http://pbstats.pointstreak.com/baseball/schedule-team.html?teamid=2348
Select scheduled game to follow.

Guest GCMPats
Final

GCM    3
Crosby  5

WP: J. Gabryszwski
LP:  M. Martinez

After 2 outs in the 10th, Cougar batter reaches on a KS-E2, runner on first scores on the throwing error. Gabryszwksi then doubles in the 2nd run of the inning.

Tough loss for GCM.

Guest GCMPats
Crosby downs GCM in 10 innings

The Crosby Cougars scored two runs in the top of the 10th inning to defeat Goose Creek Memorial 5-3 Tuesday night.

Cody Butler pitched the first nine innings for GCM, setting a school record with 16 strikeouts. Price Jacobs hit a two-run homer for the Patriots.

Crosby remains unbeaten in District 19-4A, improving to 3-0 while GCM falls to 2-1.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="The best game" post="781245" timestamp="1269440499"]
Good job Crosby.  GCM's 2,3,4,5 hitters are tough to get through.
[/quote]

The BOMB from the 3 hole last night was the hardest ball I've seen hit at GCM. That thing cleared the trees behind the left field fence.

It was a good game between two good teams. It's just a shame that it came down to a Little League error.

Congrats Cougars. See ya'll in a few weeks.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="781253" timestamp="1269441599"]
[quote author=The best game link=topic=67677.msg781245#msg781245 date=1269440499]
Good job Crosby.  GCM's 2,3,4,5 hitters are tough to get through.
[/quote]

The BOMB from the 3 hole last night was the hardest ball I've seen hit at GCM. That thing cleared the trees behind the left field fence.

It was a good game between two good teams. It's just a shame that it came down to a Little League error.

Congrats Cougars. See ya'll in a few weeks.
[/quote]Well it went extra inn because of a little league error.  Crosby had a error by 3rd base in the 5th that let the tie run come to the plate. which the kid hit a bomb.  Errors are apart of base ball.

Jeremy came in and closed it down in the 5th.... striking out 9 of 15 batters i think....

The person I feel for is Cody Butler... the lefty threw a heck of a game... Its been a long time where I have seen a pitcher pitch over 165 pitches and was still effective.... great game Cody and I hope you don't have to throw that many again....

The person I feel for is Cody Butler... the lefty threw a heck of a game... Its been a long time where I have seen a pitcher pitch over 165 pitches and was still effective.... great game Cody and I hope you don't have to throw that many again....
[/quote]
I was wondering how many he threw (I figured 130-140).  Usually good hitters after you see them 3, 4 or 5 times can figure a pitcher out, but he had good movement on his pitches.

[quote name="The best game" post="781912" timestamp="1269540948"]
[/quote]
I was wondering how many he threw (I figured 130-140).  Usually good hitters after you see them 3, 4 or 5 times can figure a pitcher out, but he had good movement on his pitches.
[/quote]

165 pitches  ??? ??? ???
You've got to be joking.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="juskillenit89" post="781943" timestamp="1269545768"]
Wow, didn't relize he threw that many pitches.  I can't imagine that he will be allowed to throw many pitches again, it just isn't worth the risk of an arm injury for a non playoff win.

I sure hope he get's some rest for his arm and his count is watched his next couple outings.

[/quote]

He would not be scheduled to go again until Tuesday. Chance Czerwonka was just recently released to begin throwing again from the mound last week. He may get that start against Galena Park. We'll see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou