nederland vs magnolia

the Dogs will win...foreveradog was referring to the fact that both teams are "Bulldogs" and that is why I called it a safe bet...Nederland's bigs have been playing extremely well as of late...Magnolia apparently has some size that may be able to bother them some...in reading about Magnolia, their coach states their guard play is the team strength so Nederland's backcourt will have to step up and meet that challenge...I certainly think they are capable, but the interesting part of the matchup is that each teams strengths are the exact opposite of each other...whoever can capitalize on theirs the best will win

The game plan should be no different than the game plan for BH.  Go inside early and often.  Make them double team your posts.  Get open looks for 3.  Now, if Nederland cannot make their three's, there will be a problem. 

At the same time, what do we know about Magnolia?  Do they trap and press on defense?  Do they have any studs on offense?  I know nederland have had their problems with teams with stud players (guards). 

I'm pulling for Nederland as I was against BH, but Magnolia is an unknown, therefore, I cannot make a prediction at this time...

I agree with Soulja...Nederland is most effective when working inside-out...feed the bigs early and often and kick out if necessary...if our guys can hit the open threes like they have been, then I see a Nedeland win...as for defending the "studs", I will disagree a little bit...I know that Frank went off big time in the Ozen win, but he struggled mightily in the most recent loss...Nederland made some key defensive adjustments and got him out of his rythym.

Also important for Nederland to dominate the boards as they have been doing...Dionte, Kelvin, and Stewart have been cleaning the glass pretty well recently.

[quote name="baddog" post="767194" timestamp="1267217240"]
If they are truly studs, then any team would have problems with them. They can't have any more studs than Ozen or Central.

Nederland needs to try and play turnover-free ball. The shots will drop.
[/quote]Your right.  Nederland have played teams with studs in Ozen's Frank and Central's Smith.  They have done good as of late at the end of the season.  But I just hope they (bulldogs) don't go back to the way they played at the begining of the season.  I hope those hicups are behind them and keep playing good ball to move a round deeper.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="767268" timestamp="1267223416"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=66588.msg767194#msg767194 date=1267217240]
If they are truly studs, then any team would have problems with them. They can't have any more studs than Ozen or Central.

Nederland needs to try and play turnover-free ball. The shots will drop.
[/quote]Your right.  Nederland have played teams with studs in Ozen's Frank and Central's Smith.  They have done good as of late at the end of the season.  But I just hope they (bulldogs) don't go back to the way they played at the begining of the season.  [b]I hope those hicups are behind them[/b] and keep playing good ball to move a round deeper.
[/quote]

I think they showed that beating Ozen for the 2nd time and by beating BH after an early season loss to them. This team is really good and English is outcoaching the opponents. They'll be ready to play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32