Time to forget men's basketball - football is coming soon!

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Thought I'd try to forget the men's basketball season by looking at the web cam today and it appears they are getting ready to put the field turn down.  There's also a lot of work going on at the athletic complex today.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4411352809_13f20a8235.jpg[/img]

Spring practice starts up after spring break.

Just been very disappointing!!!!!!  Time for a change!!!!!

You know I would NEVER give those seats up either.............one day LU will be good again!!!  Too many irons in the fire right now...........baseball and basketball for my son!!!!  Missed more LU games this year than I have in the last 5 years combined.....might have something to do with the fact that they are not very good also!!!

Guest coachacola
I drove by the stadium today and was impressed by how big the new athletic complex is.  The stands look nice and clean and looks like they will be putting in the new seats soon.  The field is pretty smooth except for one large mound of dirt in the middle, so I bet the turf will be going in soon too.  The stadium will look very nice when they are done.

Here's my wish list:

1.  Repave the parking lot by the Montagne Center and plant a bunch of trees in the back to help hide the refinery.  A nice landscaped parking would really enhance the look of the area.

2.  Start on phase 2 of the stadium as soon as possible.  Extend the stands to the back of the endzones.  Put an upper deck on the east side facing the university.  Add club seats and larger press box on the other side.

3.  Get upgrades to the Montagne Center started soon, maybe even before expanding the stadium.  A practice court is planned to be added that will help hide that refinery.  I hope they blend it and the Montagne Center in with the stadium.

All this will take time but it's going to look great when they are done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43