LU vs. UCA..LU Loses Game 1, Wins Game 2!

The error in the 9th was a really tough play. Not sure Mena would have made the play if he would have held on to it after diving. The one earlier in the game was definitely his fault though. But there were 4 or 5 more hitters available. Why not one of them? Also game 3 is tied 3 to 3 top 5.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, last year the Cards made the conference tourney, this year . . . I'm not sure they have enough pitching (hard to believe I'm saying that about a Jim Gilligan coached team) to even make the tourney.  

Don't forget, UCA had like 5/6 wins coming into this weekend.

Guest baseball25
Lamar rpi is now 105  , could get better these next couple of weeks if they can upset tx st or south ea la, and rice, so we shall see.

Guest baseball25
That's what they say, but he has no over powering pitchers this yr like lamar is use to having, I mean madison smith  is 85-88, and Erickson is 85-88, thats not overall powering right there, but they are descent enough to be good 2 and 3 starters, I mean they need a dominant number 1 pitcher and they don't have that this yr. Things are about to get tough in Conference play, so somebody needs to step up for Lamar.

Our starting pitching isn't bad IMO. Dziedzic has great stuff just needs to control it a little better. Our bullpen is horrible though. I just hate looking at the stat sheet that comes in the program and seeing guys like Cuniff, Boulanger, Cleveland, and Steward have the lowest ERA's on the team but have only thrown 6 or 7 innings this season. Then I look at Ford, Aldridge, Henderson, and McGinnis who all have ERA's of 7.14 or higher but have thrown more innings than everyone else in the bullpen. Since they aren't getting it done I think you have to give some of these other guys at least a chance.

As far as handling the shortstop position I think Mena obviously needs more of an opportunity especially after how well he hit yesterday. Bunner and Theriot give you pretty much the same thing with the bat (.280 hitter with above average speed) but Bunner is slightly better defensively so let him play more.

I can't wait for Anthony Moore to come back healthy. He has 5 tool capabilities. He leads the team in HRs and RBIs even after missing 8 games. Plus any single he hits turns into a double 2 pitches later when he steals second. And he is the only outfielder we have with a halfway decent arm to throw someone out.

We will be fine in conference as long as our starting pitching keeps it up. But if they cant go 6+ innings we are screwed...I'm not counting them out just yet. We just need to win our next two series to be right back in the mix of things. But I do know that is easier said than done.

[quote name="baseball25" post="780184" timestamp="1269270922"]
That's what they say, but he has no over powering pitchers this yr like lamar is use to having, I mean madison smith  is 85-88, and Erickson is 85-88, thats not overall powering right there, but they are descent enough to be good 2 and 3 starters, I mean they need a dominant number 1 pitcher and they don't have that this yr. Things are about to get tough in Conference play, so somebody needs to step up for Lamar.
[/quote] I thought Dziedzic and Eric had powering stuff.

[quote name="ballin4life" post="780226" timestamp="1269274744"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=67548.msg780184#msg780184 date=1269270922]
[/quote] I thought Dziedzic and Eric had powering stuff.
[/quote]

Not as far as just throwing fastballs constantly by you even when you know its coming. But they use their sharp breaking pitches very well to set up that fastball to blow it by you when you are looking for something else.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32