Yates 104, Friendswood 48 - 11th straight 100pt game

xLmCoog88

[quote name="Sloe" post="767447" timestamp="1267236458"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66607.msg767434#msg767434 date=1267236161]
[font=Courier]2nd qtr: Yates 39-16[/font]
[/quote]Looks like Yates might win one ;)
[/quote]

i think they might :)  and keep in mind that friendswood has a fairly strong team.

somebody on a thread around here "wondered how Friendswood would fare" against Yates cuz "they'd seen Friendswood paly this summer," or something to that effect; implying that they thought Friendswood would give Yates a good game without actually saying it outright. Well, whadaya think NOW?  If you haven 't seen Yates play, GO! they are a sight to behold. rare team/coach/system, once a decade, if that.

[font=Courier]From Jim Hicks:[/font]

I spoke with F'wood head coach Darren Chandler and he basically analogized the two teams (Yates/La Marque) as comparing Hurricane Katrina to Ike.  "Yates is definitely better, and I love (LaMarque head coach) Cedric (Mason) to death, but Yates is at least twenty points better. I've been around here for a while, and this team is probably the best ever of any classification".   Friendswood was within 13-12 before Yates ended the opening period with a 13-0 spurt, and never looked back.  "I noticed when they played Seven Lakes that you can play with 'em for a while, then they go off on those big runs, and it's very hard to put together multiple runs against them".   Chandler was also very impressed with the Yates players upon seeing them first hand.  "On top of playing extremely hard, they didn't talk a lot of trash or do any taunting - they were really a classy bunch."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats