Crosby 5 GCM 3 Final (10)

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
They beat Bellaire and lost to Pasadena. Kind of an enigma at this point. They return a lot of all district players from last year. May not have the pitching depth.

[quote name="juskillenit89" post="781943" timestamp="1269545768"]
Wow, didn't relize he threw that many pitches.  I can't imagine that he will be allowed to throw many pitches again, it just isn't worth the risk of an arm injury for a non playoff win.

I sure hope he get's some rest for his arm and his count is watched his next couple outings.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, the arm/elbow injury will come later................when he is trying to pitch in college.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="781929" timestamp="1269543470"]
[quote author=The best game link=topic=67677.msg781912#msg781912 date=1269540948]
The person I feel for is Cody Butler... the lefty threw a heck of a game... Its been a long time where I have seen a pitcher pitch over 165 pitches and was still effective.... great game Cody and I hope you don't have to throw that many again....
[/quote]
I was wondering how many he threw (I figured 130-140).  Usually good hitters after you see them 3, 4 or 5 times can figure a pitcher out, but he had good movement on his pitches.
[/quote]

165 pitches  ??? ??? ???
You've got to be joking.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

You are right about that. I know Rupp wants to win but it's not worth hurting the kids arm. That is ridiculous!! I said the same thing last year about Smesney from Dayton, good pitcher, good kid, pitched way too much now has hurt arm. It's just not worth it. Stupid if you ask me and you see it all the time.
[/quote]

[quote name="TEL" post="782211" timestamp="1269598250"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=67677.msg781929#msg781929 date=1269543470]
[quote author=The best game link=topic=67677.msg781912#msg781912 date=1269540948]
The person I feel for is Cody Butler... the lefty threw a heck of a game... Its been a long time where I have seen a pitcher pitch over 165 pitches and was still effective.... great game Cody and I hope you don't have to throw that many again....
[/quote]
I was wondering how many he threw (I figured 130-140).  Usually good hitters after you see them 3, 4 or 5 times can figure a pitcher out, but he had good movement on his pitches.
[/quote]

165 pitches  ??? ??? ???
You've got to be joking.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

You are right about that. I know Rupp wants to win but it's not worth hurting the kids arm. That is ridiculous!! I said the same thing last year about Smesney from Dayton, good pitcher, good kid, pitched way too much now has hurt arm. It's just not worth it. Stupid if you ask me and you see it all the time.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep...and Smesny had Tommy John surgery yesterday. Go figure.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="TEL" post="782416" timestamp="1269628172"]
WOW! And people talk about how good Butler pitched, which he did, but what are you doing for his career by throwing 165 pitches in a game??????  Thats what they should be talking about!
[/quote]

As a parent, what do you do in that situation?

I know what I should do. Do not know if I could do it during a game.

Confronting a coach in that situation is a slippery slope.

I agree, but like I said earlier, I made the same statement about Dayton throwing Smesney as much as they did last year and look where he is now. I wish nothing but the best for him but I blame that on the Dayton coach. Just don't want that happening to any of our young men out there no matter where they are from!

I am not saying that 165 is not alot of pitches and that it should be done everyday but you have to look at the pitch count as just a number and [u]somewhat[/u] of an indicator on how long a pitcher should stay out there. There is ongoing research that is saying that more players are having arm problems because their arms are not conditioned to throw more than 80 pitches every 7th day. You should look at what I am assuming their coach did. Big good looking kid, not too hot and not too cold, there were no big/long innings that would require him to throw that many pitches in ONE inning (if he did throw 165 that would be about 18 pitches an inning...not bad), and the kid was still very effective. At the first sign of the kid getting tired (ball was up and the next pitch was in the dirt) he came out. Props to the kid...for getting it done...and their coach for letting his big dog hunt (i would not imagine that he would risk a kid's time at the next level since he has been there...just a little bit from what i hear)...Smesney on the other hand would have a high pitch count, remain out there, and this would occur on a daily basis..big difference fellas

How you can justify one and not the other is beyond me.  How exactly did Smesny do it everyday, I don't recall him pitching both games each week and throwing that many pitches. 

Exactly what level of player is this study being done on?  Is it 15 - 18 year olds, because unless it is you are talking about a big difference in the development of their body compared to college, minor or pro player's.

How many college players do you see throw that many pitches in an outing? 

[quote name="balla14" post="783250" timestamp="1269781926"]
I am not saying that 165 is not alot of pitches and that it should be done everyday but you have to look at the pitch count as just a number and [u]somewhat[/u] of an indicator on how long a pitcher should stay out there. There is ongoing research that is saying that more players are having arm problems because their arms are not conditioned to throw more than 80 pitches every 7th day. You should look at what I am assuming their coach did. Big good looking kid, not too hot and not too cold, there were no big/long innings that would require him to throw that many pitches in ONE inning (if he did throw 165 that would be about 18 pitches an inning...not bad), and the kid was still very effective. At the first sign of the kid getting tired (ball was up and the next pitch was in the dirt) he came out. Props to the kid...for getting it done...and their coach for letting his big dog hunt (i would not imagine that he would risk a kid's time at the next level since he has been there...just a little bit from what i hear)...Smesney on the other hand would have a high pitch count, remain out there, and this would occur on a daily basis..big difference fellas
[/quote]

respectfully disagree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou

• Game Info: Start: Friday, September 20, 2024 at 6:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Gilmer Union Hill - 1A-10-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Chester- 1A-12-1 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • My wagers for the week: Texas Tech -3  Georgia Tech/Louisville Over 57.5 USC/Michigan Under 44 Utah/Okie State Under 52.5 LSU -22.5 Tennessee/Oklahoma Under 57.5 Oklahoma +7 ULM +44.5
    • In regards to sub varsity games, I will put my money on any 5A DI JV vs. a 4A DII JV.  Larger schools will always have better sub varsity teams than schools three divisions smaller. So take that 34-0 win with a grain of salt. I think tonight's game will be the hardest test for Silsbee so far this season. Bruins will have the team speed to give the Tigers some problems. I got Silsbee winning by 10.
    • 1. Barbers Hill  2. Lufkin  3. Silsbee 4. Jasper  5. Episcopal 6. Anahuac  7. Coldspring-Oakhurst  8. Hardin  9. Kirbyville  10. Centerville 11. Woodville 12. Fairfield  13. Teague  14. Anderson-Shiro  15. Kountze  16. New Waverly  17. Garrison 18. Grand Saline 19.  West Sabine 20. Shelbyville  21. Colmesneil @ Trinity forfeit 22. Evadale  23. Apple Springs  24. Richland Springs 25. Union Hill
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics