LU vs A&M-CC tonight

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
LU needs to win tonight and beat Nicholls State on the road Saturday to make the SLC tourney.  How hard can that be?  ;D

Bob West: http://panews.com/sports/x1004929975/Lamar-needs-win-on-Senior-Night

[quote name="coachacola" post="769959" timestamp="1267633617"]
LU needs to win tonight and beat Nicholls State on the road Saturday to make the SLC tourney.  How hard can that be?   ;D

Bob West: http://panews.com/sports/x1004929975/Lamar-needs-win-on-Senior-Night

[/quote] They are once again introducing the seniors AFTER the game.  What can be worse than watching people walk out while they honor the seniors?  Having it after the game insures that it will happen.

I agree............why not introduce them before the game or at halftime???

Also agree with Dove..........was unaware that LU was playing basketball...........it has been about almost a month since winning a meaningful game...........Lyon College does not count!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="769987" timestamp="1267637115"]
I agree............why not introduce them before the game or at halftime???

Also agree with Dove..........was unaware that LU was playing basketball...........it has been about almost a month since winning a meaningful game...........Lyon College does not count!!!!!
[/quote]I agree  :o

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="770009" timestamp="1267640000"]
We will be giving away 2 pair of tickets tonight at our SETXsports Weekly High School Preview show tonight at Hamburger Depot on Neches St. for tonight's game against Texas A&M-CC.

[b]Come out to the Depot and win you a pair.[/b]
[/quote]
Assuming most of us don't already have a pair!  Or that we lost them when we said "I Do". ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="badndn" post="770053" timestamp="1267644066"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66798.msg770009#msg770009 date=1267640000]
We will be giving away 2 pair of tickets tonight at our SETXsports Weekly High School Preview show tonight at Hamburger Depot on Neches St. for tonight's game against Texas A&M-CC.

[b]Come out to the Depot and win you a pair.[/b]
[/quote]
Assuming most of us don't already have a pair!  Or that we lost them when we said "I Do". ;D
[/quote]

I need a pair - mine are worn out. :o

forget the score but LU loses big.  

This "great recruiter" has taken a middle of the road SLC team and has managed to dive bomb it into the bottom of the conference the last two years.  I say cut your loses and quit playing babysitter with Roc.  I think Todd Sutherland could do as good of a job as Roc has done as of late.  I say let Sutherland get a shot at it he couldn't do any worse than where the program is now.

[font=Courier]As bad as this team is, the teams below them are worse! IE: McNeese.

Despite an awful team, it comes down to Lamar @ Nicholls on Saturday. The winner gets the 8th spot.

I watched the game for the first half. These players aren't very good.

Nabors is the best and he has 1 good leg.
Custer is so weak and timid, he is a perimeter player now.
This Mathis kid that is starting plays hard, but isn't too good.
Miles turns the ball over too much.
Milk has tapered off.

Hopefully with some fresh faces like the kid from Lancaster and a few others, this team will have a spark next year. If not, there will be a new regime after next season.
[/font]

Guest coachacola
I don't think it matters one bit who or where Lamar plays, they will still shoot below 40% while their opponent shoots over 50%. 

There's always next year, when the best player on the team won't be around and there's a bunch of freshmen coming in.  Looks like it's going to be another banner year next year.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="770353" timestamp="1267674518"]
[font=Courier]As bad as this team is, the teams below them are worse! IE: McNeese.

Despite an awful team, it comes down to Lamar @ Nicholls on Saturday. The winner gets the 8th spot.

Milk has tapered off.

Hopefully with some fresh faces like the kid from Lancaster and a few others, this team will have a spark next year. If not, there will be a new regime after next season.
[/font]
[/quote]
Excellent assessment. Except that Milk never really had it to taper off from!
And one other thing...Where did Harper sneak off to? Anyone seen him in 2010?

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="770353" timestamp="1267674518"]Despite an awful team, it comes down to Lamar @ Nicholls on Saturday. The winner gets the 8th spot.[/quote]

Are we sure about that? It does move Lamar back into a tie, but the Cards have tiebreakers against NWST and McN?

8) Nich 6-9
------------
NWST 5-10
Lamar 5-10
McN 5-10

Guest coachacola
[quote name="badndn" post="770445" timestamp="1267711043"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=66798.msg770353#msg770353 date=1267674518]

Milk has tapered off.

[/font]
[/quote]
Excellent assessment. Except that Milk never really had it to taper off from!
And one other thing...Where did Harper sneak off to? Anyone seen him in 2010?
[/quote]

Roc mentioned in an interview a week or two that Harper injured his foot (or something) last month that has slowed him down. 

Tre Lynch from Lancaster should make an impact next year.  He's averaging over 20 points a game for #2 Lancaster (4A) and can shoot the 3.  I'm hoping for a Yates vs Lancaster 4A title game to see how well Lynch and LU bound 6'9 Michael Kyser play against them.  SFA signed PG Gardner from Yates so that would make for a good matchup too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo