LU vs. UCA..LU Loses Game 1, Wins Game 2!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25
Does it suprise you, thisbis what happens when you play a horrible non conf schedule it doesn't prepare you for these type of games.

Or maybe LU just isn't that good.  Maybe the crappy schedule just allowed the team to have more wins then they should.  
I mean SFA swept them and kicked the snot out of these guys in Games 2 & 3 last weekend.

Here's what is pretty obvious
1.  LU has only 3 decent starters, and one came out of the pen tonight
2.  The pen stinks - McManis, Henderson, and Holley (i.e. the big guns) have really high ERAs
3.  The defense, especially at short is extremely suspect
4.  There's no real RBI man, and the hitting is average at best
5.  Can't seem to keep Anthony Moore healthy, and he is really the only dynamic offensive player

Now with all that said, maybe some guys will step-up and play to their best.  It is still early but the cannot afford any more losses this weekend.  It also means they're going to have to care of business against the tougher teams (SELA, TX ST, SAM).  Just going to have to play better.  If they do they'll have a shot, if not they'll be lucky to finish .500 even with a weak schedule.

Guest baseball25
Just the truth man, Sos 214 that's brutal it's a shame really is, couldn't be right too they might not be that  good but a schedule like that doesn't prepare you for conference play.

So your down one in the 9th of a conference game and 2 outs runners on first and second. You decide to take out a hitter who has already had one hit in the game and pinch hit him for a pitcher who this is his first career at bat in the D1 level? WTF? Please explain that logic to me? Btw the guy took 2 strikes and whiffed on the third. Lamar loses 10 to 9.

The Cards had 4 run lead heading the 7th, UCA takes the lead, Lamar regains the lead (by two runs) heading to the ninth and blows it again.  Interestingly, pitcher Miller Aldrich bats with 2 outs in the 9th, his first at-bat of the season.  Why not Michael DeLaRosa?  Anyway, Aldrich Ks and Cards lose 10-9.  Now 1-4 in conference against arguably the two worst teams (other than the Cards who are clearly the worst team in conference) in the SLC.  

SSs are killing the Cards.  Three errors at that position in Game 1 today.  After the first game on Sunday, LU SSs have made 21 errors - Brunner has 4, Theriot has 11, and Mena has 2 and I'm also pretty sure that Buchanan has made an error or two at SS.

So with no bullpen and no SS, the Cards have got to hope the starters can go 9 and the offense puts 6 plus runs to make up for all the unearned runs.  Of course it's hard to go 9 when your defense cannot help you.

Guest baseball25
I mean everyone on here thinks I'm a prick and etc, but one reason the bull pen is struggling is look who thy have faced in non conf....they have faced nobodies so now when you play in conf games your facing better overall teams and better hitters, that have a better approach at the plate, there not facing Houston baptist,Maine,Texas southern, Penn st, pan am, north Dakota st, pview, gotta play teamS  that prepare you for conference  play, this conf  has gotten better from top to bottom overall the past 5 yrs.

[quote name="baseball25" post="779939" timestamp="1269201317"]
I mean everyone on here thinks I'm a prick and etc, but one reason the bull pen is struggling is look who thy have faced in non conf....they have faced nobodies so now when you play in conf games your facing better overall teams and better hitters, that have a better approach at the plate, there not facing Houston baptist,Maine,Texas southern, Penn st, pan am, north Dakota st, pview, gotta play teamS  that prepare you for conference  play, this conf  has gotten better from top to bottom overall the past 5 yrs.
[/quote]

I like how you tell it like it is 25, keep the criticism coming.

Guest baseball25
I just wish people would be reAlistic, I'm just speaking the truth, I hope Lamar picks it up but they better hurry fast with Texas st and south eas la coming up the next 6 games.

[quote name="time2time" post="779936" timestamp="1269200351"]
The Cards had 4 run lead heading the 7th, UCA takes the lead, Lamar regains the lead (by two runs) heading to the ninth and blows it again.  Interestingly, [b]pitcher Miller Aldrich bats with 2 outs [/b] in the 9th, his first at-bat of the season.  Why not Michael DeLaRosa?  Anyway, Aldrich Ks and Cards lose 10-9.  Now 1-4 in conference against arguably the two worst teams (other than the Cards who are clearly the worst team in conference) in the SLC.  

SSs are killing the Cards.  Three errors at that position in Game 1 today.  After the first game on Sunday, LU SSs have made 21 errors - Brunner has 4, Theriot has 11, and Mena has 2 and I'm also pretty sure that Buchanan has made an error or two at SS.

So with no bullpen and no SS, the Cards have got to hope the starters can go 9 and the offense puts 6 plus runs to make up for all the unearned runs.  Of course it's hard to go 9 when your defense cannot help you.
[/quote]

Before I comment, let me go look at the box score, there must be a reason for a pitcher to bat in that suitation.

Mathis was already out of the game when Brunner pinch ran for him after hitting the double.  The interesting thing though was that instead of keeping Brunner in the game at shortstop (clearly the best defense ss we have)  and moving Mena to left, they kept the pitcher in the lineup.  Of course, Mena makes an error in the top of the ninth helping to open the flood gates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32