BH vs Kpark predictions

[quote name="sportsfan80" post="781090" timestamp="1269401052"]
You don't really understand unless you live in Barbers Hill.  The politics plays too heavy here.  It  has turned off many kids to sports altogether.  If the student has a parent who works for the district (as did 5 of the 6 doughnut boys) you get special treatment.  If it had been my kid, they would have gotten 30 days alternative school and sitting out of many games.  These boys got off too easy because their moms work for the district.  That's that plain and simple............
[/quote]

I completely agree.  On another thread I got reamed for screaming politics, but BH is full of it.  Kids do get special treatment if athlete and parent works for school or contributes lots of money.  I know, I have experienced it first hand.  I know many kids, my own included who has lost love for chosen sport due to BH politics.  It's really sad.

Folks.....the so called special treatment and politics you speak of are only preparing our kid's for the real world. The workplace is full of special treatment for those who are next of kin to the hiring department etc. If you feel slighted take your butts to HISD............

BH 88 you are probably correct but you defiantly don't know the other side.  The good thing is that with the new coaching regime there will be little ties and the ones playing will deserve to be there.  Well i guess except for baseball.  My understanding is there no change.  Makes no sense.  400 wins is incredible!  don't get me wrong.  but

Times have changed  no longer can BH focus on baseball for only four or five months of the year.  We have had incredible talent in the past and went no where.  We have to get out of 3a and compete.  We need baseball skill/training all year long.  We get most of the training from lessons and select teams.  That is a given for any school.  But is it too much to ask to have had some arm strength and conditioning, weight workouts geared towards lower body/shoulders/forearms, hitting instruction, something from the bullpen other than 'Are you talking back to me boy'!
Sorry but a bit pissed after last nite.

I say enough of the mediocrity is enough and it is high time an Executive order is given by Coach Gage AD to summons Junior Gage to take over on an interim basis. The rapport Junior has with the boy's is a marvel to see and is what the doctor ordered for the remainder o fthe season while there is still time to salvage the season.......Hire Jason Krug as the full time coach for the 2011 season.....We are out coached, out prepared and out classed game after game.

Sorry let me re-state my position. Not out classed in being a group of thugs but out classed in a physical baseball conditioned sense. Sorry for the confusion on the wording. Maybe if the boy's had a relationship with the senior statesmen we have leading them they may have been camped out in thecoaches office talking baseball much like they do now with Junior Gage instead of making a pass behind the blue wall........let's make the game fun again.........

[quote name="cjwmeemaw" post="781470" timestamp="1269461984"]
Sorry let me re-state my position. Not out classed in being a group of thugs but out classed in a physical baseball conditioned sense. Sorry for the confusion on the wording. Maybe if the boy's had a relationship with the senior statesmen we have leading them they may have been camped out in thecoaches office talking baseball much like they do now with Junior Gage instead of making a pass behind the blue wall........let's make the game fun again.........
[/quote]

Got Ya,
Yes, baseball as all sports should be fun!

Guest GCMPats
There is always a good cop, bad cop situation in high school athletics. What you can never have is some young buck trying to undermine your authority as the head coach. It's logical that the players would relate better to a younger coach. That's why you have young coaches on your staff. If he starts to play your team against you, then you have problems!

All at BH fully understand the good cop bad cop analogy. The problem is until Junior Gage came along there has always been two bad cops.... if you watch a BH game in comparison to a GCM or Crosby coached teams our boy's are so uptight and press on every at bat and every defensive opportunity. it starts at the top and the time has come to part ways with the current keystone cops and put our tax dollars at work in support of a new age coach Jason Krug to be exact that relates to this generation of ballplayer.......

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="cjwmeemaw" post="781700" timestamp="1269524260"]
All at BH fully understand the good cop bad cop analogy. The problem is until Junior Gage came along there has always been two bad cops.... if you watch a BH game in comparison to a GCM or Crosby coached teams our boy's are so uptight and press on every at bat and every defensive opportunity. it starts at the top and the time has come to part ways with the current keystone cops and put our tax dollars at work in support of a new age coach Jason Krug to be exact that relates to this generation of ballplayer.......
[/quote]

In which district does Jason Krug teach? Is he a Certified Texas Educator?

Coah Krug is the assistant baseball coach at San Jacinto North........Most kid's in the local area currently attend his private hitting classes conducted at Baseball USA and San Jacinto North campus. Jason has coached at the High School level in the past.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="781769" timestamp="1269530014"]
[quote author=cjwmeemaw link=topic=67596.msg781700#msg781700 date=1269524260]
[/quote]

In whicch district does Jason Krug teach? Is he a Certified Texas Educator?
[/quote]

He is a coach at san jac. He is certified and i think he coached in new braunfels isd before that, i think!

Coach Krug is a great coach and yes several (not "most") kids in BH see him.

Couple of things worth mentioning.

- Coaches read this board
- Players read this board
- Current BH coaches know about coach Krug and probably know which players see him.

Just saying....

[quote name="blah-blah" post="781801" timestamp="1269531892"]

- Current BH coaches know about coach Krug and probably know which players see him.

Just saying....
[/quote]

what's your point ?

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="781819" timestamp="1269532546"]
[quote author=blah-blah link=topic=67596.msg781801#msg781801 date=1269531892]

Just saying....
[/quote]

what's your point ?
[/quote]

Simply that:

-There are 50-60 kids in the BH program and most do not see coach Krug.

-I would hate for there to be any animosity towards mine or any other kid by the current coaching staff for seeing coach Krug.  Not saying that would happen, but it could.  Especially after reading this thread.

-Players read this board.  I think it's a bit wreckless to bash current, or tout new coaches in the program 2 weeks into disctrict play.  I'm sure there's plenty of tension in the locker room already with everyhting that's happened with the coaching staff thus far.

JMO

Guest gwmcdona
This just in.....players do read the board........the vote is in all were in favor to oust the current regime in favor of Gage/Rinaldo.

[quote name="blah-blah" post="781884" timestamp="1269536080"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=67596.msg781819#msg781819 date=1269532546]

Just saying....
[/quote]

what's your point ?
[/quote]

Simply that:

-I would hate for there to be any animosity towards mine or any other kid by the current coaching staff for seeing coach Krug.  Not saying that would happen, but it could.  Especially after reading this thread.

-Players read this board.  I think it's a bit wreckless to bash current, or tout new coaches in the program 2 weeks into disctrict play.  I'm sure there's plenty of tension in the locker room already with everyhting that's happened with the coaching staff thus far.

JMO

[/quote]

Fair enough.  I do not think the coaches would be upset that a player was taking hitting lessons on his own time from whomever....that hasn't been my experience at least. In '07 & '08, all of the pitchers had personal pitching coaches they worked with. The coaches were aware of this and didn't get upset at least not to my knowledge.
Good luck the rest of the season. BH plays at home tomorrow night ?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="781905" timestamp="1269539617"]
[quote author=blah-blah link=topic=67596.msg781884#msg781884 date=1269536080]

Just saying....
[/quote]

what's your point ?
[/quote]

Simply that:

JMO

[/quote]

Fair enough.  I do not think the coaches would be upset that a player was taking hitting lessons on his own time from whomever....that hasn't been my experience at least. In '07 & '08, all of the pitchers had personal pitching coaches they worked with. The coaches were aware of this and didn't get upset at least not to my knowledge.
[/quote]

Yes. 7:00 PM start.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="781905" timestamp="1269539617"]
[quote author=blah-blah link=topic=67596.msg781884#msg781884 date=1269536080]

Just saying....
[/quote]

what's your point ?
[/quote]

Simply that:

-I would hate for there to be any animosity towards mine or any other kid by the current coaching staff for seeing coach Krug.  Not saying that would happen, but it could.  Especially after reading this thread.

-Players read this board.  I think it's a bit wreckless to bash current, or tout new coaches in the program 2 weeks into disctrict play.  I'm sure there's plenty of tension in the locker room already with everyhting that's happened with the coaching staff thus far.

JMO

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes... GCM.

I get what you're saying but was anyone advocating that the coaches be replaced by personal hitting/pitching coaches that the kids were seeing?

I'm not advocating for or against the current staff.  Whether there needs to be a change or not, is now the time?  In all reality I doubt anything will happen this year.  What good does it do the players, especially with such a young group, to bash the current coaches?  IMO they need to maintain what confidence they have in the current staff and just focus on going as far as they can.

No doubt coach Krug would be a great fit.  But is now the time discuss that?  That's all I'm sayin...      

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou