM   10
CC        2   final

Sr Jacob Wilburn led the Patriots in a 5 run 3rd inning that blew open a close game. WIlburn finished the first game going 2-3 with a 2 run bomb in the 3rd. Soph Chance Czerwonka was 3-4 including a SAC fly in the 5th to end the game via run rule. Sr Cody Butler struck out 6 in route to the complete game W.

Guest GCMPats
Game 2

GCM      13
Pasadena 2

Once again the Patriots explode in the 3rd inning, scoring 11 runs. Sr Taylor O'Connor and Jr. Price Jacobs each touched up the Eagle pitching staff with Grand Slams in the inning. Jacobs put the Patriots on the board in the first with a 2 out solo shot to left. He would finish the game 2-2 with 2 HR's and 2 walks. Soph. Chance Czerwonka joined the home run barrage with a 2 run blast in the 3rd inning also.
Czerwonka also picked up the W on the hill. Fresh. LHP Cameron Salmon came on in relief in the 3rd to finish off the victory.

GCM will play Humble on Friday at 1:30 PM (weather permitting)

Guest rambleonus
K-Park 9, Caney Creek 1. K-Park 5, Pasadena 3. Looks like it could be a K-Park/GCM final Saturday if K-Parks beats Rayburn and GCM beats Humble tomorrow.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="766858" timestamp="1267155126"]
K-Park 9, Caney Creek 1. K-Park 5, Pasadena 3. Looks like it could be a K-Park/GCM final Saturday if K-Parks beats Rayburn and GCM beats Humble tomorrow.
[/quote]

Not sure how this thing is set up, but GCM and KP are in the same Pool and do not play each other. I guess it could happen, but I'm a little confused on how it would work. Not your typical Pool Play format.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="767001" timestamp="1267194299"]
I think its based off the win lose record.  On a side note. Galena Park beat Bellaire 4-3.
[/quote]

That's good, but not good. They have a lot of people coming back from last years team.

Guest GCMPats
Patriots win 16-6.
Jacobs picks up the win but struggles.
Should play at 1:30 PM on Saturday in the championship for the 2nd year in a row. Lost last year to Sam Rayburn in a close contest.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="767288" timestamp="1267224964"]
Patriots win 16-6.
Jacobs picks up the win but struggles.
Should play at 1:30 PM on Saturday in the championship for the 2nd year in a row. Lost last year to Sam Rayburn in a close contest.
[/quote]

Jacobs was probably tired from hittin' all those bombs earlier in the day.  ;)
Congrats on good baseball day.

Guest rambleonus
K-Park 3, Rayburn 1. There isn't going to be a championship game. They changed the tournament to a round robin format. K-Park plays Klien forest tomorrow at 1:30 at K-Park. Not sure what the other game match ups will be.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rambleonus" post="767313" timestamp="1267227197"]
K-Park 3, Rayburn 1. There isn't going to be a championship game. They changed the tournament to a round robin format. K-Park plays Klien forest tomorrow at 1:30 at K-Park. Not sure what the other game match ups will be.
[/quote]

GCM will play Pasadena Sam Rayburn @ 11:30 in Kingwood.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="gander88" post="769272" timestamp="1267503161"]
Congrads,
Sounds like some kids had a good weekend.
[/quote]

Yes they did.

Based on the Pool we were given for the Herrington Tournament, we're going to need them to be even better this weekend.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou

• Game Info: Start: Friday, September 20, 2024 at 6:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Gilmer Union Hill - 1A-10-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Chester- 1A-12-1 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • My wagers for the week: Texas Tech -3  Georgia Tech/Louisville Over 57.5 USC/Michigan Under 44 Utah/Okie State Under 52.5 LSU -22.5 Tennessee/Oklahoma Under 57.5 Oklahoma +7 ULM +44.5
    • In regards to sub varsity games, I will put my money on any 5A DI JV vs. a 4A DII JV.  Larger schools will always have better sub varsity teams than schools three divisions smaller. So take that 34-0 win with a grain of salt. I think tonight's game will be the hardest test for Silsbee so far this season. Bruins will have the team speed to give the Tigers some problems. I got Silsbee winning by 10.
    • 1. Barbers Hill  2. Lufkin  3. Silsbee 4. Jasper  5. Episcopal 6. Anahuac  7. Coldspring-Oakhurst  8. Hardin  9. Kirbyville  10. Centerville 11. Woodville 12. Fairfield  13. Teague  14. Anderson-Shiro  15. Kountze  16. New Waverly  17. Garrison 18. Grand Saline 19.  West Sabine 20. Shelbyville  21. Colmesneil @ Trinity forfeit 22. Evadale  23. Apple Springs  24. Richland Springs 25. Union Hill
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics